My Team
    Houston Oilers
    Post Count

Enemy of the System Millennial_Messiah's Avatar
    My Team
    Dallas Cowboys
    Post Count
    50M per year, about 73% guaranteed.

Adams won't play on the tag though. He's the #1 WR in the NFL and Hopkins just got 27-28M per year and Hopkins is injury prone and inferior to Adams. The franchise tag for WR is 1 year, $19M. No ing chance in Adams plays on that tag. His asking price starts at $30M per year. If GB is unwilling to pay that in a long term extension with more than half guaranteed, he will ask for a trade and rescinding the tag, and rightfully so.

My Team
    San Francisco 49ers
    Post Count
    Good news for the playoff team that gets to face him in Lambeau Field next year

Enemy of the System Millennial_Messiah's Avatar
    My Team
    Dallas Cowboys
    Post Count
    Good news for the playoff team that gets to face him in Lambeau Field next year
    2 options for the Packers.

Option 1) Go all-in for the next 4 years, hope Rodgers plays out the contract then retires. Re-sign everybody, give Davante his 30M/year with a bunch of voidable years backloaded, push contracts deep back in the future, build a super team like the Rams and then end up with a few lean years with no good players and no cap space like the present-day Saints because of pushing all that dead cap money back.

I think the Packers should honestly go this route. You never know when or if you'll ever get a QB as good as Rodgers again.

Option 2) Screw the pooch by staying "cap smart" and making cap casualties on defense and in certain places. This defeats the purpose of having a franchise QB and trying to win a Super Bowl. But the Packers have always been stupidly conservative with regards to the cap, so I wouldn't be s -shocked if they do it like that. Rodgers should be pissed if they do this, though. They need to go full scorched earth to try and win Super Bowls from 2022-2025 and accept several years in the cellar with no players and no cap space after that.

Which one do you think the Packers go with? First order of business is getting Davante signed to that long-term because you don't want an unhappy underpaid holding-out Davante.

My Team
    New England Patriots
    Post Count
    2 options for the Packers.

Option 1) Go all-in for the next 4 years, hope Rodgers plays out the contract then retires. Re-sign everybody, give Davante his 30M/year with a bunch of voidable years backloaded, push contracts deep back in the future, build a super team like the Rams and then end up with a few lean years with no good players and no cap space like the present-day Saints because of pushing all that dead cap money back.

I think the Packers should honestly go this route. You never know when or if you'll ever get a QB as good as Rodgers again.

Option 2) Screw the pooch by staying "cap smart" and making cap casualties on defense and in certain places. This defeats the purpose of having a franchise QB and trying to win a Super Bowl. But the Packers have always been stupidly conservative with regards to the cap, so I wouldn't be s -shocked if they do it like that. Rodgers should be pissed if they do this, though. They need to go full scorched earth to try and win Super Bowls from 2022-2025 and accept several years in the cellar with no players and no cap space after that.

Which one do you think the Packers go with? First order of business is getting Davante signed to that long-term because you don't want an unhappy underpaid holding-out Davante.
    Yeah if they go with Option 2, Rogers would probably riot and force a trade.

My Team
    San Francisco 49ers
    Post Count
    Yeah if they go with Option 2, Rogers would probably riot and force a trade.
    Eh, at this point I think Rodgers chose the money over winning.

My Team
    Chicago Bears
    Post Count
    50 Mil for losing to Jimmy G at home, must be nice.

My Team
    San Francisco 49ers
    Post Count
    Time to put Trey on the 49ers list of QBs to defeat Aaron in the Playoffs

Thread Information