Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Can't search for where this was brought up but started it last night and watched Episodes 1-6.
    Really enjoying it. Read the book a while back and I think this is as good or better.

8/10 so far. Some might find it slow but I think it moves on well enough and the cast is great.

I cannot grok its fullnes leemajors's Avatar
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    Texas Longhorns
    Can't search for where this was brought up but started it last night and watched Episodes 1-6.
    Really enjoying it. Read the book a while back and I think this is as good or better.

8/10 so far. Some might find it slow but I think it moves on well enough and the cast is great.
    Yeah I am really enjoying it, but I think I liked the location of the book better and some of the plot elements because of the location. I also like any mention of ka. But I am surprised how good the adaptation is.

Believe.
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Didn't read the books but dreadlock girl put me off the series,annoying ass character

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Didn't read the books but dreadlock girl put me off the series,annoying ass character
    lol. "dreadlock" girl.

Anyway, I think she's pretty great for the role.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    Texas Longhorns
    lol. "dreadlock" girl.

Anyway, I think she's pretty great for the role.
    Yeah the actress great, I forgot Holly was in this and her character from Mr Mercedes is excellent

Veteran
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Just got caught up on this last night. Sometimes a bit slow but very good. Kind of a true detective meets supernatural show

6X ST MVP
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    Iowa Hawkeyes
    I watched the first five minutes only so far. But given that it's Jason Bateman, I'll be finishing the season whenever I get around to it.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Just got caught up on this last night. Sometimes a bit slow but very good. Kind of a true detective meets supernatural show
    I thought the exact same thing for the first few episodes. Felt like True Detective. Something about the cinematography and score. Ominous.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    I watched the first five minutes only so far. But given that it's Jason Bateman, I'll be finishing the season whenever I get around to it.
    lol

Veteran
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    If that lol is for the reason I think then

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    Louisville Cardinals

The first 4 or 5 episodes were good. I have started losing interest down the stretch though

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs

The first 4 or 5 episodes were good. I have started losing interest down the stretch though
    It has gotten slower but I'm still enjoying it. Only a couple more episodes left.

6X ST MVP
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    Iowa Hawkeyes
    Didn't mean it as a dis. I actually like Jason Bateman. But this show just seems so generic from the little I've seen. I haven't been able to get into it yet.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Didn't mean it as a dis. I actually like Jason Bateman. But this show just seems so generic from the little I've seen. I haven't been able to get into it yet.
    I like Bateman as well. He’s fantastic in this. Like Ozark and the Gift, etc., he’s perfect as the normal dad/husband where something goes very wrong. He directed one or two of the episodes as well.

6X ST MVP
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    Iowa Hawkeyes
    I like Bateman as well. He’s fantastic in this. Like Ozark and the Gift, etc., he’s perfect as the normal dad/husband where something goes very wrong. He directed one or two of the episodes as well.
    True. I'm not feeling the detective. Seems like a miss on casting. He's the pivotal character; and he just seems like a schmuck to me.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    True. I'm not feeling the detective. Seems like a miss on casting. He's the pivotal character; and he just seems like a schmuck to me.
    I think he’s all right. Nothing special. He was good as Danny in Bloodlines.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    THIS.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    Texas Longhorns
    The 9th episode was great and the finale preview also looks good. I don't think Holly is annoying at all. The cop and his wife are way more annoying.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    The 9th episode was great and the finale preview also looks good. I don't think Holly is annoying at all. The cop and his wife are way more annoying.
    His wife for sure. I've never liked that actress. Mare Winningham.

Veteran
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    I fell asleep pretty quick tbh. Was it boring or was I just tired?

6X ST MVP
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    Iowa Hawkeyes
    He's fairly mediocre. And this tough guy cop stuff is a bit cringey at times. There was one scene with him and some old relative or friend lady in which he was just being 'vulnerable' and the over-acting was really bad.

Veteran
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    Denver Nuggets
    We really enjoyed this and I personally think Ben Mendohlson was, as usual, phenomenal in the role. The last scene he was in with his wife where he sort of laughed and cried at the same time was some incredible acting.

As for the plot....very typical Stephen king, but I thought it was pretty damn good. My prediction if there is a season 2 is that.....spoilers ahead..... the Holly in the post credits scene is the actual Holly and for quite some time now we’ve been watching another Cuco (or something). Logic goes that she was listening to music (which she says she hated earlier in the season), she sees that dude in the mirror (meaning Cuco is in her head), she googles the Terry Maitland case as though she wasn’t sure about it at all, and earlier in the cave, the Cuco version actually asks “who’s Terry”. Plus she had a cut on her arm.

My thoughts anyway....most likely wrong, but never know.

Veteran
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Started watching last night. Strong start.

I expect a dip in storytelling later on as usual but as long as is not in Westword season 2 proportion, I'll enjoy it.

Still Hates Small Ball Spurminator's Avatar
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Typical Stephen King. Compelling premise that sucks you in, pretty good ride until the third act when it all falls apart.

6X ST MVP
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    Iowa Hawkeyes
    I'm halfway through episode 9. It got really good there for a few episodes. Now it feels like it's going to get dragged out from here.

Thread Information