Page 13 of 19 FirstFirst ... 391011121314151617 ... LastLast
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Bloomberg's entire platform: I'm an old, white, male, billionaire, misogynist, but I'm not as awful as Trump, so vote for me.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    That’s not my “concern”. It was an example of a real actualized benefit to people having healthcare outside of the current trappings of this system.
    You’re trying to have it both ways. Either it’s a meaningful benefit or valid concern to you, in which case I suggested, what I think to be, a better alternative. Or the benefit of avoiding the current trapping of the system isn’t that important. Identifying a problem isn’t meaningful if the problem itself isn’t meaningful.

Done with the NBA
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I'm not defending people expecting return. If I were you'd have a point but I'm not so you don't.

Done with the NBA
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    In other words you can defend people based on principle. Just like people defend the free speech rights of others even if they disagree with what they say. It's really not complicated.

Done with the NBA
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    not envy. repulsion. and not the rich, but the filthy rich

I have lots of rich friends with million dollar houses. nothing wrong with that. some support bernie as well
    Imagine being repulsed by the monumental impact Bill Gates has had on the world.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    You’re trying to have it both ways. Either it’s a meaningful benefit or valid concern to you, in which case I suggested, what I think to be, a better alternative. Or the benefit of avoiding the current trapping of the system isn’t that important. Identifying a problem isn’t meaningful if the problem itself isn’t meaningful.
    I’m trying to make sure everyone has healthcare. Your suggestion doesn’t even make sense to that goal

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Bloomberg's entire platform: I'm an old, white, male, billionaire, misogynist, but I'm not as awful as Trump, so vote for me.
    basically

cant believe some democrats actually take him as option

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Imagine being repulsed by the monumental impact Bill Gates has had on the world.
    Bill Gates preyed on smaller businesses not to mention stole their ideas in his cutthroat days

you realize windows was created at Xerox labs right and Bill stole it.

without that we could possibly have a better world with multiple IT giants competing w each other

for example that Xerox lab of geniuses would still be thriving and producing much better that Bill

its sad that ppl dont knowthe truth about that criminal Gates

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Bill Gates preyed on smaller businesses not to mention stole their ideas in his cutthroat days

without that we could possibly have a better world with multiple IT giants competing w each other

for example that Xerox lab of geniuses would still be thriving and producing much better that Bill

its sad that ppl don't know the truth about that criminal Gates
    Any thoughts about your hero Sanders dodging disclosing his taxes in the 2016 election or the curiously unaccounted for way he never fully disclosed how he financed purchase of his Maine home? If we’re purity testing all the candidates let’s do it for everyone.

...and Bernie never withdrew from the 2016 election until way after it was obvious he wasn’t going to win and didn’t tepidly endorse Clinton until the last minute. Bernie is a little weasel with a big weasel ego.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Any thoughts about your hero Sanders dodging disclosing his taxes in the 2016 election or the curiously unaccounted for way he never fully disclosed how he financed purchase of his Maine home? If we’re purity testing all the candidates let’s do it for everyone.
    meh first of all Im not too hung up on Dump not disclosing his taxes. if we want to make that a requirement for presidents then Im all for changing the law and making it mandatory

second I dont need to see Bernies taxes to decide that the man lives like an average politician/senator. sure they probably live a bit better than most

third, this is Bernies famous “lake house” its a hole IMO Im not gona bend over backwards to find out how he purchased that rathole

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    meh first of all Im not too hung up on Dump not disclosing his taxes. if we want to make that a requirement for presidents then Im all for changing the law and making it mandatory

second I dont need to see Bernies taxes to decide that the man lives like an average politician/senator. sure they probably live a bit better than most

third, this is Bernies famous “lake house” its a hole IMO Im not gona bend over backwards to find out how he purchased that rathole

So dishonesty and hypocrisy are ok as long as it’s your guy’s dishonesty and hypocrisy. Got it.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    So dishonesty and hypocrisy are ok as long as it’s your guy’s dishonesty and hypocrisy. Got it.
    I dont see not disclosing your full taxes as sign of dishonesty tbqh

again. make it a requirement if its such a big deal

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I dont see not disclosing your full taxes as sign of dishonesty tbqh

again. make it a requirement if its such a big deal
    How about the COMPLETE medical history he promised he'd release and now won’t?Id sure as want to know a 78 year old guy I'm electing to serve for four years doesn't have any significant medical issues.

Take the fcking keys away baseline bum's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

its sad that ppl dont knowthe truth about that criminal Gates
    Bill stole it from Apple who walked right in and took it from Xerox. If you ever want to see a talk about how the GUI we know and love today was invented at Xerox PARC, you should check these two videos:

These are from an amazing freshman CS course called CS61A at UC Berkeley based on one of the greatest CS books ever written (which is also 100% free).

https://mitpress.mit.edu/sites/defau...book/book.html

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Bill stole it from Apple who walked right in and took it from Xerox. If you ever want to see a talk about how the GUI we know and love today was invented at Xerox PARC, you should check these two videos:

These are from an amazing freshman CS course called CS61A at UC Berkeley based on one of the greatest CS books ever written (which is also 100% free).

never saw that! thanks

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    How about the COMPLETE medical history he promised he'd release and now won’t?Id sure as want to know a 78 year old guy I'm electing to serve for four years doesn't have any significant medical issues.
    same thing. make it a requirement

dont see dihonesty

and I am worried about his health but it is what it is. im willing to risk it over 4 years of Dump or DNC puppet

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    never saw that! thanks
    It's pretty cool how they developed GUIs from studying how kids learned and how they used computers. And the lecture is given by the guy largely credited with inventing object oriented programming as we know it today through Smalltalk, the language of the Xerox Alto.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Damn here's much better version of those two videos since it's not videotaping a video being played like the two I posted above:

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

https://web.stanford.edu/dept/SUL/sites/mac/parc.html

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Better yet, read the book "Accidental Empires" by Robert Cringely. That book explicates the entire Gates, Jobs, Xerox PARC story.

Spoiler alert, Xerox didn't get anything stolen from them. They just didn't think it was worth anything.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Spoiler alert, Xerox didn't get anything stolen from them. They just didn't think it was worth anything.
    True, Xerox were morons.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Better yet, read the book "Accidental Empires" by Robert Cringely. That book explicates the entire Gates, Jobs, Xerox PARC story.

yeah that author(Stephens I think) was one of the original Apple employees. lets believe his take only

Done with the NBA
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

He should sell that house and give the money to the poor. After all he doesn't "need" that house and that's your standard.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    He should sell that house and give the money to the poor. After all he doesn't "need" that house and that's your standard.
    thats not whqt hes asking everyone tbqh

you are putying words in his mouth.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Look - if you can’t have an adult discussion with context what’s the point? Also, that goes to show you the real issue. Bernie is in the “top 5%” and he’s a piss ant compared to the 1%
    So someone stating a fact indicates to you that they can't have an adult discussion? What did I say that was out of context? Is Bernie's net wealth not 2.5M? Is that not top 5%? Does that not classify him as wealthy?

Thread Information