Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
    Enemy of the System Millennial_Messiah's Avatar
    My Team
    Dallas Cowboys
    Post Count
    You go to gentrified Omaha outskirts and you'll find the $800K homes. Maybe there's cheaper deals on the whole in Nebraska, Iowas though. But you're paying more for better economic opportunity.
    I was talking about Minneapolis-St Paul, not Omaha.

Aside:: My cousins live in Omaha (Papillion). One makes 250K+ and the other 175K, they're both around 40 with 2 kids apiece and great homes though. At least Omaha has most of the same amenities you'd find in Dallas: abundance of Walmarts, Bank of Americas, Valero, QT, Exxon, S , etc. Hard to find those in a place like Minneapolis.

My Team
    Dallas Cowboys
    Post Count
    I used to eat gyro 'til I found out. I sinned in ignorance. A part of me still knew I shouldn't trust in it though.
    I'd rather eat meat from a tortured animal than one given toxic fake growth hormones, nitrates, nitrites, preservatives, antibiotics etc. Lamb gyro is good. But I rarely eat at restaurants these days when I'm not traveling since I can cook.

6X ST MVP
    My Team
    Minnesota Vikings
    Post Count
    I was talking about Minneapolis-St Paul, not Omaha.

Aside:: My cousins live in Omaha (Papillion). One makes 250K+ and the other 175K, they're both around 40 with 2 kids apiece and great homes though. At least Omaha has most of the same amenities you'd find in Dallas: abundance of Walmarts, Bank of Americas, Valero, QT, Exxon, S , etc. Hard to find those in a place like Minneapolis.
    Twin cities has much better night life. And it has sports (all four major sports). Omaha has College World Series, which is okay; and they have Nebraska football; but they're not a powerhouse like they were a couple decades back. All that SEC cheating left them high and dry.

My Team
    Dallas Cowboys
    Post Count
    you're paying more for better economic opportunity.
    I fear Minnesota is going to be at the center of this next recession, just like Detroit was in '08. When I/people say Detroit, we meant the U.S. auto manufacturing industry, and when I say Minnesota, I mean the brick-and-mortal retail industry which has been the predominant claim to fame for a long time.

Minneapolis IS and has long been the retail capital of the world. Problem is, people are buying from bigger, Seattle-based online companies instead of Minnesota-based Targets and Best Buy's of the world. Is the B&M retail crash going to doom Minneapolis-St Paul? Hmmmm......

My Team
    Dallas Cowboys
    Post Count
    Twin cities has much better night life. And it has sports (all four major sports). Omaha has College World Series, which is okay; and they have Nebraska football; but they're not a powerhouse like they were a couple decades back. All that SEC cheating left them high and dry.
    true, but how ya gonna go out and find someone and get laid in like, February, when nobody's at the clubs outside of May-September? And let's not forget, the Somalis are Muslim and anti-alcohol, so ya always gotta keep an eye on the rando "alcohol is haraam, allahu akhbar infidels!!" type of shooter

6X ST MVP
    My Team
    Minnesota Vikings
    Post Count
    I fear Minnesota is going to be at the center of this next recession, just like Detroit was in '08. When I/people say Detroit, we meant the U.S. auto manufacturing industry, and when I say Minnesota, I mean the brick-and-mortal retail industry which has been the predominant claim to fame for a long time.
    They already did get their version of Detroit. There's about a three mile stretch heading northward along the 94 a couple miles after the tunnel that is just abandoned warehouses and factories. I think Pillsbury or someone jumped town, when they had been huge.

You are right about the high property taxes and stuff like that. And they frankly take everything California does and they pass it. They want to be Midwest Hollywood / San Fran so bad. So, they will have earned whatever comes down the pike in that sense.

6X ST MVP
    My Team
    Minnesota Vikings
    Post Count
    true, but how ya gonna go out and find someone and get laid in like, February, when nobody's at the clubs outside of May-September? And let's not forget, the Somalis are Muslim and anti-alcohol, so ya always gotta keep an eye on the rando "alcohol is haraam, allahu akhbar infidels!!" type of shooter
    They got those torches on the sidewalk; and those bars are packed in winter. The train takes everyone downtown cheap.

My Team
    Dallas Cowboys
    Post Count
    They already did get their version of Detroit. There's about a three mile stretch heading northward along the 94 a couple miles after the tunnel that is just abandoned warehouses and factories. I think Pillsbury or someone jumped town, when they had been huge.

You are right about the high property taxes and stuff like that. And they frankly take everything California does and they pass it. They want to be Midwest Hollywood / San Fran so bad. So, they will have earned whatever comes down the pike in that sense.
    High property taxes
    10% W2 income payroll tax
    High gasoline retail tax
    Average retail sales tax

All-wheel-drive requirement to live there year round, which is basically another tax, plus it makes you pay more for gas which is already expensive
    If you have a house there (or Wisconsin, Michigan, etc) you have to put that insulation stuff around your water pipes or they'll crack in winter causing a huge mess and thousands in repair bills. So that's essentially another tax.

And in the summer months, you get 85 degree days with heat index well into the 90s. And because of the high humidity and low elevation, it doesn't cool down much at night, either, like for example in Denver or Flagstaff. But almost no homes have A/C. So you're pretty much at a thermal discomfort one way or the other, year-round.

Who even wants to be there? Seriously.

6X ST MVP
    My Team
    Minnesota Vikings
    Post Count
    I'd rather eat meat from a tortured animal than one given toxic fake growth hormones, nitrates, nitrites, preservatives, antibiotics etc. Lamb gyro is good. But I rarely eat at restaurants these days when I'm not traveling since I can cook.
    Not saying you should do either. I personally don't indulge those psychopaths by eating gyro though.

My Team
    Dallas Cowboys
    Post Count
    They got those torches on the sidewalk; and those bars are packed in winter. The train takes everyone downtown cheap.
    Torches? I didn't see those. I just saw the sky walks. I guess because it was October. So people are used to walking through the snow and sand all winter to socialize? Must be a good time. Hope the furnace didn't go out on the night you met and took home your perfect babe for the first night of lovin', tbh.

6X ST MVP
    My Team
    Minnesota Vikings
    Post Count
    High property taxes
    10% W2 income payroll tax
    High gasoline retail tax
    Average retail sales tax

All-wheel-drive requirement to live there year round,
    which is basically another tax, plus it makes you pay more for gas which is already expensive
    If you have a house there (or Wisconsin, Michigan, etc) you have to put that insulation stuff around your water pipes or they'll crack in winter causing a huge mess and thousands in repair bills. So that's essentially another tax.

And in the summer months, you get 85 degree days with heat index well into the 90s. And because of the high humidity and low elevation, it doesn't cool down much at night, either, like for example in Denver or Flagstaff. But almost no homes have A/C. So you're pretty much at a thermal discomfort one way or the other, year-round.

Who even wants to be there? Seriously.
    When did that pass? I don't remember that being a thing when I was there. But I can honestly say it doesn't bother me. There are some steep incline streets that if you try to drive them right after the snow, you'll slip backwards down the street. I narrowly avoided such accidents once or twice with my two-wheel drive vehicle.

6X ST MVP
    My Team
    Minnesota Vikings
    Post Count
    Torches? I didn't see those. I just saw the sky walks. I guess because it was October. So people are used to walking through the snow and sand all winter to socialize? Must be a good time. Hope the furnace didn't go out on the night you met and took home your perfect babe for the first night of lovin', tbh.
    Yea, I did the skywalks in SP. Don't really remember doing them in Minneapolis. I don't think the best night spots aren't connected. You have to be out on the streets, in the bar / night club district(s) like by Target Center or Uptown even. Also, if you go to Dinky Town (IIRC) you'll find some college hotties. Easy enough to get laid there, tbh.

My Team
    Dallas Cowboys
    Post Count
    When did that pass? I don't remember that being a thing when I was there. But I can honestly say it doesn't bother me. There are some steep incline streets that if you try to drive them right after the snow, you'll slip backwards down the street. I narrowly avoided such accidents once or twice with my two-wheel drive vehicle.
    It's not a law, it's an unwritten rule. If you don't have that you'll slip and crash and maybe die. So you need to have AWD capability if you're gonna live up north.

6X ST MVP
    My Team
    Minnesota Vikings
    Post Count
    It's not a law, it's an unwritten rule. If you don't have that you'll slip and crash and maybe die. So you need to have AWD capability if you're gonna live up north.
    I wouldn't say you need it if you don't require your car every single day, whether you're alternatively renting a car, carpooling, walking, etc. There's maybe three to five days before the snowplows do their jobs that it's that bad; and even then, if you're avoiding any hilly area and are taking flat roads, you're probably fine.

My Team
    Dallas Cowboys
    Post Count
    Yea, I did the skywalks in SP. Don't really remember doing them in Minneapolis. I don't think the best night spots aren't connected. You have to be out on the streets, in the bar / night club district(s) like by Target Center or Uptown even. Also, if you go to Dinky Town (IIRC) you'll find some college hotties. Easy enough to get laid there, tbh.
    yeah, there was a time, but now being a geriatric late 20-something it feels too creepy to be trying to bone 21, 22 year old little girls imo. I like yuppy young professional women roughly my age that I can share a good conversation with, not just drunk but also sober. You'll catch me talking to an early 30s career oriented woman or even milf before I'll ever hit on a little child under 23... eww. Feels like I'm taking advantage of her/getting it too easy if she's that much younger.

6X ST MVP
    My Team
    Minnesota Vikings
    Post Count
    yeah, there was a time, but now being a geriatric late 20-something it feels too creepy to be trying to bone 21, 22 year old little girls imo.
    You might be overthinking it; but hey no dishonor in that.

My Team
    Dallas Cowboys
    Post Count
    You might be overthinking it; but hey no dishonor in that.
    Another disadvantage is that college age girls are EXTREMELY fertile (the most they'll ever be in their lives); that nuance starts to tamp down just a bit in my favor once they get to my age.

But as you said... no dishonor in that, you can call me the Anti-Avante.

6X ST MVP
    My Team
    Minnesota Vikings
    Post Count
    This podcaster is Minnesota Mono.

Maybe you should do a podcast, slob.

My Team
    Dallas Cowboys
    Post Count
    This podcaster is Minnesota Mono.

Maybe you should do a podcast, slob.

Vikings will end up with trevor lawrence? crofl. So Cousins is going down with an ACL in week 1 or something? I don't get it.

6X ST MVP
    My Team
    Minnesota Vikings
    Post Count
    Vikings will end up with trevor lawrence? crofl. So Cousins is going down with an ACL in week 1 or something? I don't get it.
    I didn't listen to Viking Slob, tbh.

6X ST MVP
    My Team
    Minnesota Vikings
    Post Count
    Vikings getting a WR in RD1 to replace Diggs is interesting. Wish the dude was taller rather than the same height as Diggs.

An OT and CB in RD 2 and 3 is good too.

6X ST MVP
    My Team
    Minnesota Vikings
    Post Count
    https://sports.yahoo.com/packers-vs-...193154776.html

As the Green Bay Packers prepare for their Week 1 matchup against the Minnesota Vikings, Packers Wire takes a look at five keys to victory for Matt LaFleur’s team on Sunday:
    1. Packers must get contributions from WRs not named Davantae Adams

Davantae Adams is a star, and he is going to leave his fingerprints on this game, but the Vikings secondary is well aware of Adams’ star power and will likely send extra coverage his way. This means that there will be plenty of opportunities for other Packers receivers to step up and make an impact Sunday. Green Bay doesn’t have tremendous depth at wide receiver, but the coaching staff remains confident in their group. If Adams sees plenty of double coverage, Allen Lazard, Marquez Valdes-Scantling and Equanimeous St. Brown will all need to contribute in order for Green Bay to walk away with a victory.
    2. Za’Darius Smith and the Packers pass rushers need to have big games

- ADVERTISEMENT -

Za’Darius Smith probably still haunts Kirk Cousin’s nightmares after his 3.5-sack performance against the Vikings last December. If the Packers want to earn the Week 1 victory, then Smith and his fellow pass rushers will need to make their presence felt once again.
    Smith and company will also be responsible for slowing down the Vikings’ rushing attack. In their first meeting last year, Dalvin Cook rushed for 154 yards and one touchdown on 20 carries.
    A Green Bay victory can be expected if the Packers are able to get after Kirk Cousins and contain Cook.
    3. The Packers need somebody to breakout

The Vikings have been preparing for the Packers for quite some time. These teams are also very familiar with each other. This means that it is probably not a stretch to assume that Green Bay’s biggest playmakers on offense and defense will be accounted for at all times. Because of this, the Packers will probably need a big game from an unexpected player. Since Minnesota has probably game-planned extensively for the threat that is Aaron Jones, maybe Jamaal Williams or A.J. Dillion can step up and provide Green Bay with a spark or change of pace. On defense, I would look at guys like Chandon Sullivan and Rashan Gary as breakout candidates.
    The Packers really didn’t have too much roster turnover from last season, but they do have a handful of young players who are ready to prove themselves.
    4. Can the Packers protect Aaron Rodgers?

We know that the Mike Zimmer-led Vikings are going to attempt to apply a lot of pressure on Aaron Rodgers. While Rodgers still is very good at avoiding the pass rush, he is getting older and he may have lost a step. If the Packers want to succeed on offense, and especially on third and long situations, then the offensive line will need to keep the pocket clean for Rodgers. Last year against the Vikings, the Green Bay O-line protected Rodgers well, as Minnesota recorded just five total sacks in two matchups.
    5. Packers need to take full advantage of an empty U.S. Bank Stadium

A packed U.S. Bank Stadium can be one of the most intimidating environments in the NFL, especially when the Vikings are matched up against the Packers. But due to the COVID-19 pandemic, the seats will be empty on Sunday when Green Bay and Minnesota face off. The lack of fans could provide the Packers’ offense with a big advantage. The communication between Rodgers and the rest of the Green Bay offense should be crisp. Also, because there will be no real crowd noise, expect Rodgers to use his famous hard count to try and draw the Viking’s defensive line offsides.
    In previous years, the Minnesota defense fed off of the electric environment that they have at their home field. They will have some pre-recorded crowd noise playing, but this won’t come close to matching the typical energy that they have had in previous home games.

My Team
    Dallas Cowboys
    Post Count
    Bulaga is gone and the Packers didn't really replace him; the Vikings still have both Hunter and now Ngakoue replaces Griffen. Not so much pass rush inside with both Joseph and Richardson gone, though.

My Team
    Oakland Raiders
    Post Count
    Bulaga is gone and the Packers didn't really replace him; the Vikings still have both Hunter and now Ngakoue replaces Griffen. Not so much pass rush inside with both Joseph and Richardson gone, though.
    hunter is hurt

My Team
    Dallas Cowboys
    Post Count
    if you can't pressure rodgers you can't beat him imo.

Thread Information