Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    tv screen baseline bum sananspursfan21's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Depending on the cost of the extension, I don’t mind bringing him back.

Take the fcking keys away baseline bum's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Idk if he wasn't just shooting for ASG. Now that he's not selected, I hope he's not back to mediocre self. I'm not hating, but he's Debbie downer. Just play, take those open 3's, try to distribute and enough complaining.
    I hope he is back to his mediocre self so the Spurs aren't tempted to extend him.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I'm convinced his presence has slowed down the development of White, Murray, and Walker. They defer to him and it's hard to blame them-- he's the "star," he gets the most minutes from the coach, he has the highest salary and usage rate on the team... his lack of 3 & D will always present a challenge to winning, especially in the playoffs. I just can't justify in any way making him the highest paid player on the team. To think Manu took regular pay cuts while being one of the best advanced stats guys in the league while DeMar gets maxed out just shows how strange perception (especially with scoring) can be in contrast with results. Manu was obviously the vastly superior player.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I am a Raptors fan and a Demar Fan. I'm just letting you know that it's been a displeasure watching him the last year and a half on this team. He has pretty much wasted 2 years of his prime and I'm sure he feels that way too. You think he wants to run it back for a few more seasons? lol.
    Agree. SA is the dumpster fire, not DeMar.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I'm convinced his presence has slowed down the development of White, Murray, and Walker. They defer to him and it's hard to blame them-- he's the "star," he gets the most minutes from the coach, he has the highest salary and usage rate on the team... his lack of 3 & D will always present a challenge to winning, especially in the playoffs. I just can't justify in any way making him the highest paid player on the team. To think Manu took regular pay cuts while being one of the best advanced stats guys in the league while DeMar gets maxed out just shows how strange perception (especially with scoring) can be in contrast with results. Manu was obviously the vastly superior player.
    I won't argue with that, and I think they could walk away from DeMar, and like Moneyball, reconstruct him in the aggregate. I absolutely think they can get his production as increases from White, DJ, and Walker. You would need something like 18/17/13 from them to keep what they have now, and add scoring to pick up his departure. They play SO much better when he's not on the floor. In the last game, they got exactly what they needed in the aggregate: Murray 25, White 17, Walker 6. That's really close to their current scoring plus his average. He wasn't on the floor, and none of them even played 30 minutes! They all defend and shoot better than he does.

Believe.
    My Team
    Toronto Raptors
    Post Count
    What I dont understand is how your FO didn't make a trade last summer or at the very least, the past trade deadline. It's an awkward fit and both parties are aware that it is not a happy marriage and that should have been obvious to your FO by the end of last season. Dude cannot wait for the summer to leave this team, that is GUARANTEED.

Demar knows he will never make another allstar team if he stays with this team and his career will dwindle into oblivion if he doesn't make a change NOW (This summer).

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    What I dont understand is how your FO didn't make a trade last summer or at the very least, the past trade deadline. It's an awkward fit and both parties are aware that it is not a happy marriage and that should have been obvious to your FO by the end of last season. Dude cannot wait for the summer to leave this team, that is GUARANTEED.

Demar knows he will never make another allstar team if he stays with this team and his career will dwindle into oblivion if he doesn't make a change NOW (This summer).
    I agree, he ing sucks and if all he cares is making the All Star team, we should ship back to the East.

Believe.
    My Team
    Toronto Raptors
    Post Count
    That makes no sense. How can you ship him back to the east when you guys have absolutely no leverage? If you guys needed to do that, it should have been done at the deadline but your incompetent FO dropped the ball on that one again. He is gone this offseason...

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    That makes no sense. How can you ship him back to the east when you guys have absolutely no leverage? If you guys needed to do that, it should have been done at the deadline but your incompetent FO dropped the ball on that one again. He is gone this offseason...
    My god you do realize that if we're being honest DeRozan is an Inferior player to even a 34 year old LMA right. Being on the Spurs has nothing to do with him not making the All Star game LMA made it last year and the year before that. while on the Spurs LMA made All NBA 2 years out of the five he's been here. I like DeMar but if he was as good as LMA was he would have made the All Star Game and received accolades.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

It's pretty simple, and I think their requirements aren't that complicated, and obviously weren't met. You don't want to downgrade, again, and you don't want longer contract(s).

Take the fcking keys away baseline bum's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    He isn't staying with you guys lol. He is opting out and signing with a team that will build around him and allow him to be an all-star again. Keep dreaming if you think he's staying with you guys.
    Build around a guard who can't shoot the three in 2020? That's rich. I hope you're right that he's walking though. No sense in making a huge mistake extending him just because the Spurs already made a huge mistake trading for him.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I won't argue with that, and I think they could walk away from DeMar, and like Moneyball, reconstruct him in the aggregate. I absolutely think they can get his production as increases from White, DJ, and Walker. You would need something like 18/17/13 from them to keep what they have now, and add scoring to pick up his departure. They play SO much better when he's not on the floor. In the last game, they got exactly what they needed in the aggregate: Murray 25, White 17, Walker 6. That's really close to their current scoring plus his average. He wasn't on the floor, and none of them even played 30 minutes! They all defend and shoot better than he does.
    Nicely put.
    Don't you think other teams take note of that? He's only going to work for a team that needs a good scoring no 3 no D guy. I can't think of a team. Also it appears no teams are as Light Years Behind as the Spurs FO currently is. I do think Morris ed them. But he has always seemed sneaky to me. I can honestly say (no 20/20) I would not have done the Berti deal until Numb Nutts Morris was signed on the dotted line.

So to the OP subject, the answer is No.

Thread Information