Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    6X ST MVP
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    It's becoming clear to me that besides Gregg, this is the albatross that will hinder IV from developing into the cornerstone of this franchise.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    It's becoming clear to me that besides Gregg, this is the albatross that will hinder IV from developing into the cornerstone of this franchise.
    he's getting plenty of minutes now. belinelli over Carrol is the frustrating thing more than not. Lonnie has plenty of time to learn right now and he'll get his shot next year to take Bryn or Derozan's spot next year.

6X ST MVP
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    he's getting plenty of minutes now. belinelli over Carrol is the frustrating thing more than not. Lonnie has plenty of time to learn right now and he'll get his shot next year to take Bryn or Derozan's spot next year.
    Short term, let's hope you're right. Long term, Spurs can't be keeping DDR past 2021; that or Pop needs to figure out how to be getting IV 35 minutes a game.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    why would they game plan over something not in their control? if they wanted to extend derozan, they have the chance to. Also derozan only stays as long as pop stays and i don't know if the Front office knows if pop is staying or going yet.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Should be playing both and not playing Forbes.

6X ST MVP
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Should be playing both and not playing Forbes.
    Agreed. I'm just lending credence to some posters' contention that LMA, DDR, IV don't work in a lineup together.

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Yes and no. Lonnie will never be better than derozan. The nba will continue to deteriorate so stats can argue he is/will be. This is the trend of the NBA

6X ST MVP
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    why would they game plan over something not in their control?
    They have influence. Keeping DDR makes IV not the centerpiece that he should be to make him feel valued.

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    They have influence. Keeping DDR makes IV not the centerpiece that he should be to make him feel valued.
    So if you're a below average player with 0 bbiq, you play 20 mpg and ca t outplay Forbes or marco you feel en led?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Agreed. I'm just lending credence to some posters' contention that LMA, DDR, IV don't work in a lineup together.
    Walker is playing too passively right now. It's at its worst with LMA and DeRozan on the court, but it's not great with White and Gay either. He can go stretches of possessions without touching the ball for more than a quick swing. Dude needs to play more like Forbes on offense. Bryn has no issue getting touches with the starters because he's aggressive both with and without the ball. Lonnie needs to be the same way, hunting for open spots and driving to score rather than to pass. That's the kinda stuff Pop needs to be in Walker's ear about, not about him working on his corner-three so he can space the floor for a Gay post-up.

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Walker is playing too passively right now. It's at its worst with LMA and DeRozan on the court, but it's not great with White and Gay either. He can go stretches of possessions without touching the ball for more than a quick swing. Dude needs to play more like Forbes on offense. Bryn has no issue getting touches with the starters because he's aggressive both with and without the ball. Lonnie needs to be the same way, hunting for open spots and driving to score rather than to pass. That's the kinda stuff Pop needs to be in Walker's ear about, not about him working on his corner-three so he can space the floor for a Gay post-up.
    First he sucks. Second he sucks

6X ST MVP
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    IV receives negative reinforcement; Forbes receive positive reinforcement. The passivity is a hundred percent a Gregg issue.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    First he sucks. Second he sucks.
    Okay, but third:

Dejounte, White & THE IV Truth4sale$'s Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Popovich is trying to bring out the best in Walker. He cant give him the starting spot over Forbes and DeRozan. He has to TAKE it! He has been too inconsistent. It will be even tougher next year for Walker when Keldon Johnson arrives, he has the "Dog" in him.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Constantly trying to pit Spurs players against each other is just stupid.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    It worked for Green and Splitter for example.

6X ST MVP
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Ignoring the reality that players aren't just going to sit and be Pop's for years on end is stupid. IV knows he'd be much more valued on many other teams.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Ignoring the reality that players aren't just going to sit and be Pop's for years on end is stupid. IV knows he'd be much more valued on many other teams.
    Until pop leaves, know player is going to want to stay with the spurs unless they are overpaid

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Lonnie is garbage and his fans overrate his potential

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    IV receives negative reinforcement; Forbes receive positive reinforcement. The passivity is a hundred percent a Gregg issue.
    Lol. All hairdo has to do is outplay Forbes. He never does. The end.

6X ST MVP
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Lol. All hairdo has to do is outplay Forbes. He never does. The end.
    If you think for a second that Forbes is the better player.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Best case for Lonnie is to get almost as good as DeRozen. That would be a huge win for the Spurs. But I don't think he'll ever be as good as DeRozen.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Best case for Lonnie is to get almost as good as DeRozen. That would be a huge win for the Spurs. But I don't think he'll ever be as good as DeRozen.
    Doesn’t seem very worthwhile to compare Lonnie and Dumbmar. Two completely different players. At this point Lonnie relies completely on his quickness and athletic ability, and he is more willing to shoot the 3.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    A better question is: Would it be worth losing Lonnie to get rid of Dumbmar?

6X ST MVP
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    A better question is: Would it be worth losing Lonnie to get rid of Dumbmar?
    That's a terrible question, tbh.

Thread Information