Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    https://www.spurstalk.com/grades-san...ruary-21-2020/

tl;dr: Dejounte Murray is suddenly really, really good.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    This is why the younger guys need a long leash, even through the growing pains

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    On the other hand and trey lyles is a professional athlete who gets graded well for looking “coordinated”

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    whenever Murray s on spurstalk it's a good day, just because of the amount of stupidity you read about a boy coming back from a serious injury after a year off.

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    People here are just terrible at evaluating talent especially Murray who has shown flashes of star potential from day 1. He’s going to be a 2 way force in the league for sure and will only continue to get better given his work ethic and his want to be great mentality.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Patty Mills was disappointing last night. Trey Lyles is starting to become one of my favorite players because of how smart he is on the court. Lonnie Walker frustrates me. He has the physical tools, but can't seem to use them correctly. Dejounte Murray can be one of the top PGs if he continues to improve his ball handling and passing.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    After the game, Quinn Snyder trying to pull away from Pop multiple times but Pop kept groping him.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    After the game, Quinn Snyder trying to pull away from Pop multiple times but Pop kept groping him.
    Biden supporter confirmed

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I make it somewhat of a point to observe Pops interaction with the other hc. This happens a lot. I think Doc Rivers is the only one that puts up with his wacky behavior.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Biden supporter confirmed
    Has Pop made his official endorsement yet? I can hardly wait.

Good game for DJM! Again!

I'll watch the full game this weekend, but the DJM is getting his edge back on the defensive end and seems to understand what a good, clean shot is for him. I think he has turned the corner after missing an entire year due to an ACTUAL injury. This version of Murray is the one that can be a key contributor on a Playoff Contender in the years ahead.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Still boggles the mind that Brent plays more than White. Such a travesty. Brent had a "good" game and still didn't come close having the impact White did.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Has Pop made his official endorsement yet? I can hardly wait.

Good game for DJM! Again!

I'll watch the full game this weekend, but the DJM is getting his edge back on the defensive end and seems to understand what a good, clean shot is for him. I think he has turned the corner after missing an entire year due to an ACTUAL injury. This version of Murray is the one that can be a key contributor on a Playoff Contender in the years ahead.
    I would imagine pop is a comrade

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Murray ting on Spurstalk re s

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    whenever Murray s on spurstalk it's a good day, just because of the amount of stupidity you read about a boy coming back from a serious injury after a year off.
    Unfortunately, there is a lot of stupidity on ST. Overreactions, and trolling I guess.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Murray and White improving their play will lift the ceiling of this team. Hope they can keep that up and Flopovich keeps giving them more minutes. 20 minutes for White aren’t enough

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    White and Murray definitely need to play more together but I can kinda understand why Forbes got his minutes last night. He actually shot well. I liked that Pop cut his minutes in the 2nd half though.

forbes shouldn’t be playing as many minutes as he does

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    White and Murray definitely need to play more together but I can kinda understand why Forbes got his minutes last night. He actually shot well. I liked that Pop cut his minutes in the 2nd half though.

forbes shouldn’t be playing as many minutes as he does
    that. He's been getting his 25+ minutes all year, he's had some good nights here and there and ultimately where has that led the team? He's a complete liability on defense. Shoots 40% from the field.

If White-Murray make sense to close games they can just as easily make sense throughout the game. Give them both 30 mpg. Up Lonnie's minutes. I'm sick of the bull excuses for playing this glorified g-leaguer. Tired of seeing Pop run him around screens when he's a slow, stumpy that struggles to create separation. The way he carries himself (like he's good) pisses me off. Even his stupid ass hair is annoying. He completely ruins the experience of watching games.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I'm legitimately worried that Pop's parting gift will be to choose Brent over White too.

Because if Brent isn't in their long term plans why is he treated like an undisputed starter? If they value White, why is he treated like a measly back-up PG?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    This is why the younger guys need a long leash, even through the growing pains
    Or maybe the way they did it is what works instead.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    that. He's been getting his 25+ minutes all year, he's had some good nights here and there and ultimately where has that led the team? He's a complete liability on defense. Shoots 40% from the field.

If White-Murray make sense to close games they can just as easily make sense throughout the game. Give them both 30 mpg. Up Lonnie's minutes. I'm sick of the bull excuses for playing this glorified g-leaguer. Tired of seeing Pop run him around screens when he's a slow, stumpy that struggles to create separation. The way he carries himself (like he's good) pisses me off. Even his stupid ass hair is annoying. He completely ruins the experience of watching games.

LMAO

i agree Forbes is getting way too many minutes. I also fear they are gonna give him a new deal. Hopefully we are wrong though

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Patty Mills was disappointing last night. Trey Lyles is starting to become one of my favorite players because of how smart he is on the court. Lonnie Walker frustrates me. He has the physical tools, but can't seem to use them correctly. Dejounte Murray can be one of the top PGs if he continues to improve his ball handling and passing.
    This,so much,this.

If you watch LW4-on defense specifically-for the entire time he's on the floor,the kid is constantly standing on the wrong spot when on off ball defense or rotating due to help defense and switches.
    Whether it's by an inch or by a mile he's not where he's supposed to be.

Sometimes his speed helps him recover and he "finds" the right player to guard and other times he gets lost and starts looking around for where to go and the entire defensive rotation is malfunctioning.
    So damn frustrating.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Or maybe the way they did it is what works instead.
    Murray had had a long leash all season.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    This,so much,this.

If you watch LW4-on defense specifically-for the entire time he's on the floor,the kid is constantly standing on the wrong spot when on off ball defense or rotating due to help defense and switches.
    Whether it's by an inch or by a mile he's not where he's supposed to be.

Sometimes his speed helps him recover and he "finds" the right player to guard and other times he gets lost and starts looking around for where to go and the entire defensive rotation is malfunctioning.
    So damn frustrating.
    His man-to-man defense is great because it allows him to put the physical tools to use, without the complications of zone or off-ball defense. He's still 20 so I'm not expecting too much from him, but he could be a much better contributor if he developed better finishing abilities and kept on practicing his shooting. He's on the tip of his potential, imo.

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Still think Pop should get no better then a C when he starts forbs.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Thanks Timpv for the grades. That was an excellent game until the very end. I think I wouldn't give anybody lower than B. Everybody stuck within their role and that's what they need. Bryn needs to shoot and he did. And he's not a closer so White closed the game for him. Walker is a defensive guy, and he did. He closed out pretty good, and stayed in front on his guy. I don't expect him to be scoring that much. Occasionally he's got that transition offense, but he needs to learn how to tuck that ball until it's in the hole. I liked Aldridge not settling on his perimeter shots, but occasionally outsmarting his defender low, even Gobert with the fake. I like Pop going back to what we knew Spurs played best, and that's defense. Spurs had the lead, and didn't give it up by closing with the best defenders. Way to go.

I seriously think this team can beat a lot of good teams, but it starts with defense. And that's we saw last night. Great win.

Thread Information