Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst ... 3456789 LastLast
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    John Hollinger: Hearing that DeMarre Carroll gave back $761k in Spurs buyout. Will be prorated over the three years of his deal. Spurs have 48 hours to decide whether to stretch remaining $7.36M cap hit evenly over five years, or retain current structure ($6.12M next year, $1.24M in 2020-21) – via Twitter johnhollinger
    Flopovich, what a great deal Gregg

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Flopovich, what a great deal Gregg
    Nah, I heard the Spurs recouped a whopping $811K and change.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Sad thing is we brought in 5 new bodies (3 Rookies, Carroll and Lyles), and only one is a rotational player.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

So yes, i asked about year 3, but the answer was also valid for year 1.

No, it is not. You are mistaken.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    No, it is not. You are mistaken.
    No I am not. So you are saying that the money that Carroll gave up was NOT from the remaining money in this year? Is that your formal statement?

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Brian Wright hasn't shown much of a real ability to be a GM. From what it sounds like, he's taken over more responsibility since the kwahi trade? He's just not done a great job at all.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Thread on reddit about Carroll taking the time to learn the plays .... Screwed up an offensive possession because he didn't know anything.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    That buyout agreement is embarrassing... Dude should have given up at least $2.5 Million more to cover the min next year. Probably the most ashamed I've been of a franchise I root for, and I say that as a longtime Astros fan.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    He’s still got an offset though for what he signs next year. But yeah.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    He’s still got an offset though for what he signs next year. But yeah.
    Set-off only comes into play if he makes more than the min. I imagine he won't. Plus, most buyouts involve teams waiving set-off rights. So it might not matter anyway.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Probably the most ashamed I've been of a franchise I root for.
    Jeez, like it's your money. Signing was a huge miss, so what. In the long run it's meaningless.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Jeez, like it's your money. Signing was a huge miss, so what. In the long run it's meaningless.
    I would be more than embarrassed if it were my money.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    That buyout agreement is embarrassing... Dude should have given up at least $2.5 Million more to cover the min next year. Probably the most ashamed I've been of a franchise I root for, and I say that as a longtime Astros fan.
    Yeah, I figure it means there is more to this story than is told. The PATFO have to have some reason to do him a solid. IMO, the really generous agreement is a bit of an unspoken NDA - he won't talk about him and Pop not "Jelling"...

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Set-off only comes into play if he makes more than the min. I imagine he won't. Plus, most buyouts involve teams waiving set-off rights. So it might not matter anyway.
    I read he did not get his set off rights waived

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I read he did not get his set off rights waived
    That's horrible. It suggests PATFO believes Carroll has legit value and will get a decent-sized deal. Not only is that unlikely AF, but if they believe he has enough value to command that kinda deal, why the is he not good enough to play?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    More like, in theory. In reality, it makes no difference. Celtics, Rockets, Raptors, etc. treat players like meat, yet don't have a public laundry list of player relation problems, while having the media eating out of the palm of their proverbial hand.
    Their All NBA PG just walked out the door.
    Last edited by exstatic; 02-20-2020 at 03:15 PM.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Just bad bad decision, but they have no choice as a sign and trade requires 3 years of contract. Damn how I wish they did nothing during the summer or just sign Trey and call it an off-season, the Spurs probably would be better off.
    People here when they do nothing, so not a damn thing would have changed in this forum.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    That's horrible. It suggests PATFO believes Carroll has legit value and will get a decent-sized deal. Not only is that unlikely AF, but if they believe he has enough value to command that kinda deal, why the is he not good enough to play?
    or trade?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Not everyone runs an offense like SA. There are places where he CAN just run around and be an energy guy on offense, crash the boards, whatever.

You Are Not Worthy ZeusWillJudge's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    This is every bit as bad as some of the horrible moves that Isiah Thomas made with the Knicks. There's no sugar coating this. It's a complete management disaster.

I've said it a couple of times recently - if you were absolutely trying to dismantle an organization, this is what it would look like.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Their All NBA PG just walked out the door.
    But it had nothing to do with the organization and even if it did, one doesn't cons ute a laundry list.

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Lol pathetic stuff. Why don’t they give him a severance package while they’re at it.

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Like Zeus said, their actions suggest they’re trying to self-sabotage but sadly we all know they think they’re doing their best

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    But it had nothing to do with the organization and even if it did, one doesn't cons ute a laundry list.
    Al Horford, an All Star during his time in Boston, walked out the door. Marcus Morris walked out the door. That's 3 rotation players, two of them starters, from last year.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Al Horford, an All Star during his time in Boston, walked out the door. Marcus Morris walked out the door. That's 3 rotation players, two of them starters, from last year.
    Horford left because of dysfunction within' the locker room and I believe they refused to offer him a 4th season, while Morris did because they didn't have the money to re-sign him.

Thread Information