My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    LeBron says he would be irate if he had been denied a World Series championship by the Astros cheating.
    If you feel that bad, quit denying other teams an NBA Championship with 10 traveling violations a game.

what uganda do about it? Joseph Kony's Avatar
    My Team
    Seattle Supersonics
    Post Count
    tf does this have to do with the Spurs

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    which one of you fat s are Asterisks fans?

Garbage ass fanbase

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    LeRoid plays basketball against the spuds tbh.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Love how he feels he has to comment on everything in society like he’s some kind of demigod

Forum Official Personal Life Coach BacktoBasics's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    This is why baseball is dead. We’re talking about sign stealing. Not real cheating. There should be zero conversations about signs in 2020. Why are they even using signs at all? MLB should allow a communication device to exchange calls. Technology has passed up this stupidity years ago. Only ones to blame are MLB. This isn’t ing 1947

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Le

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    How about stealing players under contract with other teams?

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    How about joining other all Stars to stack the deck against the other teams?.....screw that fool

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    How about stealing players under contract with other teams?

Yeah man, LeBron is constantly manipulating teams / players through his agency.

I move before many times, there’s got to be a rule in place that while you are playing, you cannot be an owner / partner of a sports agency for YOUR sport. It’s a conflict of interest, insider trading, etc. issue. It’s too easy to pull too many strings behind the scenes.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    this mf.. He has something to say about EVERYTHING except communist China

Board Man Comes Home Clipper Nation's Avatar
    My Team
    Los Angeles Clippers
    Post Count
    This is why baseball is dead. We’re talking about sign stealing. Not real cheating. There should be zero conversations about signs in 2020. Why are they even using signs at all? MLB should allow a communication device to exchange calls. Technology has passed up this stupidity years ago. Only ones to blame are MLB. This isn’t ing 1947
    Using your own wits to steal signs isn't a huge scandal. Using technology to steal signs, like the Astros did, is the problem. Think of it as the difference between sneaking a peek at someone's paper during a test and downloading the answer key to the whole test from the teacher's computer.

What the Astros did made every game they played in a farce because they didn't just have players catching on to a few signs here and there. They had their front office systematically stealing everyone in the league's signs so they always knew which pitch was coming. Anyone in the big leagues would look good with a massive advantage like that.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Proxy for Magic, probably.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    He's lucky China doesn't own an MLB team or else he wouldn't say . Also remember when LeRoids lost 30 lbs the summer before the league started testing for HGH? The bas couldn't even dunk anymore so he went on a "sabbatical" in Miami and got the newest strain of HGH and low and behold he came back at MVP level. He's about the last person I want to hear from on cheating.

Forum Official Personal Life Coach BacktoBasics's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Using your own wits to steal signs isn't a huge scandal. Using technology to steal signs, like the Astros did, is the problem. Think of it as the difference between sneaking a peek at someone's paper during a test and downloading the answer key to the whole test from the teacher's computer.

What the Astros did made every game they played in a farce because they didn't just have players catching on to a few signs here and there. They had their front office systematically stealing everyone in the league's signs so they always knew which pitch was coming. Anyone in the big leagues would look good with a massive advantage like that.
    look I get your analogy. Its a sensible response from a purist type perspective. I understand where you’re coming from but it’s an antiquated system in modern times.

I’ll even go a step further and suggest that MLB state clearly that sign stealing isn’t against the rules and protecting your signals should be the sole responsibility of each club. Let it fall on the teams to ensure their own security.

...and like I said MLB should support in ear monitoring devices.

We should be miles and miles past these debates.

Board Man Comes Home Clipper Nation's Avatar
    My Team
    Los Angeles Clippers
    Post Count
    look I get your analogy. Its a sensible response from a purist type perspective. I understand where you’re coming from but it’s an antiquated system in modern times.

I’ll even go a step further and suggest that MLB state clearly that sign stealing isn’t against the rules and protecting your signals should be the sole responsibility of each club. Let it fall on the teams to ensure their own security.

...and like I said MLB should support in ear monitoring devices.

We should be miles and miles past these debates.
    The Patriots' cheating scandals are proof that using technology doesn't deter cheating. It's not like communication devices can't be messed with by teams trying to cheat.

As for the MLB's rules: they've made a clear distinction between using your own wits to steal signs (legal) and using technology to steal signs (not allowed). This is why the Red Sox got in trouble for using an Apple Watch to cheat and the Astros got punished for their shenanigans, but normal sign stealing is just shrugged off as part of the game.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    this mf.. He has something to say about EVERYTHING except communist China
    Astros fans don't buy his gear or sign his checks

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Astros fans don't buy his gear or sign his checks
    Exactly

6X ST MVP
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

tv screen baseline bum sananspursfan21's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    In the NFL, the coaches cover their mouths with their clipboards as an attempt to keep the other side from lip reading. So in other words, lip reading is fair game if you can do it in the NFL. If they’re so worried about sign stealing, figure out an alternative or a better way to cover it. There, problem solved. Now let’s all go back to not caring about the MLB. This is a Spurs forum for Pete’s sake

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    He's lucky China doesn't own an MLB team or else he wouldn't say . Also remember when LeRoids lost 30 lbs the summer before the league started testing for HGH? The bas couldn't even dunk anymore so he went on a "sabbatical" in Miami and got the newest strain of HGH and low and behold he came back at MVP level. He's about the last person I want to hear from on cheating.
    facts

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    at people who waste their time watching 250, 5 hour long fatball games

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Love how he feels he has to comment on everything in society like he’s some kind of demigod
    He and Bono should start a band.

Although he does have a point....and I'm a 'Stros fan. They are changing their names to the Houston Assholes.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Darn near word for word what I had bouncing around in my noggin. I couldn't agree more.

Thread Information