Page 6 of 9 FirstFirst ... 23456789 LastLast
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    All over a career journeyman? Dude sucked and looked lost when he was here.
    Agree. Begs the question: WTF was this FO thinking sinking 3 years into him?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Spurs gave him a 2 year deal but had to change it and make it 3 years so that the spurs could sign Marcus Morris

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Why can’t the Spurs reel in one of these already half paid for models? Who’s out there just itching to step our way? Lol

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    But they always prioritize public perception over what's best for the franchise.
    It's good in the long run.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    More like, in theory. In reality, it makes no difference. Celtics, Rockets, Raptors, etc. treat players like meat, yet don't have a public laundry list of player relation problems, while having the media eating out of the palm of their proverbial hand.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Agree. Begs the question: WTF was this FO thinking sinking 3 years into him?
    Just bad bad decision, but they have no choice as a sign and trade requires 3 years of contract. Damn how I wish they did nothing during the summer or just sign Trey and call it an off-season, the Spurs probably would be better off.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Not really, they had been doing it over a decade and till date I had not seen any FA sign with the Spurs bcos of it.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Those were both minimum deals. You really trying to compare that to an MLE 3 year deal? Thats insane. Both of those signings were fine, even if Van Exel got too many minutes for a guy over the hill.
    Was talking about players that barely played despite fan expectations to the contrary (though you’re probably right Van Exel played more than warranted)

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Yeah - I am very skeptical of Wright. His background and what little we know of his vision/ability so far is underwhelming. Beyond that, someone with such little pedigree being pegged to take the most successful franchise in the nba the last 20+ years into uncharted territory is definitely eyebrow raising.

Hoping for the best. He’s obviously hamstringed some by Pop/RC and hard to pin anything directly to him but man, this is such a damn critical juncture and I really hope he’s the right man for the job.
    eyebrow raising? I see what you did there.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    so about 8 million dollars not to hear Pops views on Politics, Wine, Food and How Awesome Bryn Forbes is.

that's a ton of nice clothes, shoes etc

Free Throw Coach Aggie Hoopsfan's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Pop and his front office brain trust continue their multi-year run of suckage. More tonight at 10.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Wow did he not give up much, Hoopshype NBA salaries says he was contracted for $7,000,000, $6,650,000, $1,350,000... Less than the vet min each year. Maybe I am reading too much into the tea leaves, but it suggests to me that this wasn't a Demarre can't hack it (as a Spurs b-ball player, ie. the can't get the sets thing) scenario, but much more of a personalities (Pop froze him out) thing...

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    It would have been better for him to go to the Clippers. Carroll, Morris, Quitter on the same team

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Spurs gave him a 2 year deal but had to change it and make it 3 years so that the spurs could sign Marcus Morris
    And the 3rd year only guarantee a little over a million.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    What is odd is that couldn't the Spurs get intel from Brooklyn about DeMarre Carroll's inability to follow plays?

Did he not also play under Budenholzer with the Hawks? There was no intel?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    You realize the guy I tweeted and received the answer from is actually Larry Coon

Yes, I do, stupid, and the answer he gave you was to a different question, dimwit.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    John Hollinger: Hearing that DeMarre Carroll gave back $761k in Spurs buyout. Will be prorated over the three years of his deal. Spurs have 48 hours to decide whether to stretch remaining $7.36M cap hit evenly over five years, or retain current structure ($6.12M next year, $1.24M in 2020-21) – via Twitter johnhollinger

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Yes, I do, stupid, and the answer he gave you was to a different question, dimwit.
    No. You are wrong. Next step for you is beyond knowing where to go to look for information you need to read it correctly and interpret it correctly.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    No. You are wrong. Next step for you is beyond knowing where to go to look for information you need to read it correctly and interpret it correctly.

You are wrong, you illiterate fool. The next step for you is to go back and look at what you actually asked him, you illiterate fool.

C'mon, moron, get it right. Go back and look.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    You are wrong, you illiterate fool. The next step for you is to go back and look at what you actually asked him, you illiterate fool.

C'mon, moron, get it right. Go back and look.
    Honest question... You've posted that the salary for the first year of DMC's contract couldn't be changed after Jan 10 per CBA; yet the Spurs would be incurring a $6,842,000 cap hit for the season when as posted above (haven't checked that) his salary for the season was supposedly 7M. What happened there? Are the Rockets paying him that difference so his "guaranteed" money stays the same? I'm no expert in CBA stuff, tbh.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Honest question... You've posted that the salary for the first year of DMC's contract couldn't be changed after Jan 10 per CBA; yet the Spurs would be incurring a $6,842,000 cap hit for the season when as posted above (haven't checked that) his salary for the season was supposedly 7M. What happened there? Are the Rockets paying him that difference so his "guaranteed" money stays the same? I'm no expert in CBA stuff, tbh.
    He’s wrong’ that is what happened.

Spurs fan in Las Vegas Drom John's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The Spurs are not paying the veteran minimum salary, prorated this year, and full year for the next two.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    He’s wrong’ that is what happened.
    He's not though, even though you're my Dude... You asked about the third and last year of DMC'S contracts specifically in your tweet, and that guy on Twitter said that the definition of a buyout is changing the amount owed to the team (in whichever year) in exchange for release. Jeff then posted the part of the CBA stating that the salary owed to a player for the current year is locked up after Jan 10... You're not arguing about the same things. And in any case, we didn't get off the third year of DMC'S contract, so whatever.

The Spurs are not paying the veteran minimum salary, prorated this year, and full year for the next two.
    But isn't the vet min salary a part of what was owed to DMC for the season - and thus, totally guaranteed to Carroll after Jan 10 per CBA? Or is the amount locked up, but doesn't matter which team page for it, so the team that signs Carrol will cover it thus making it right? That's why I asked, it's a bit confusing.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    He's not though, even though you're my Dude... You asked about the third and last year of DMC'S contracts specifically in your tweet, and that guy on Twitter said that the definition of a buyout is changing the amount owed to the team (in whichever year) in exchange for release. Jeff then posted the part of the CBA stating that the salary owed to a player for the current year is locked up after Jan 10... You're not arguing about the same things. And in any case, we didn't get off the third year of DMC'S contract, so whatever.

But isn't the vet min salary a part of what was owed to DMC for the season - and thus, totally guaranteed to Carroll after Jan 10 per CBA? Or is the amount locked up, but doesn't matter which team page for it, so the team that signs Carrol will cover it thus making it right? That's why I asked, it's a bit confusing.
    Not true. He’s arguing that all the money this year is due to Carroll since it’s past 1/10. My tweet, while referencing another year also described why what he quoted was wrong. Even though it’s after 1/10 a buyout changes the dynamics and a player can be not paid if THEY agree to those terms due to the buyout.

So yes, i asked about year 3, but the answer was also valid for year 1.

Thread Information