Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    My Team
    Toronto Raptors
    Post Count
    so... is a buyout when a player and a team agree to x amount of money to be paid? or is guaranteed money guaranteed money?

did the spurs negotiate for a fraction of the $ in the contract or does demarre get it all?

My Team
    Toronto Raptors
    Post Count
    not sure if posted already but it's the first i'm seeing it:

“Another opportunity will come for me,” said Carroll, 33. “San Antonio, I don’t know where (it went wrong), what happened, what the hiccup was. But, at the end of the day, I am totally healthy. I work out every day, twice a day. When that opportunity comes, I will be ready to take advantage of it.”

“I don’t know what went wrong, what happened,” Carroll said. “I felt like San Antonio was going to be a great place for me, for my talents, but it didn’t work out.”

“Coach Pop is a great individual to me,” Carroll said. “Outside of basketball, we talk about family, all kinds of stuff. But with the basketball thing, we just didn’t jell.”

weird...

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Wonder if we see a Bellini buyout soon too
    You're more likely to see a beli extension than you are a beli buyout...patfo are TRASH.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The small forward situation in San Antonio has become like the Defense against the Dark Arts situation at Hogwarts

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The small forward situation in San Antonio has become like the Defense against the Dark Arts situation at Hogwarts
    ...or the drummer for Spïnal Täp.

tv screen baseline bum sananspursfan21's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    So now at free agent meetings....

Pop: “look, we’ll play you, I promise” *fingers crossed behind back*

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The younger Holts will look at the financials for the next three years and see $10MM of pure flushed money. I don't know who can make a sound decision over there now. The Holts must look hard at the people currently running the Spurs basketball operations. Will they actually fire Pop or RC? No. Will Pop read the tea leaves and get moved into another role? Maybe. Still, I don't think the current "GM" Wright has done anything that would make him worthy of keeping his job. RC Buford needs to get back to focusing on the Spurs BASKETBALL operation and not the SSE business side.

What a mess. I don't think Pop will be back as coach next year. I'm now concerned that a good replacement will not be found given the FO moves of the last 2 years.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The younger Holts will look at the financials for the next three years and see $10MM of pure flushed money. I don't know who can make a sound decision over there now. The Holts must look hard at the people currently running the Spurs basketball operations. Will they actually fire Pop or RC? No. Will Pop read the tea leaves and get moved into another role? Maybe. Still, I don't think the current "GM" Wright has done anything that would make him worthy of keeping his job. RC Buford needs to get back to focusing on the Spurs BASKETBALL operation and not the SSE business side.

What a mess. I don't think Pop will be back as coach next year. I'm now concerned that a good replacement will not be found given the FO moves of the last 2 years.
    When Sixers fail, I can see Brown mutually moving on, especially if Spurs HC is available.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    When Sixers fail, I can see Brown mutually moving on, especially if Spurs HC is available.
    I'd take Brown in a heartbeat right now

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    so... is a buyout when a player and a team agree to x amount of money to be paid? or is guaranteed money guaranteed money?

did the spurs negotiate for a fraction of the $ in the contract or does demarre get it all?
    Buyout is where the team and player agree to alter the guaranteed money left on the contract in exchange for that player's release. Pau gave up part of his guarantee last year to get out (about $2.5 Million, IIRC). Hopefully Carroll gave up more.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Can we buyout Pop?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Can we buyout Pop?
    Time for a diff pic

Still Sporting Ben Davis Allan Rowe vs Wade's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    old but context on dead money:
    https://www.hoopsrumors.com/2019/08/...ead-money.html

Here’s the full list of 2019/20 dead money by team, as of August 26, starting with those Bucks:

Milwaukee Bucks: $8,041,952
    New York Knicks: $6,431,667
    Orlando Magic: $5,906,667
    Miami Heat: $5,664,671
    Memphis Grizzlies: $5,498,511
    Note: This is an estimate based on Dwight Howard‘s reported buyout and the assumption that the Grizzlies aren’t stretching his cap hit.
    Brooklyn Nets: $5,474,787
    Detroit Pistons: $5,331,729
    Portland Trail Blazers: $5,091,108
    San Antonio Spurs: $5,074,856
    Los Angeles Lakers: $5,000,000
    Phoenix Suns: $3,440,000
    Indiana Pacers: $2,245,400
    Sacramento Kings: $2,133,541
    Oklahoma City Thunder: $1,736,267
    Cleveland Cavaliers: $1,456,667
    Boston Celtics: $1,131,937
    Toronto Raptors: $1,000,000
    Washington Wizards: $1,000,000
    Dallas Mavericks: $708,426
    Minnesota Timberwolves: $685,340
    Golden State Warriors: $666,667
    Houston Rockets: $122,741
    Atlanta Hawks: $100,000
    Charlotte Hornets: $0
    Chicago Bulls: $0
    Denver Nuggets: $0
    Los Angeles Clippers: $0
    New Orleans Pelicans: $0
    Philadelphia 76ers: $0
    Utah Jazz: $0

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    As much as pop hates trump hes taking a page out his book and having all these players sign NDAs so we stay in dark
    The contacts are CBA collective bargaining approved. I'm pretty sure NDA is not allowed. The word you want is omerta.

The Holt's have to pay a minimum salary. They don't save money on salary, they just have less to make a roster which is fine if we tank, less fine if they try and salvage a playoffs team.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

He can‘t be worse than Flopovich

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    No. The Swag will never be forgotten.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Carrol sucks anyways, he had a decent season last season just because he was a vet on a young team but he doesn’t deserve minutes ahead of Demar, Rudy, or Lonnie, even Marco lol

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Carrol sucks anyways, he had a decent season last season just because he was a vet on a young team but he doesn’t deserve minutes ahead of Demar, Rudy, or Lonnie, even Marco lol
    Stipulate that.
    Why in the world sign a player to a three year contract who sucks.
    That is the question for poop.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Stipulate that.
    Why in the world sign a player to a three year contract who sucks.
    That is the question for poop.
    this

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Officially waived per Jeff Garcia

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I'd take Brown in a heartbeat right now
    Gross. Dude had draft pick after draft pick and couldn't even make it to the L'Eastern Conference Finals.

No. Just ing no.

Philly fans are ready to ride him to the airport. No. No. No.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Our FO is not shining these last two/three years. From the outside looking in, Spurs management sure is screaming out for new blood. It's been an amazing run, but this team is in need of an overhaul.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    what is swag in life? to get millions of dollars for doing nothing then go to a contender and ring up. would be pretty funny echo of the kawhi saga - abridged and with style

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    analogy of the year!

half man half amazing
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Gross. Dude had draft pick after draft pick and couldn't even make it to the L'Eastern Conference Finals.

No. Just ing no.

Philly fans are ready to ride him to the airport. No. No. No.
    Philly fans are stupid. The sixers front office is really bad. Just one example: they way overpaid Tobias Harris and gave up useful assets for the right to do so. I won't even mention the ridiculous Horford contract, or the assets wasted for a short term rental of Butler. Now Brown is forced to start 3 centers - embiid, Simmons, and Horford. The roster is a complete mess.

Thread Information