Post Count
    NBA Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    College
    Maryland Terrapins
    Worst writing/acting I’ve seen in years. If anyone makes it past the first episode (let alone the first scene), let me know if it gets any good. I found myself laughing at how hilariously bad it was at most times. I hope it’s just a comedic version of Boys From Brazil, or you will find yourself cringing.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Worst writing/acting I’ve seen in years. If anyone makes it past the first episode (let alone the first scene), let me know if it gets any good. I found myself laughing at how hilariously bad it was at most times. I hope it’s just a comedic version of Boys From Brazil, or you will find yourself cringing.
    Damn. I was hoping that you were gonna say the reviews are wrong. I don’t know if I’ll even try to watch it. Hour and a half 1st episode.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    College
    Maryland Terrapins
    Damn. I was hoping that you were gonna say the reviews are wrong. I don’t know if I’ll even try to watch it. Hour and a half 1st episode.
    Your reviews are pretty spot on and I like your recommendations, so I’m interested to see if you can make it through 20 minutes. I forced myself through the first episode hoping the initial hilarity was just a dream sequence, but it soon became evident that it was taking itself seriously. You can already tell this is going to be full of boilerplate preachiness while forcing today’s social climate into a setting where it didn’t previously exist. Would’ve been better just to tell the Simon Wiesenthal story, rather than bas izing it with a Nazi revenge fantasy/vigilante justice genre that was already explored byTarantino.

Who knows, maybe it gets better, but the first ep was so awful that I can’t bring myself to sit through 60-90 minutes of another one

Post Count
    NBA Team
    Chicago Bulls
    College
    Florida State Seminoles
    Rather watch a fictional story of hunting down American Jew pedophiles hiding out in Israel

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    nazis everywhere! "woke" anything!

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Some of these shows are like the filler material artists use to fill an album. There's a huge gap in quality between the good shows and the ty ones, not a lot in between. Lately there has been a huge influx of dubbed movies. They look interesting but the voice over is pathetic and so I cannot watch. Like NF, Amazon has to show they have a huge offering of shows, even if the number of watchable shows is only a dozen or so.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    Boston Celtics
    College
    Arizona Wildcats
    Some of these shows are like the filler material artists use to fill an album. There's a huge gap in quality between the good shows and the ty ones, not a lot in between. Lately there has been a huge influx of dubbed movies. They look interesting but the voice over is pathetic and so I cannot watch. Like NF, Amazon has to show they have a huge offering of shows, even if the number of watchable shows is only a dozen or so.
    Yeah I’ve noticed this with Amazon and Netflix, they definitely have a lot of “filler” TV shows and movies and maybe just a few good ones.

Maybe I’m forgetting but outside of House of Cards seasons 1 and 2 I can’t remember any Netflix shows that were binge worthy.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Yeah I’ve noticed this with Amazon and Netflix, they definitely have a lot of “filler” TV shows and movies and maybe just a few good ones.

Maybe I’m forgetting but outside of House of Cards seasons 1 and 2 I can’t remember any Netflix shows that were binge worthy.
    I liked Bloodline and Ozarks well enough.

Forgot Mindhunter. And I guess Stranger Things.

Alleged Michigander ChumpDumper's Avatar
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    UTSA Roadrunners

Looking forward to Ozark next month but yeah, they're riding on old sitcoms from other studios.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Looking forward to Ozark next month but yeah, they're riding on old sitcoms from other studios.
    For sure. They do the occasionally good do entary. But I find myself watching less and less of Netflix. I got Epix for a month and saw two or three very good series. Andit looked like they had a pretty good library. Might subscribe again for a month later on. Same with Sundance.

Alleged Michigander ChumpDumper's Avatar
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    UTSA Roadrunners
    For sure. They do the occasionally good do entary. But I find myself watching less and less of Netflix. I got Epix for a month and saw two or three very good series. Andit looked like they had a pretty good library. Might subscribe again for a month later on. Same with Sundance.
    I thought Berlin Station was really good but it got canceled in the worst way. Peak TV will make me just end up not keeping any one subscription for any amount of time. There's just good stuff all over the place. Still waiting for season 2 of Condor to come on a network that is itself being canceled.

Watching the collapse benefactor's Avatar
    Name
    benefactor
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    Texas Longhorns
    New Altered Carbon looks good tbh

Post Count
    NBA Team
    Boston Celtics
    College
    Arizona Wildcats

Forgot about Ozarks that ones good.

I don’t understand why Stranger Things is considered good, when I tried watching it it was an circle jerk of corny about the 80s

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    I thought Berlin Station was really good but it got canceled in the worst way. Peak TV will make me just end up not keeping any one subscription for any amount of time. There's just good stuff all over the place. Still waiting for season 2 of Condor to come on a network that is itself being canceled.
    Yeah...I liked that show. I just saw that main actor as the mead in The Stranger. Which was ok. I really just got Epix for Godfather of Harlem and Perpetual Grace LTD and then watched a couple other shows. And they were all better than what NF puts out. I agree that maybe the best way to approach it all is to constantly change subscriptions. I wonder it will make the various services start limiting the time when you can watch something.

Hadn’t heard of the Condor. Looks good.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Forgot about Ozarks that ones good.

I don’t understand why Stranger Things is considered good, when I tried watching it it was an circle jerk of corny about the 80s
    I liked all 3 of ST but less and less each season.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    I liked all 3 of ST but less and less each season.
    I really liked ST during season one. Some of the appeal had died off for season two, and I couldn't even be bothered to watch season three. It would've worked better as a miniseries IMO. But it's one of Netflix' cash cows.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Your reviews are pretty spot on and I like your recommendations, so I’m interested to see if you can make it through 20 minutes. I forced myself through the first episode hoping the initial hilarity was just a dream sequence, but it soon became evident that it was taking itself seriously. You can already tell this is going to be full of boilerplate preachiness while forcing today’s social climate into a setting where it didn’t previously exist. Would’ve been better just to tell the Simon Wiesenthal story, rather than bas izing it with a Nazi revenge fantasy/vigilante justice genre that was already explored byTarantino.

Who knows, maybe it gets better, but the first ep was so awful that I can’t bring myself to sit through 60-90 minutes of another one
    So I did watch the first episode just to see and the negative reviews were right. It's kind of a mess. I'll probably give it another episode to see what it's going to be week to week. My guess is that they go after a different Nazi each episode.
    But the first episode wasn't very compelling. I found myself pausing to see how much time was left.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    I really liked ST during season one. Some of the appeal had died off for season two, and I couldn't even be bothered to watch season three. It would've worked better as a miniseries IMO. But it's one of Netflix' cash cows.
    That's pretty much exactly how I feel about it. Although I did watch the third season. I'm hoping that they announce Season 4 as the finale.

And you hit upon the problem with a lot of series. First season is so successful that they keep cranking out more that are less and less novel as the one before it. I guess it works a lot of the time but for ST, half of the enjoyment of that first season was related to how well they captured the 80's feel. Now, without a great story, it's just blah. Would have been perfect to just stop it at the end of Season 1.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    UCLA Bruins
    ST season 1, despite the supernatural plotline, felt the most grounded of the 3 seasons and therefore imo was the most interesting. 2 was still a fun watch but not as fascinating. i think 3 was a great bounceback

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    UCLA Bruins
    i would also say that daredevil seasons 1/3 and jessica jones season 1 were pretty bingeworthy

narcos seasons 1/2, house of cards seasons 1/2 (3 to a lesser degree, complete garbage after that)

Post Count
    NBA Team
    Toronto Raptors
    the show isn't good? i haven't watched any prime original show... i thought the trailer actually look pretty good. i was eventually gonna get around to watching at least an episode. i'll be disappointed if it sucks.

My Favorite Faded Fantasy The Gemini Method's Avatar
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    College
    USC Trojans
    What exactly were you expecting. It is a show taking liberties with conspiracy theory. It's not the best written show, but don't know exactly what was expected. It's got sort of a quirkiness to it that you don't have to binge to enjoy it. It's not really a serious program, but it's not terrible.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    Chicago Bulls
    College
    Florida State Seminoles
    Watch this instead

Thread Information