Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Pop tried to neuter a "young" Manu.. and Manu told Pop to sit the down, trust him, and let him do what he does. In return he did tone down some of the behind the back dribble into a behind the back pass when the team is down and trying to mount a comeback, but the difference between these two types of player couldn't be further apart. One of these youngsters is gonna have to grow some balls, be assertive, and chill w/ the veiled shots on IG and challenge Pop's vision through their play on the court.

For DJ to passive aggressively say he hasn't had opportunity is beta as , he's full of for that.
    Manu was 25, and a Euroleague Finals MVP and champion when he arrived here. Not the same at all.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Stop posting bull on IG and show your worth on the court when you do get the chance.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I don’t even think Pop knows what Instagram is tbh. He’s all about that FFFL (Forbes Fan For Life)

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I don't put much weight into social media, but this is a light shot at Pop.

The key word, opportunity.

Who is ultimately in charge of who plays, who gets pulled, etc?

The frustration in the locker room is probably at an all time high. The younger players with more to lose are usually the ones who keep quiet, especially in SA.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    A lot of boomers in here

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I'm wondering if there isn't something going on with DeRozan. I found it very odd that he didn't travel with the team on the last two RRT games. The reason that his USC jersey was being retired seemed odd to me. USC would have scheduled that any time DD wanted, and there was a LONG break starting a few days later. Would DD have left the team if they were battling for a playoff seed? Are they exploring a buyout because DD wants to move on? That would be the opportunity that is being spoken of.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I'm wondering if there isn't something going on with DeRozan. I found it very odd that he didn't travel with the team on the last two RRT games. The reason that his USC jersey was being retired seemed odd to me. USC would have scheduled that any time DD wanted, and there was a LONG break starting a few days later. Would DD have left the team if they were battling for a playoff seed? Are they exploring a buyout because DD wants to move on? That would be the opportunity that is being spoken of.
    When would that money come off the books?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Manu was 25, and a Euroleague Finals MVP and champion when he arrived here. Not the same at all.
    Come on guy, nobody is trying to compare the pedigree.. I'm comparing young players standing up to Pop. Manu was 25 in the big boys league and controlled his own destiny as a rookie. The Spurs young guys are already 2nd, 3rd year using passive aggression to make themselves feel better about their careers instead of challenging DeMar or LMA for their roles

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    ST code breakers are in high gear now.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    That would be an admission of failure on a scale that I cannot imagine.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    That would be an admission of failure on a scale that I cannot imagine.
    Why? Did you think we were going to upgrade by trading him? Wouldn't it be better to get almost two years out of him, then make a clean cut, and go with the youngsters? Apparently, the offers for him were at the deadline, and we don't need any more of that. I'm not looking to get something less than DeRozan for DeRozan. Just move on, if that's what this is.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Why? Did you think we were going to upgrade by trading him? Wouldn't it be better to get almost two years out of him, then make a clean cut, and go with the youngsters? Apparently, the offers for him were at the deadline, and we don't need any more of that. I'm not looking to get something less than DeRozan for DeRozan. Just move on, if that's what this is.
    as in relative to what they gave up and his standing as a pseudo star. He'll still fetch a decent asset though, which is obviously better than nothing.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Perhaps you have a real grapevine. I have no idea what (if any) offers the Spurs received for Dumbmar. Just looking at the deals that were made at the deadline, I find it difficult to believe we did not receive some reasonable offer. (I admit that we might disagree about what a "reasonable" offer might be.) But in the end, it seems like letting the centerpiece of the Number 2 deal just walk would be an admission of failure. What you are suggesting is that the Spurs could do better in free agency than they could've done in trading Dumbmar. That seems questionable to me.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Perhaps you have a real grapevine. I have no idea what (if any) offers the Spurs received for Dumbmar. Just looking at the deals that were made at the deadline, I find it difficult to believe we did not receive some reasonable offer. (I admit that we might disagree about what a "reasonable" offer might be.) But in the end, it seems like letting the centerpiece of the Number 2 deal just walk would be an admission of failure. What you are suggesting is that the Spurs could do better in free agency than they could've done in trading Dumbmar. That seems questionable to me.
    No, I'm suggesting go with the youngsters. They had 1.5 great games without DD, and I look at the 23 point second half lead loss as a learning curve.

Free agency is and always will be a crap shoot with this team. , in 2003, fresh off of a LoB, we were spurned by both Kidd and Jermaine O'Neal, and that was with Tim, Tony, and Manu on board, and the team still on a growth curve. I think some of our kids could be quite good, and I'd rather go back into the mode of paying our own FAs than to get continually degrading assets by flipping DD, and maybe risk losing some young assets in the process.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Agree with this.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Cavs players appear to have ousted coach John Beilein.
    Altho their reasons seem to have been being butthurt snowflakes who then got vindictive, it still shows what players can do.

He told them they were playing like "thugs". They then went on a huge butthurt parade, playing wrap *thug* songs within earshot of him.
    Boy they sure showed him.

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Lol men having ig accounts. Notmyspurs

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    No, I'm suggesting go with the youngsters. They had 1.5 great games without DD, and I look at the 23 point second half lead loss as a learning curve.

Free agency is and always will be a crap shoot with this team. , in 2003, fresh off of a LoB, we were spurned by both Kidd and Jermaine O'Neal, and that was with Tim, Tony, and Manu on board, and the team still on a growth curve. I think some of our kids could be quite good, and I'd rather go back into the mode of paying our own FAs than to get continually degrading assets by flipping DD, and maybe risk losing some young assets in the process.
    I don't assume that anything we might have gotten in return for Dumbmar would have been a degrading asset. And precisely because I believe free agency will always be a crap shoot with the Spurs, I think we should have made a deal for Dumbmar. I agree that we need to just ride the young guys the remainder of the year and see what we have. I even tend to agree with your assessment of the 23-poiint learning curve.

But we still need some players. FA is a crapshoot, the draft may be, as well. But at best it is only going to add another young prospect. You can't fill out a roster with guys on the same career/contract/learning curve. You need a mix. That leaves trades as the only other avenue to acquire talent and fill out a roster. Letting Dumbmar walk - or worse, paying him to walk - seems like incompetent asset management to me.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    He hasn't been that good tbh. Not sure why people would be excited to see a stat line of 30mins 7pts 3rb 0ast 4to

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    A lot of boomers in here
    Lot of grown men watching nba...

Tim to Tony to Manu! bdictjames's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Part of me thinks he was talking about DeMar and Lamarcus.

Either way, DJ shouldn't be making these posts. He is a public figure, and he should hold himself to that standard.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Lot of grown men watching nba...

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Lol men having ig accounts. Notmyspurs
    LOL being so fragile and insecure in your masculinity you project it to what social media accounts you have.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    We would be better by trading him...just like everyone thought the thunder would be worse when they traded their two stars

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Welp, nice knowing you Murray. I expect to see more Mills the rest of the season once this gets to Pop smh.

Thread Information