Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast
    Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Based off your posts. I’ve played but never coached. But I don’t even need to have done that to lump you in with all of the other triggered Trump s that think they have even a fraction of Pop’s understanding of the game. So there’s that.
    This same dude got butt hurt when I asked him has he ever played or coached the game but then he turns around and does it.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Based off your posts. I’ve played but never coached. But I don’t even need to have done that to lump you in with all of the other triggered Trump s that think they have even a fraction of Pop’s understanding of the game. So there’s that.
    Troll. Sad little angry troll. And you don’t even know what my politics are.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Troll. Sad little angry troll. And you don’t even know what my politics are.
    No anger, sadness or trolling. Just calling it how I see it. You’re not the only one here that froths at the mouth when hating on Pop. It’s pretty apparent it’s about more than basketball.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Without Tim Duncan poop is not really all that and some could say he is a drunk demented old fool.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Midrange shots are not sustainable. Like, you can shoot around 50 percent if you get a lot of open ones, but without being able to drive and being reluctant to shoot threes, teams will eventually start playing for the jumper. Murray's gonna be inconsistent until he gets a better shot-selection. Walker too needs to make more threes rather than long-twos. Those are important shots to take to keep a defense honest, but they aren't bread-and-butter spots anymore. Lonnie has a good shooting form. He really should be coming off screens and letting it fly.
    No one even defends the mid range any more. It's a ing buffet, if you have the game to take advantage.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    No one even defends the mid range any more. It's a ing buffet, if you have the game to take advantage.
    People don't defend it in lieu of the better shots. Teams will defend it if a guy only shoots from there. That's just common sense.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    People don't defend it in lieu of the better shots. Teams will defend it if a guy only shoots from there. That's just common sense.
    No it's not. If 28 other teams shoot ONLY outside the arc and at the rim, you're not going to change your whole defensive concept for one team that is not a very good team. DD feasts in the mid range, and really only gets in trouble when he gets too deep into the paint. Dejounte is also pretty elite in the mid range. He's just deadly coming off of a pick, or leveling someone off with a crossover.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    exactly! Some of the best scorers in the league today are great midrange shooters, like Kawhi and Westbrook.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    No it's not. If 28 other teams shoot ONLY outside the arc and at the rim, you're not going to change your whole defensive concept for one team that is not a very good team. DD feasts in the mid range, and really only gets in trouble when he gets too deep into the paint. Dejounte is also pretty elite in the mid range. He's just deadly coming off of a pick, or leveling someone off with a crossover.
    Yes, it is. Teams scout players and try to take away what they do well. They don't just defend everyone the same way.

DeRozan is actually very good at the rim and a mid-40s midrange shooter outside 10 feet. He takes a sizeable chunk there, but it's not the best part of his game. Murray is indeed having a more efficient year from midrange (and indeed is tops on the team for guys taking more than 10 percent of their attempts from 10-16} , but he's still in high 40s in overall long-twos which is not efficient enough to build a game around. That's why he's 10th on the team in TS%. Being a strong midrange shooter gives you a good change-up, not a good foundation in today's league.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Instead of takeover he should be talking turnover.

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Hes not even a good college player. Transition hero.... no half court game

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    No anger, sadness or trolling. Just calling it how I see it. You’re not the only one here that froths at the mouth when hating on Pop. It’s pretty apparent it’s about more than basketball.
    It’s a very ignorant thing to say that everyone who thinks pop isn’t a good coach right now voted for Trump. That’s got to be ST all-time stupid stuff there.

I want a good coach and that’s what most of us want.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    It’s a very ignorant thing to say that everyone who thinks pop isn’t a good coach right now voted for Trump. That’s got to be ST all-time stupid stuff there.

Pops a great coach; even great coaches need the horses. We will be fine; just need some players to leave ( gay,DeRozan, Aldridge )

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Lol. If you believe that the coaching staff is the problem on this year’s team, I bet you believe that climate change is a hoax. Both based on bad data. Why are you so ashamed of your orange Jesus?

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Wait. People here voted for trump?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    yeah and I'm voting for him again

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Do record unemployment for minorities, prison reform, and a great economy bother you?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Do record unemployment for minorities, prison reform, and a great economy bother you?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    now post all the record highs and swings the other way my pre corona virus retirement accounts have been the best they’ve ever been and will get even better after re-election. I pay less in taxes too. Winning indeed

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Sounds nice . . . too bad he's not nearly talented enough to back up his words. Still can't dribble, make all but the most basic reads/plays for others or take/make the most profitable shots with volume.

If this were 10+ years ago, it'd be nice that his mid range pullup has significantly improved. Now, it's low handing fruit. It's what the defense wants the offense to take because even when done so efficiently, it still yields a low points per possession overall. It's needed in the aresenal of a ball handler, but as a fallback; not a base.

Still, it's become increasingly clear that him and Walker are frustrated with their current predicament. Typical noise from young players or the latest sign of certain players wanting no part of this organization?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Lol. If you believe that the coaching staff is the problem on this year’s team, I bet you believe that climate change is a hoax. Both based on bad data. Why are you so ashamed of your orange Jesus?
    Yes, I absolutely believe pop is the problem...100%. As do most spurs fans.

You clearly don’t read any of my posts. I don’t post about politics and have never mentioned pops politics in my posts. I’m curious as to why you think I’m an “orange Jesus” fan? Mainly because you have nothing to base that on.

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    He is just so bad off the ball but his iq and pg skills are so low.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    DJ played with energy tonight and took up some of the scoring load with LMA out. He's never going to run an offense better than White does, but his scoring game is progressing rapidly, I really like his shot. If the Spurs want a chance to start White at PG and DJ at SG with Lonnie at the 3 in the near future, Dejounte's got to be willing to let it fly. Also not a coincidence Lonnie suddenly wasn't bottom 3 in MPG tonight - can't wait for him and DJ to be neutered back next game.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    DJ played with energy tonight and took up some of the scoring load with LMA out. He's never going to run an offense better than White does, but his scoring game is progressing rapidly, I really like his shot. If the Spurs want a chance to start White at PG and DJ at SG with Lonnie at the 3 in the near future, Dejounte's got to be willing to let it fly. Also not a coincidence Lonnie suddenly wasn't bottom 3 in MPG tonight - can't wait for him and DJ to be neutered back next game.
    White is like two years older...I'm sure in two years Murray will progress as a PG...lol...two years ago half the forum was saying white was

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    White is like two years older...I'm sure in two years Murray will progress as a PG...lol...two years ago half the forum was saying white was
    truth nukes. white is a 6th man at best. dejounte murray is our future PG. and I hope coach tim is our future coach

Thread Information