Page 9 of 19 FirstFirst ... 5678910111213 ... LastLast
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Yeah. The fact I like Bernie doesn’t change the fact the DNC is a joke

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    330 million people isn't a financial limitation, tho?
    more people paying in as well

My Team
    Toronto Raptors
    Post Count
    bernie is for the working class.

the dnc is for the dnc.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

the dnc is for the dnc.
    ... and the working class is for Trump.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    people of color are waking up and feeling the Bern

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    kill off their wealth?

quotes please that WSJ does not give access
    Mr. Sanders’s plan to tax ac ulated wealth, not just income, is particularly aggressive in how it would erode the fortunes of billionaires. His tax would cut in half the wealth of the typical billionaire after 15 years, according to two economists who worked with the Sanders campaign on the plan. Mr. Sanders would use the money generated by his wealth tax to fund the housing plan he released last week and a forthcoming plan for universal child care, as well as to help pay for “Medicare for all.”

“Let me be very clear: As president of the United States, I will reduce the outrageous and grotesque and immoral level of income and wealth inequality,” Mr. Sanders said in an interview. “What we are trying to do is demand and implement a policy which significantly reduces income and wealth inequality in America by telling the wealthiest families in this country they cannot have so much wealth.”

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    ^ Good

Done with the NBA
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

the dnc is for the dnc.
    False. There is a reason Pete is beating him with low name recognition outside of cities.

Done with the NBA
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Although I despise Bloomberg using his money to buy an election the opposite side is Bernie trying to buy votes with taxpayer money. Anyone that thinks paying for useless degrees from an outdated education system (college) is reasonable is just not thinking. How about fix the public education system that's pumping out a high percentage (1/3rd) of millennials that are favorable to communism.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Mr. Sanders’s plan to tax ac ulated wealth, not just income, is particularly aggressive in how it would erode the fortunes of billionaires. His tax would cut in half the wealth of the typical billionaire after 15 years, according to two economists who worked with the Sanders campaign on the plan. Mr. Sanders would use the money generated by his wealth tax to fund the housing plan he released last week and a forthcoming plan for universal child care, as well as to help pay for “Medicare for all.”

“Let me be very clear: As president of the United States, I will reduce the outrageous and grotesque and immoral level of income and wealth inequality,” Mr. Sanders said in an interview. “What we are trying to do is demand and implement a policy which significantly reduces income and wealth inequality in America by telling the wealthiest families in this country they cannot have so much wealth.”
    this is great. the billionaires will still have plenty left over to indulge themselves

nobody needs multiple billion dollars tbqh

Done with the NBA
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Why bother pointing to Sweden when speaking of Bernie? They've implemented a wealth tax and then took it way because it's a catastrophic failure. It's a braindead proposal and would ruin the country.

Done with the NBA
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    this is great. the billionaires will still have plenty left over to indulge themselves

Thanks for deciding that people aren't allowed to have more than they "need" in America.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Not really, no. It's one thing to target those who have 8 or 9 figure wealth. But that's not what this plan does. People with minimal health care costs (meaning less than $1000) will be paying more if they make at least $50,000. I get someone making 300k seems like a lot to some, but that is categorically different than someone making $50 million. It doesn't seem good politics to me to tax those earners higher under the au es of "taxing the wealthy."

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Goal post moving. And beside the point. Try again.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Not really, no. It's one thing to target those who have 8 or 9 figure wealth. But that's not what this plan does. People with minimal health care costs (meaning less than $1000) will be paying more if they make at least $50,000. I get someone making 300k seems like a lot to some, but that is categorically different than someone making $50 million. It doesn't seem good politics to me to tax those earners higher under the au es of "taxing the wealthy."
    How much are you paying in healthcare? Deductible?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    ... and the working class is for Trump.
    If so, start buying stock in concentration camp companies.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Although I despise Bloomberg using his money to buy an election the opposite side is Bernie trying to buy votes with taxpayer money. Anyone that thinks paying for useless degrees from an outdated education system (college) is reasonable is just not thinking. How about fix the public education system that's pumping out a high percentage (1/3rd) of millennials that are favorable to communism.
    how is that different from every republican trying to buy votes with tax cuts?

candidates run on improving the lives of the people... thats not "buying votes"

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Wow, it is head scratching how little people know about politics.

Exchanging Trump for Bloomberg? - Same Disaster, different Flavor

Bernie telling Fairy Tales? - Has any of the People who critize Bernie ever been to europe? All those Fairy Tales are real there, so why should the USA be incapable in doing it? Thats what i would understand how people ignore Facts, just to trash Bernie. Mindboggling.

Well the rest of the candidates dont play a role anymore anyway.

The fairy tale is him preaching his policies will lead the US to be like the Nordic countries. Pure fantasy, I'm not sure if he actually believes it (which is very possible) or if he's just selling it to the gullible/jealous (no offense to any Bernie supporters here) who have obviously eaten it up.

And yes I've been to Europe and have family that live there. It isn't that we're incapable it's that the policies don't match the proclaimed objective. Shouldn't be very mindboggling if you claim to know as many "facts" as you do.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    How much are you paying in healthcare? Deductible?
    Like 200-300 per month. I think my deductible is $500 or $1000.

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    False. There is a reason Pete is beating him with low name recognition outside of cities.
    Isn't Buttigieg polling at like 7% nationally? The DNC media is bending over backward to prop that dude up.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Thanks for deciding that people aren't allowed to have more than they "need" in America.
    youre welcome decisions are the taken for the better of the country

for example:

you cannot have more than 1 wife

you cannot drive 200mph on roads

and now

you cannot have over a billion dollars while other ppl are starving

Bernie Bernie Bernie!!

USA USA USA!

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Like 200-300 per month. I think my deductible is $500 or $1000.
    if you're spending 2400-3600 a year on premiums alone, and are a single filer, the break even point is something like 87k per year (not including deductibles/copays/etc), or about 175k if married filing jointly, which would place you in the 88th percentile. and that's just the break even point. theres still a gap between that and a tax increase that materially impacts you

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    i agree that 300k is categorically different than people making 50 million, but as a household income would still place you in the 96th percentile. there's almost no scenario where that person isn't living comfortably/lavishly unless they have degenerate spending habits

and there's nothing wrong with being successful, but if somebody is making 300k per year, i find it hard to believe that one's standard of living would be materially impacted if their highest marginal tax rate was raised by a few percent

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    if you're spending 2400-3600 a year on premiums alone, and are a single filer, the break even point is something like 87k per year (not including deductibles/copays/etc), or about 175k if married filing jointly, which would place you in the 88th percentile. and that's just the break even point. theres still a gap between that and a tax increase that materially impacts you
    You're right. I over-estimated. The number is closer to 6k more rather than 10k.

i agree that 300k is categorically different than people making 50 million, but as a household income would still place you in the 96th percentile. there's almost no scenario where that person isn't living comfortably/lavishly unless they have degenerate spending habits

and there's nothing wrong with being successful, but if somebody is making 300k per year, i find it hard to believe that one's standard of living would be materially impacted if their highest marginal tax rate was raised by a few percent
    Comfortable according to which standards? 300k doesn't go very far in a place like SF or NYC. Where do you draw the line at comfort? 200k? 100k?

I hadn't done the math until today, which is why this is all present in mind. But for someone like me, I can't envision why anyone would vote for Bernie compared to Warren.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    You're right. I over-estimated. The number is closer to 6k more rather than 10k.

Comfortable according to which standards? 300k doesn't go very far in a place like SF or NYC. Where do you draw the line at comfort? 200k? 100k?

I hadn't done the math until today, which is why this is all present in mind. But for someone like me, I can't envision why anyone would vote for Bernie compared to Warren.
    easy warren is a fake

she got caught lying many times already

- pocahontas

- bernie hates women

- she also headed a state where Raytheon a military industrial giant prospered under her

its not even close

Thread Information