Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    ownership thinks this is a playoff team? LMAO PAFTO is literally a casual fan thinking patty mils is a good player lol
    Eh, this team should have made the playoffs. IMO, Pop has really ed this season. And I'm one of the ones here who considers him the GOAT.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    This is probably the apoptosis of the Spurs. Kawhi leaving was just the team dealing with being a small market in the modern era. This failure by both RC and and Pop is just scary. It's like getting a call that your elderly parent took the wrong bus on the way home and was found wandering confused two states away. Just bonkers.
    On the bright side, it sounds like ownership is going to be more ready than ever to move on.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The edgelords have been crying for decades TBH. They would stop long enough to cheer a championship, and then were right back at it the next day.

Blind squirrels find nuts occasionally too. If you constantly about something for years you don't get to say I told you so when it finally happens after being wrong forever. Well I mean, you can, but no one other than the edgelords will care.

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    https://www.reddit.com/r/NBASpurs/co...m_source=share

Ouch. Completely forgot about this.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    On the bright side, it sounds like ownership is going to be more ready than ever to move on.
    I hope Pop coaches this team as long he wants (a long time).

If ownership moves on, then Bud would be the obvious choice.

Two things would have to happen: (1) Pop gets shown the door and (2) the Greek leaves Milwaukee this summer.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The Gasol move was really bad, but this is ultimately worse. This one makes no sense, and ultimately will be lumped with the Bertans trade and Morris as one whole show. I don't know how anyone could defend this. This is pretty much the opposite of what the Spurs front office did for years. This is the flushing of MLE money down the toilet along with Bertans.

I really wonder WHY this happened. I'm sure we're going to see Carroll go on to play somewhere and be a serviceable player. While we're trotting out Forbes for 30 minutes a game, this legit makes no sense.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    carroll never passed the eye test for me. maybe he gets more PT with the rockets but the rockets are grasping for straws.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    lol yeah that’s bad.

but I’m sure they weren’t all bad, right?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The edgelords have been crying for decades TBH. They would stop long enough to cheer a championship, and then were right back at it the next day.

Blind squirrels find nuts occasionally too. If you constantly about something for years you don't get to say I told you so when it finally happens after being wrong forever. Well I mean, you can, but no one other than the edgelords will care.
    So then I am safe ? I was a sniffer for a long time but they finally broke me this past 2 seasons.

Dejounte, White & THE IV Truth4sale$'s Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    A stupid signing by the Spurs from the beginning. Probably the 2nd worse decision by Spurs management, the 1st is trading Kawhi for DeRozan, and pieces. Shows how the Spurs are stuck and confused; are they rebuilding or pushing thru with role players masquerading as stars??? The Spurs needed a big young defensive wing and could have rejuvenated Stanley Johnson in the gleague for half the price. Now the Spurs are slowly becoming the Detroit Pistons, a team in confused transition.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    So then I am safe ? I was a sniffer for a long time but they finally broke me this past 2 seasons.
    Yeah you're not one of the constant ones. You are fair.

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Yeah I try to stay objective about the front office but damn just this years moves have been horrible.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    damn maybe he really did have trouble learning the plays

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Yeah I try to stay objective about the front office but damn just this years moves have been horrible.
    It’s been tough. It started pre Kawhi departure but when a player that great masks things it makes it silly to whine that much big picture. But post Kawhi they got rocked and have not helped themselves at all.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Gross. Dude had draft pick after draft pick and couldn't even make it to the L'Eastern Conference Finals.

No. Just ing no.

Philly fans are ready to ride him to the airport. No. No. No.
    Ok...so you'd rather keep pop...got it..

Philly will fire him in the offseason though and he should be ready to move on...he's a good but not great coach. He wasn't the one putting that mis-mashed roster together though...

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Which is why I laugh at them. They have no credibility.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I understand the criticism of the FO, but put Danny & Kawhi on this team last year and the Spurs likely ring so the FO hadn't done that terrible of a job tbqh. They had been building anticipating Leonard to be here for the long haul. Now its still obvious they had started to get lazy and Pop has obviosly lost the fire but losing Kawhi is what made this thing spiral out of control and losing the best player on the planet like they did would probably do this to every franchise. Definitely time for these guys to move on though.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Raptors doing pretty well without Leonard. There is a fire loss by Pop. What ever little flame was still there was washed out by Morris back stab.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Raptors doing pretty well without Leonard. There is a fire loss by Pop. What ever little flame was still there was washed out by Morris back stab.
    Raptors without Leonard is still a more talented team than what the Spurs have.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    It’s been tough. It started pre Kawhi departure but when a player that great masks things it makes it silly to whine that much big picture. But post Kawhi they got rocked and have not helped themselves at all.
    There's no defending them right now. The past 2-3 years have been bad. Its time for a change and there's no arguing otherwise.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Based on?

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Pop is not a good coach
    He is a very old bitter sex starved old man[/QUOTE]Last time I checked Forbes was still on the team.

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Get rid of them all.
    Move Duncan to head coach, bring Parker in as GM and Ginobili as head of scouting.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    https://www.spurstalk.com/demarre-ca...-debacle-woes/

tl;dr: Strange times we're living in, Spurs fans. This whole situation doesn't make sense, tbh.
    Didn't Ron Mercer's time in San Antonio end in a similar fashion?

Wonder if the team signs some SF's from the G-League as 10 - day fodder or another veteran off the scrap heap?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I understand the criticism of the FO, but put Danny & Kawhi on this team last year and the Spurs likely ring so the FO hadn't done that terrible of a job tbqh. They had been building anticipating Leonard to be here for the long haul. Now its still obvious they had started to get lazy and Pop has obviosly lost the fire but losing Kawhi is what made this thing spiral out of control and losing the best player on the planet like they did would probably do this to every franchise. Definitely time for these guys to move on though.
    The Spurs were going to trade Green no matter what. It might have been Green and Murray and 18 for Kemba or Green, Murray, Gasol and 18 for DeRozan, but Danny was the guy Pop considered to be the most expendable player on the team that had trade value. It's true that the Spurs have an outside chance at a le if you swap DeRozan and Poeltl for Leonard last year. But that would have just covered up the bad roster moves made around that, including making whichever over-payment on the "third star" the team was going to do regardless. I can see the reasoning behind most of the big moves like Pau's new deal, Mills' big contract and signing Beli. But they were still bad moves that shouldn't have been made and were simply exposed by not having another HoF talent to lean on.

Thread Information