Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast
    6X ST MVP
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Uh that Clippers team would lose to the Rockets or Jazz. I agree tho Kawhi has Lebricks number no way in that bum ever beats Kawhi.

what uganda do about it? Joseph Kony's Avatar
    My Team
    Seattle Supersonics
    Post Count
    all I see is regular season bull . heat will annihilate the raps in the playoffs

and lmao just stack the box against giannis...kawhi will dunk on him (again) should they face each other in the finals.

your hatred is blinding you to the fact that we're witnessing a current top 15, probably top 10 player by the end of his career.
    career 18ppg scorer
    top 10 all time
    cant even play more than 60 games a year

i'm not a hater tbh. kawhi is a beast and Spurs FO ed up royally by trading him for scraps. but he's not the best player ever and he has a looooong way to go to enter the top 10 discussions. Durant's resume is far more impressive and he's barely top 25

what uganda do about it? Joseph Kony's Avatar
    My Team
    Seattle Supersonics
    Post Count
    and while the RS has become a joke its not without meaning. you think if Jordan or Kobe was sitting on his ass ever year for 20+ games a year "load managing" because their vaginas were sore they wouldnt have a couple more rings on their resume? if this dude was put in charge of the Bucks and tasked with Giannis' job he would be gassed halfway through the season and i'm sorry man, no way can anyone be considered the best when they leave their team and the team has a better record when bron left Clevleand/Miami they fell off a ing cliff for years. Toronto looks like a legit contender without him

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    career 18ppg scorer
    top 10 all time
    cant even play more than 60 games a year

i'm not a hater tbh. kawhi is a beast and Spurs FO ed up royally by trading him for scraps. but he's not the best player ever and he has a looooong way to go to enter the top 10 discussions. Durant's resume is far more impressive and he's barely top 25
    and while the RS has become a joke its not without meaning. you think if Jordan or Kobe was sitting on his ass ever year for 20+ games a year "load managing" because their vaginas were sore they wouldnt have a couple more rings on their resume? if this dude was put in charge of the Bucks and tasked with Giannis' job he would be gassed halfway through the season and i'm sorry man, no way can anyone be considered the best when they leave their team and the team has a better record when bron left Clevleand/Miami they fell off a ing cliff for years. Toronto looks like a legit contender without him
    about to get his third finals MVP with his third team in less than half the trips lecuck made rolling over the eastern conference

LOB mentality baby

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Because of 2014 and the part he played in San Antonio's revival at the latter end of of TD's career, I can't totally hate the guy. It's also pretty clear to see that his leaving SA was the right move for him, despite what it did to us. He's definitely a great player, and with LBJ aging and Durant and Curry injured, it's true he and Giannis are looking like the 1a/1b in the league.

That said, Kawhi's become overrated, which is funny because for a long time he was underrated. The Raptors were a stacked team against a completely repleted GS, and Kawhi wasn't particularly impressive. This year he's on another stacked team, whilst sitting out nearly every other game. Indication he may be damaged goods. Also, to say Kawhi all over LBJ is revisionist history that lacks accuracy and context. And being the greatest since Jordan? His accomplishments are not even on the level of the likes of Curry/KD, much less Lebron.

Great player, but yeah, presently overrated, tbqh.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    It depends on how he performs in the playoffs but if Siakam keeps playing like the way he's been playing then he was a better compliment for #2 than PG.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I hate Leonard with a passion now. But only because i loved him so much on the Spurs and was ready for him to be the next DROB, Timmy. I'm sure everyone was. 2017 confirmed it for me, i knew he was the best player in the NBA that year.
    We are 2017 Champs if he doesn't go down, no doubt in my mind. "Horrible" roster and all, we beat the Warriors. We played them well all year including that 30pt smack down @ Golden State to start the regular season.

But the whole "hiding" in New York and not being on the bench while recovering and seemingly not even trying to come back to play in the playoffs really showed how big of a pussy he was. AD at least continued to play. This fool didn't. He was plenty ready to play, he just didn't want to. The whole situation truly sucked.
    I never had any type of love for #2 when he was a Spur. One of the reasons why is that I grew up looking up to Robinson and Duncan plus I'm several years older than #2. The other reason is that his personality was very robotic and just didn't have the charisma that Drob or Duncan had. I didn't see him as a relatable person like I did with Drob and Duncan. I always viewed him as a mute who was socially awkward. I was thankful for his great series against Miami in '14 and thought he was going to be a superstar immediately. It sucked having to endure his growing pains in '15 and '16. Both years he fell very short during the playoffs. His last full season with the Spurs he was actually fun to watch and I thought we were going to get 7-10 years of excitement out of him. He had finally reached superstar level.

With him I made the mistake thinking that he was a low maintenance guy due to his mute personality. I didn't even know about Uncle Dennis until his finally year in SA. I didn't know that his uncle was basically his surrogate father. I get the vibe #2 blindly trusts and obeys his Uncle without questioning any of his motives. It really came down to the Spurs fighting against his surrogate father which caused him to turn against them. We do know Dennis had no plans of ever keeping him in SA. The problem I have with him now is how he doesn't stop taking shots at the Spurs. Just recently him subtly throwing a shot at the Spurs during all-star weekend about how he could contribute right away as a rookie offensively but the Spurs held him back.

Ultimately what sucked in the end it took #2 forever to develop into a superstar and once he did we only got to enjoy it for a brief minute and then he was gone. What also sucked was the haters aka media and former players like Jax got what they wanted which was to see the destruction of the Spurs and was able to use #2 as an instrument to do it. That's really always going to bother me. I really do hope karma bites Jax in the ass one of these days.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Hard to say if Kawhi turns down $250 million when he made it clear that he's all about the money. But LA seems like it was his endgame all along. Him leaving screwed us over for the foreseeable future, but we can come back from it... I trust.

A place that the Spurs could improve is marketing their players. Duncan didn't want to do it and that's fine. But in my childhood the Spurs always had someone on national TV marketing us as a brand. Robinson and Rodman too. Tony and Manu should've had more commercials, but they did have some(I actually can only remember one Manu commerical and 2 Tony commericals). Hard to say though if that wasn't Stern's fault.

I'm not saying Pop prohibits this or anything, but he doesn't promote it. Kawhi should've been getting national commercials when he was a Spur. The second he won Finals MVP his face should've been plastered everywhere. And he should've had so many national commercials when he won his DPOY. I think if Pop calls Jordan and tells him to promote him better or calls Gatorade or Powerade or McDonalds or Coke or someone then Kawhi would've stayed. even Giannis has national commercials.
    Only thing I feel you can blame Pop for is that he doesn't promote his players when it comes to winning awards. Honestly I don't think #2 gave a about endorsements early on in his career and even up until a few years ago. Hence him never trying to make himself available for the media. If you look at guys like Lebron,Durant,Kobe,Giannis,Jordan,Shaq they were all promoting themselves with media appearances and interviews early on in their careers. The media is the gateway for endorsements. #2 never did any of that stuff. Plus he lacks charisma and he's not as engaging as those guys are in interviews.

I feel the guy who did start to care about endorsements was uncle Dennis and hence #2 then started caring about them but he never gave any indications early on he wanted to be in the spotlight. You have to want to be in the spotlight to be a big time endorser. I'm being objective here but I have never seen a player with #2's personality ever get a ton of endorsements in any sport.
    Last edited by daslicer; 02-17-2020 at 08:25 PM.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Why? White and Murray suck.
    They don't suck. They were also drafted late in the draft. And that defense.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Yup. He was always going to LA. No matter what. He’s young and rich and wanted to go home. That doesn’t bother me at all. But I wish he was more professional in how he left. But with the horrible spurs FO, maybe he couldn’t just tell them straight up and had to do unconventional things to break through
    Very true! If Kawhi had just been straight up with his intentions with no hard feelings, the Spurs and Kawhi could have worked together to facilitate as smooth as a transition as possible. Its the reason why the trade haul that the Spurs got for him was rather lacking in the form of a career empty calories scorer, a Tiago Splitter 2.0 center and a second to last of the first round pick since it was clear that Kawhi wanted out. Kawhi did not do the professional thing and give a professional sports version of a two week notice which could have potentially left the Spurs in a better shape than they are now. Hoping that KJ who we got for Toronto's pick really pans out!

Tim to Tony to Manu! bdictjames's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    There's no reason for someone who does not want to be on the team to keep him. Kawhi has always had his eyes set on L.A., and I'm happy for him. We just gotta focus on our own team now.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Spurs had a lot to do with his "greatness," idiot. Wasn't it Chip Engelland (a Spurs assistant coach) that corrected his shot? Wasn't it the Spurs development staff that helped him become a great offensive player? His predraft comparisons were Gerald Wallace, Luc Mbah Moute & (I believe) Shawn Marion.
    Saying the Spurs had "nothing to do" with his "greatness" is beyond dumb.
    Oh ffs, here we go... I heard about you re s but I’ve never been called an idiot by one. That’s rich. Take your nose out of the franchise’s ass for a second and name one other player the Spurs made GREAT. Not just helped improved their mechanics like most coaching staffs do, but contributed to their GREATness. Do you need some quotes from Pop or other Spurs coaches who said they NEVER imagined Kawhi would evolve like he has?

What’s your next genius take; that Pop & his crew made Manu in to the player he was too? That once Chip and Chad worked with Manu he became a tough, maniacal compe or ? The Spurs contributed to Kawhi’s greatness about as much as the Lakers did to Kobe’s, the Bulls did to MJ’s and the Bucks did to Giannis’. The Spurs lucked in to trading for a player whose desire to be great wasn’t all talk. You don’t coach greatness dumbass, you try not to it up or get in the way

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Kawhi is Forrest Gump.. just f#cking lucky. Pop should've sent him to Sacramento for Doncic. It's just a string of goodluck for this guy. I'm not saying he's not good, but boy he's one lucky re .

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Kawhi is Forrest Gump.. just f#cking lucky. Pop should've sent him to Sacramento for Doncic. It's just a string of goodluck for this guy. I'm not saying he's not good, but boy he's one lucky re .
    This tbh

He is a deceptively good player however as good as he is his luck is even better..

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Yup he is the best player in the league. Spurs fans have known it since at least 2017 and I'd assume even the most reluctant of the gang were forced to acknowledge it watching him against memphis and golden state before the Zaza'ing.

Wasn't Giannis better then Kawhi last year? The year before Harden was better then him, the year before, etc etc...

You guys remember when the Spurs and Raptors were better when KL sat? Remember when he was Zaza'd and we easily cruised past the warriors?

Next year people will say, "remember when the numbers said the Raptors were better without him yet they got bounced by a lesser team".

It's all b.s...

I understand the level of hatred for him, I even understand wanting him to fail, I just don't understand denying the reality.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    He's been great.

A Clippers-Lakers matchup is going to be extremely tough to figure out who to cheer for. I'm hoping one or both lose before the WCF.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Nephew left because of Flopovich. Reports came out that he wanted Flopovich to ease up in practice. Rumors came out that him, Simmons and Dedmon didn't like an old cracker trying to tell black players about their history. Then Flopovich shipped them out and resigned Pau Gasol and 50 Mills showing him that they are not going all out to win. That whole rumor about someone from the Spurs saying something to Kawhi that he didn't like is made up bull . The guy was just tired of Flopovich's arrogant dictatorship just like we are.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Oh ffs, here we go... I heard about you re s but I’ve never been called an idiot by one. That’s rich. Take your nose out of the franchise’s ass for a second and name one other player the Spurs made GREAT. Not just helped improved their mechanics like most coaching staffs do, but contributed to their GREATness. Do you need some quotes from Pop or other Spurs coaches who said they NEVER imagined Kawhi would evolve like he has?

What’s your next genius take; that Pop & his crew made Manu in to the player he was too? That once Chip and Chad worked with Manu he became a tough, maniacal compe or ? The Spurs contributed to Kawhi’s greatness about as much as the Lakers did to Kobe’s, the Bulls did to MJ’s and the Bucks did to Giannis’. The Spurs lucked in to trading for a player whose desire to be great wasn’t all talk. You don’t coach greatness dumbass, you try not to it up or get in the way
    You truly are stupid, man.

Again, I point out Leonard's scouting report pre - draft, players of similar build/skillset who flamed out in other organizations and you come with stupidity about "pointing out someone else."

So, the Bucks (Giannis), Raptors (Pascal) & Lakers (Kobe) need to "point at someone else" to prove they helped those players become good or great?

Obviously not, cause players don't just get better in a vacuum on their own. They have development coaches, trainers and other staff (or independent contractors) working with them.

Lastly, I can easily point a Tony Parker as another success case under Pop & his staff, but I already know you have stupid, blind hatred of him. Are you related to Stephen Jackson by any chance????

Wow, "you don't 'teach' greatness" but you do help cultivate, develop and nurture it especially in the case like Leonard who was nowhere near the same offensive player in college as now. Again, your dumbass is using hindsight to sell the Spurs short. I shouldn't be shocked with all the stupid takes I've seen you make over the years.....

I'll let it go cause you are dumb enoug to think no great players are aided in their greatness, they all just wake up after hard work and become great. Coaches like Pop, Phil Jackson, Red Auerbach, Pat Riley, Stever Kerr, etc. never played a part in helping make some good or great.
    Last edited by J_Paco; 02-18-2020 at 11:32 PM.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    You truly are stupid, man.

Again, I point out Leonard's scouting report pre - draft, players of similar build/skillset who flamed out in other organizations and you come with stupidity about "pointing out someone else."

So, the Bucks (Giannis), Raptors (Pascal) & Lakers (Kobe) need to "point at someone else" to prove they helped those players become good or great?

Obviously not, cause players don't just get better in a vacuum on their own. They have development coaches, trainers and other staff (or independent contractors) working with them.

Lastly, I can easily point a Tony Parker as another success case under Pop & his staff, but I already know you have stupid, blind hatred of him. Are you related to Stephen Jackson by any chance????

Wow, "you don't 'teach' greatness" but you do help cultivate, develop and nurture it especially in the case like Leonard who was nowhere near the same offensive player in college as now. Again, your dumbass is using hindsight to sell the Spurs short. I shouldn't be shocked with all the stupid takes I've seen you make over the years.....

I'll let it go cause you are dumb enoug to think no great players are aided in their greatness, they all just wake up after hard work and become great. Coaches like Pop, Phil Jackson, Red Auerbach, Pat Riley, Stever Kerr, etc. never played a part in helping make some good or great.

Yeah you'll let it go because you don't want any more smoke on your lame ass opinion. The scouring report on Kawhi you threw out there doesn't mean . Scouting reports aren't flawless, they're wrong all the time with stupid comparisons & ceiling predictions - which is why you have players like Kawhi Leonard, Paul George, Manu Gnobili and Jimmy Butler who excel even though they are drafted later. Did Indiana cultivate and shape Paul George in to the player he became? How about Jimmy Butler? Was it that awesome environment in Chicago? Nah, maybe it was Minnesota.

By your same stupid-ass logic, coaching staffs and their development teams ruined all those first round picks who became busts. Bbbut the development teams.. ing nonsense. The best thing the Spurs and their coaching staff had going for them was Tim Duncan. End of story. He allowed them to have a stable environment. He allowed Pop to coach & yell at him. He didn't put himself above the team.

There's lots of good trainers and coaches who help players but in no way, shape or form are they the difference makers in making players great. Cultivate, condition, nutrture, gtfo outta here with that bull . Why is Kawhi still kicking ass if he's not in that same kumbaya, nurturing, cultivating environment? Maybe because he was destined to be great all along. Why didn't he take Chip with him to Toronto? The only trainer he took with him was his friend Clint Parks. Maybe Clint made him great.

Tony Parker? Give me a ing break. He was starting by his 5th game. I guess the coaching staff wasn't only great they were fast in his case too. You see how stupid you sound? WTF happened with Dejounte & all that bull hype from the coaching staff? He's going to be great..blah blah blah.

Oh and mentioning Steve Kerr as a great coach after he inherited Steph Curry, Klay Thompson, Draymond Green, Andre Iguodala and eventually Durant. That's just priceless. You ought to bold that one. Great coach.. Go back to your hole jerkoff.
    Last edited by tmtcsc; 02-19-2020 at 04:06 PM.

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Kawhi was always going to leave. He was not the true character guy that Robinson, Duncan, Manu, AJ were. He’s no better than a hired gun, sad to say. Cherish the great team the Spurs had, now it’s time to build a new one! Once LA doesn’t give Nephew what he wants down the road, he’ll turn on them too!

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Kawhi is a great player and obviously developed into that in SA under Pop, Chip, Tim, Manu, and others. He is also someone who completely ed over the people that helped him the most. That's a great thing to aspire to. I'll enjoy rooting against him and wishing him ill will, but don't lose sleep over him if he wins or loses. I really think he's a piece of .....a very rich piece of , but so it goes.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Kawhi is a great player and obviously developed into that in SA under Pop, Chip, Tim, Manu, and others. He is also someone who completely ed over the people that helped him the most. That's a great thing to aspire to. I'll enjoy rooting against him and wishing him ill will, but don't lose sleep over him if he wins or loses. I really think he's a piece of .....a very rich piece of , but so it goes.
    I have a saying that I coined a long time ago which is "You can't win forever and neither can you lose forever." #2 is winning right now but eventually his string of good luck will come to an end and he will lose. We just have to patiently wait it out. I think for most spur fans it will be cathartic when it happens and will allow them to finally move on.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Nobody really knows the inside story on Kawhi and what happened between him & Pop... interesting to see how everyone guesses a scenario and then runs with it as gospel fact.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    NOBODY even Lebron and Harden Professional Trolls Like Skip Bayless thought to point this out, it was so obvious they were trying to make a dramatic 3 pointer to win the game.

Harden MISSED free throws.

James kept clangin Bricks, even took one from near half court.

Don't forget that Carlton Banks mother er Chris Paul was also in on it...

But MUTY did and said NOTHING afterwards
    kawhi gets the league so pissed it's funny. every NBA player is threatened by him. I'm glad kawhi basically told lebron to go f himself by signing with the clippers. gonna be a fun WCF watching kawhi blow lebum out again

My Team
    Toronto Raptors
    Post Count
    Because his souped up Bowen ass was a beneficiary of playing on one of the greatest teams of all-time, that ran circles around the carcasses of the worn down Heat? Or is it because the had a tantrum and decided he needed an even more contrived team than the one he left, with waves of James defenders, to beat his old ass (that has no secondary perimeter scorer/play makers)?

He has no business being mentioned in the same breathe as him and has forfeited the right to ever be the best player in the league conversation because of his lack of durability and contrived rosters.
    Kawhi couldn’t give two s about being compared to LeBrat when he’s going to end up with a better postseason legacy. Your boy James Fartin & CP0 can fight it out for regular season supremacy.

Thread Information