Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Yeah - I am very skeptical of Wright. His background and what little we know of his vision/ability so far is underwhelming. Beyond that, someone with such little pedigree being pegged to take the most successful franchise in the nba the last 20+ years into uncharted territory is definitely eyebrow raising.

Hoping for the best. He’s obviously hamstringed some by Pop/RC and hard to pin anything directly to him but man, this is such a damn critical juncture and I really hope he’s the right man for the job.
    Stacking up for Brian Wright to be the fall guy.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Is that allowed? Seems to be some confusion on whether or not you can do that. Looks like the cap hit will be all 3 years meaning that is not allowed?
    I mean that he would give up all of his 2021 salary, not that he'd get it all. It's possible that buyouts don't let players change multiple years. The arbitration ruling originally only applied to the final year, and I don't recall players altering it beyond that (though maybe Larry Sanders did back in the day). If the option was not there to change 2020-2021, I'd've kept him.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    scary

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Itshappening.gif

Seriously though, when was the last time PATFO made a good move. Gotta be like 3 seasons now of
    2011 draft

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Can't wait for this summer when they give DePression a Gasol contract.

Cannot wait.

Will make me start yearning for the mid 80s all over agian.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Spurs have to move Aldridge and hope for a sign and trade with Derozan. We all know free agents don't usually see San Antonio as a top destination so the only way to hope for talent is by trades and draft.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Carroll signs with the Clippers in 5...4...3...2...

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Will you quit following me around? It's almost getting creepy. Ironic that you do though considering you always forget what I say and attribute other's takes to me all the time.

And, no, they're not turning it around until the old man leaves. That IS something I've been saying for a long time and, if they do when he's gone, I would still have been right. So, no, off.
    GTFOH I call bull from everyone with low basketball you're not the only one I call out their takes.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    GTFOH I call bull from everyone with low basketball you're not the only one I call out their takes.
    You normally get that wrong too. My quote page is filled with them. Your obsession is noted though.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Spurs have to move Aldridge and hope for a sign and trade with Derozan. We all know free agents don't usually see San Antonio as a top destination so the only way to hope for talent is by trades and draft.
    But, according to all the sniffers, the draft is weak and not worth tanking for despite not being in play for the playoffs anyway.

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    You normally get that wrong too. My quote page is filled with them. Your obsession is noted though.
    Nah I'm good from now on I'll post nothing directed at you since acting like lady is what you tend to do.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Nah I'm good from now on I'll post nothing directed at you since acting like lady is what you tend to do.
    I'm sure you'll misquote me soon enough. Obsessed.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Belli remains

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I don't keep close enough tabs, and I doubt you do, either, but are the guys who want to blame Brian Wright all Pop slurpers? Very transparent deflection tactic...
    Usually seems to be, but there is a large contingent of casuals who still believe that the GM is whoever listed under that le rather than the old man who has his wrinkled hands around the throat of the franchise.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Good times when we were excited about Morris/Carroll guarding Nephew and LeBron. Now it's just Gay and Trey ing Lyles

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    and so ends the debacle which cost us davis bertans for literally nothing
    They still have Trey Lyles.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    They still have Trey Lyles.
    A sandwich is better than nothing, I guess.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    What a nightmare of a season...

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    This is like when the dad gives his multi-million business that he build from the ground-up to his son and the business goes belly up in a few years.

What a ing mess of an organization. Who's the re with the steering wheel?
    at least the lakers always knew they'd be back sooner or later. san antonio could be worse than the kings for 25 years

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I wonder if there's some sort of power struggle between RC/Pop and the holt kids/gm?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Just more proof to me that Timmy and the Big 3 didn't win because of Pop and FO, they won in spite of them. What a joke...

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    PATFO used to pull stunts like this all the time, tbh... remember Van Exel, T-Mac, etc... back in the day it all got swept under the Timmy-Manu greatness...

Everything is more amplified when you're a ty team.

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Apparently Carroll was too stupid to learn Pop's playbook.

"We may never know completely why things didn’t work, but among other things, he reportedly had trouble leaning the schemes"

In other news, product gets ty ratings LMFAO
    The player empowerment era is killing the NBA
    "Local ratings for 27 of the NBA’s 30 teams (with the Utah Jazz, Memphis Grizzlies, and Toronto Raptors not included) are in at the league’s All-Star Break, and the news is not very good for the Association.

According to the ratings data compiled by the Sports Business Journal, those 27 teams are down 13% on their local RSNs, with 14 of the 27 experiencing declines in viewership. This news follows a similar trend to the national landscape, where ratings have dropped by 12%, from 10% on ESPN to to 13% on TNT and 16% on ABC.

The local story for the NBA isn’t encouraging. The Golden State Warriors, who have dominated the NBA’s local ratings for the last few years, saw their ratings decline by a staggering 66% on NBC Sports Bay Area. That’s the second-largest decline in the league (behind only the Denver Nuggets, down 72% on Al ude, which is beset by carriage issues), and has also knocked the Dubs out of the league’s top five overall. No team is averaging even a 4.00 rating in their local market, and just seven (Spurs, Bucks, 76ers, Thunder, Lakers, Blazers, Celtics) have hit 3.00. 11 teams can’t even get a 1.00 rating locally, including both New York teams (0.85 for the Knicks on MSG and 0.45, the league’s third-lowest mark, for the Nets on YES) and the Clippers (whose 86% rise to a 0.97 on Fox Sports Prime Ticket is the league’s highest local increase)."

https://awfulannouncing.com/nba/nba-...local-hit.html
    Last edited by tenbeersbold; 02-18-2020 at 06:51 AM.

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    Lol Clippers rise to 1%?!
    ty Spurs season doing better than Clippers best start ever. Nephew left a loyal ass (smaller market) fan base (two if them actually) for a JV big market team... Sad for Spurs/Raptors...

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I would not be upset if Brian Wright and Pop "went away" somehow by next summer.

Wright role as the Spurs "GM" reminds me of the situation Greg Fenves set up when he arrived as UT President. He drove the hiring of Shaka Smart - the program has imploded and the guy has been allowed to stay as coach five seasons? Smart is not very good at his job a terrible hire by Texas. I'm not sure Tom Herman is the answer either after three seasons.

The Spurs and UT need to understand that hiring the most talented and competent person available at the time needs to get the job. It is a meritocracy when Wins and Losses tell the story.

When you s out a three year guaranteed contract and that person does not even see the court in the first season of that contract and is cut from the team, there is a severe lack of communication, coordination, and focus between the coaching staff and the front office. Someone needs to answer for the Carroll contract. You can't make this kind of mistake and continue in your role in my opinion. It shows a lack of competence. Wright will be allowed to stay, because Pop and RC are not really accountable for their actions right now due to past success. The clock should be ticking on all of them now.
    Last edited by Harry Callahan; 02-18-2020 at 07:49 AM.

Thread Information