Do you give them money?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Never. They're fake

My Team
    Boston Celtics
    Post Count
    Occasionally but mostly not. If I see a really sorry looking mother er (ie a veteran with one leg) I’ll give him money.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    No way. I saw one with tats on his calves and I know what he'll do with it.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I hardly carry cash any more too. I'm waiting for one to hold up an iPhone with the card swipe

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Saw a "veteran" today in a military jacket, sign saying he was a disabled veteran, etc. Funny thing was he had a vietnam campaign ribbon on his jacket and he couldn't have been over 40. that .

My Team
    Boston Celtics
    Post Count
    Saw a "veteran" today in a military jacket, sign saying he was a disabled veteran, etc. Funny thing was he had a vietnam campaign ribbon on his jacket and he couldn't have been over 40. that .
    Yeah I see the veteran stuff a lot too, the only time I gave money to one was when he literally had one leg since you can’t fake that.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    How ed up does your self esteem have to be to do that? Do you think they get pleasure out of playing people for fools?

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    One Thanksgiving my wife gave a guy $100 because he had a dog with him. Pissed me off because I see that mother er in valero all the time eating at subway while watching on his ipad

my unders, my frgn whites pgardn's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Ask em if they are hungry.

Y.

Meet me at this fast food place on that corner.

No show.

A few exceptions, but very rare.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I have. They might be "fake" but their life is either way.

my unders, my frgn whites pgardn's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    One Thanksgiving my wife gave a guy $100 because he had a dog with him. Pissed me off because I see that mother er in valero all the time eating at subway while watching on his ipad
    I admit to more paying more attention to the dog scenario as well.

My Team
    Boston Celtics
    Post Count
    How ed up does your self esteem have to be to do that? Do you think they get pleasure out of playing people for fools?
    Like I said, he had one leg. You can’t fake that. Maybe he used it for drugs, I really don’t care.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    If you lost 20 dollars from your pocket, would you lose sleep over it? Ok give a guy a couple bucks, get over it.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    very very rarely do i just hand out cash

but if i'm getting fast food and theres a guy outside asking for money, i more often than not offer to buy a sandwich. or one time i was filling gas and somebody was asking for money, i asked if i could get him anything from the convenient store. he wanted water and cigarettes. i just bought him a bottle of water.

several years ago when i used to work part time at a frozen yogurt store, this homeless dude would always come in to beat the heat and we'd just talk if it was slow/empty. one day he told me he was gonna go to burger king and get a sandwich, asked if i wanted anything. i gave him some cash, told him to get himself something and to bring me a chicken sandwich. when he left, i legit thought he'd just take the money, but i didnt care, it was a few bucks. he came back some time later and brought me a sandwich and fries.

so little things like that, yeah i tend to cave. but never to just some guy panhandling

My Team
    Boston Celtics
    Post Count
    very rarely do i just hand out cash

but if i'm getting fast food and theres a guy outside asking for money, i more often than not offer to buy a sandwich
    I’ve done similar stuff and every time the answer I get is “no I need money not food”

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I’ve done similar stuff and every time the answer I get is “no I need money not food”
    recently when i had a lunch break during the VA bar exam, i walked to the closest mcdonalds. there was a dude outside asking for money. i kinda ignored him on my way in. on my way out though, i asked him if i could get him something. he was like "yeah a big mac, large fries and large soda"

presumptuous ... i did buy him a combo which comes with medium, not large. paid, gave him the receipt and went on my way

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    i did get spurned by a homeless dude one time and i was lowkey pissed... again during my frozen yogurt job days, after a night shift in the winter i would sometimes walk to starbucks and get some nice hot coffee. i saw a homeless guy sitting out there in the cold (LA cold, so maybe 50's), so i bought an extra hot chocolate and on my way back i offered it to him. he was like NAH IM GOOD and showed me he had a bottle in a paper bag.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Sometimes and only once.

It's easy to spot the squatters asking for money because they're always the same people.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    My office is downtown and covered up with stoned homeless guys. The police tell me most of them are on " e". What the is that stuff? These guys are ed out of their minds most of the time.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I left the office at 5 in the afternoon a couple of days ago and there was a guy jacking off literally 30 feet from my truck. This is only 5 blocks from the courthouse downtown.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    My office is downtown and covered up with stoned homeless guys. The police tell me most of them are on " e". What the is that stuff? These guys are ed out of their minds most of the time.
    True story, I was walking out of HEB once many years ago and a guy was standing there with his hand out. Obviously someone just put some change there and he didn't have time to pocket it yet, so he put his open hand in my face.. I took two quarters and said "thanks dude!".

My Team
    Boston Celtics
    Post Count
    Is San Antonio that bad? I live in DC and the homeless population is out of control....more or less everywhere there’s cover from rain you’ll see homeless people camped out.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Is San Antonio that bad? I live in DC and the homeless population is out of control....more or less everywhere there’s cover from rain you’ll see homeless people camped out.
    There are anywhere from 5-10 living under the bridge by my office at any given time.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Thread Information