My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The DeMarre Carroll era is over in San Antonio.

The Spurs have agreed to a buyout agreement with the little-used forward, who signed a three-year deal worth nearly $21 million last summer. The 33-year-old Carroll appeared in only 15 games for the Spurs, and had not been used since playing two minutes against Boston on Jan. 8.

He did not travel with the Spurs on the first six games of the rodeo road trip before the All-Star break, as the team tried unsuccessfully to move him in advance of the trade deadline.

With the buyout, Carroll will become an unrestricted free agent. According to an ESPN report, Houston is a top candidate to sign him.

https://www.mysanantonio.com/sports/...l-15063012.php

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Dude looked done but I really hope he becomes a sufficient rotational piece for another team just to expose this dumbass FO/Coach for the frauds they are tbh.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The tyrant is losing control.

Defense Wins Championships Texas_Ranger's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Insert well bye gif

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Does anybody know the specifics of the buyout? Who’s out there to sign for the money he’s leaving. I hope this is not another Gasol-type Spurs-need-to-pay-playing-elsewhere..

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Does anybody know the specifics of the buyout? Who’s out there to sign for the money he’s leaving. I hope this is not another Gasol-type Spurs-need-to-pay-playing-elsewhere..

My Team
    Chicago Bulls
    Post Count
    Stupid signing by FO overpaid for him and now will incur a cap hit for the next 3 seasons. I would have rather signed Melo tbh. Wait that would be to good for Pop and Spurs FO to have Melo to blame for this mess of a season, now they have to suck it up.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Swing and a miss.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The gift that keeps on giving. So incredibly incompetent of PATFO. Maybe some day soon DeMarre will break silence on this bizarre episode.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The gift that keeps on giving. So incredibly incompetent of PATFO. Maybe some day soon DeMarre will break silence on this bizarre episode.
    EDIT: Brain no worky no good.
    Last edited by Dex; 02-17-2020 at 07:34 PM.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Maybe the worst signing in Spurs history tbh. PATFO is clueless per par.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Meanwhile Bertans is tearing it up in Washington.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Yeah, that 6.5M in 2021 is going to hurt considering that was supposed to be when PAFTO was aiming to make a splurge in the market.

But who are we kidding, even if we had cap space, no big names are going to come play with this team as currently constructed.
    You mean this summer? Next summer he will only on the books at 1.35M.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    You mean this summer? Next summer he will only on the books at 1.35M.
    Yeah, that's my bad. Complaint retracted....at least they structured the buyout correctly

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Seemed like a desperation signing from the beginning.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Maybe the worst signing in Spurs history tbh. PATFO is clueless per par.
    Richard Jefferson knocks on the door and gives you a high five. Ayres brings in some chips. Mike Finley can't stay long but wanted to say high real quick. Stephen Jacksons yelling incoherently. Oh wait do I hear the music of the center piece? It's Keith bogans!

Some would say it's progress that the Spurs don't play washed up vets and incompetents!

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Have PATFO done anything right since Timmy retired?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Contract is not that bad.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    If it's true that Carroll couldn't learn the plays maybe it's not all on Pop.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    If it's true that Carroll couldn't learn the plays maybe it's not all on Pop.
    Sorry man, Carroll has played 13 years in the NBA already. No system can be that complicated for a vet of his tenure. And if it is, in fact, that tough to grasp, what the is Pop doing running a system so complicated that a 13 year vet can’t squeeze 20 minutes out in a season? Not to mention, Derozan is not the sharpest tool in the basketball shed. Dude has an insanely low basketball ball IQ and he plays all the time.

But who knows, maybe its so tough that even team USA couldn’t figure it out. So at what point is it the coaches fault for not adjusting? What’s the point of a system so complicated, your team looks like every night? If it is that complicated, that doesn’t make Pop look any better. It makes him look even more like an out of touch narcissist.

Dammit Pop, just go away already. I can’t take these excuses anymore.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Sorry man, Carroll has played 13 years in the NBA already. No system can be that complicated for a vet of his tenure. And if it is, in fact, that tough to grasp, what the is Pop doing running a system so complicated that a 13 year vet can’t squeeze 20 minutes out in a season? Not to mention, Derozan is not the sharpest tool in the basketball shed. Dude has an insanely low basketball ball IQ and he plays all the time.

But who knows, maybe its so tough that even team USA couldn’t figure it out. So at what point is it the coaches fault for not adjusting? What’s the point of a system so complicated, your team looks like every night? If it is that complicated, that doesn’t make Pop look any better. It makes him look even more like an out of touch narcissist.

Dammit Pop, just go away already. I can’t take these excuses anymore.
    I just haven't seen the Spurs ever bail on a $15MM investment like that, so I'm searching for meaning.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Yeah this is getting crazy someone has to take responsibility this summer and a new course of action needs to be taken. Pop it was good as it lasted but it’s time for to take that long walk Into the void. No player is going to want to come or stay with the Spurs if he is still coaching just not going to happen.

We need new energy a young cat that can relate to the young players but yet someone who has a vision and is a hard worker. When I watch this team they are just going through the motions no joy or love for the game Poop has sucked it all out of them.

Thread Information