Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Walker isn't just a defensive guy.

It's just what Pop treats him as so his pets get their minutes/shots. Just like White isn't just a back-up PG that only deserves 20 mpg.

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    People here are just terrible at evaluating talent especially Murray who has shown flashes of star potential from day 1. He’s going to be a 2 way force in the league for sure and will only continue to get better given his work ethic and his want to be great mentality.
    Lolololol

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Glad murray is coming around and showing us all what he could be

Born Slippy
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

It's just what Pop treats him as so his pets get their minutes/shots. Just like White isn't just a back-up PG that only deserves 20 mpg.
    Yap its how pop wants it. There were a couple of plays run where Lonnie was involved on a curl but it had him passing to Patty on another curl. Point is he not even looking for his own.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Thanks for the grades! Great game and exceptional performances by several guys. Murray, Poeltl, and Lyles were strong. Let's hope we bring that momentum to OKC, that would be killer.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

I like Walker a lot, but he is still very raw on offense. Yup some nights he could string some shots together. He has excellent 1st step and tremendous athleticism, and can outrun anyone on transition offense. But again very raw and has no go to moves. He, however, is very good defensively now. So unless it’s an open shot, pushing transition offense, he’s there primarily for defense, rebounding, for now. Hey nephew started the same.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Murray and White have both had strong back-to-back games.

That consistency, from both, has been lacking for most of the season

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I like Walker a lot, but he is still very raw on offense. Yup some nights he could string some shots together. He has excellent 1st step and tremendous athleticism, and can outrun anyone on transition offense. But again very raw and has no go to moves. He, however, is very good defensively now. So unless it’s an open shot, pushing transition offense, he’s there primarily for defense, rebounding, for now. Hey nephew started the same.
    No go to move? Bro he can rise up over most guys on a stepback or pullup. He has a solid midrange game already. A couple times per game he "forces it", since he's so uninvolved the rest of the game, and shows off that midrange game. Those are usually just one on one moves too. Imagine if he had screens/curls that put him in more advantageous positions.

His finishing around the basket does need some work. Seems like something that will come with more minutes though.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I'm legitimately worried that Pop's parting gift will be to choose Brent over White too.

Because if Brent isn't in their long term plans why is he treated like an undisputed starter? If they value White, why is he treated like a measly back-up PG?
    How were you reacting when Manu was on the bench in his prime?

Seriously dude, White isn't going anywhere and I don't think Forbes is rated over him.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Pop looked engaged. Murray looked great...he looked confident running the offense, his stroke was solid, and his defense is getting stellar. I think LMA was really leading the troops out there, and probably deserved a little better than a C. The Jazz got very little on the interior. LMA's defensive game was pretty solid I thought. I liked Lyles game last night...he keeps getting better, to my surprise. White was good, not great...he appeared a little disjointed a couple of times on offense, but I'll take an average night from him, versus too many minutes for Mills or Forbes. I still want Walker to get more run.

Mills is a better cheerleader than regular rotation player. I love the guy, but he needs to be in that same role Steve Kerr had when Steve was a Spur. A sparkplug off the bench, but not someone who is really depended on as a 20+ minute a night contributor. He's just got too many natural weaknesses, especially on defense, that get exploited by our opponents. He's a great spot up shooter and energy guy. He's average, or somewhat below average at running an offense.

This team needs about 3 roster upgrades to be an average playoff contender. That being said, I'd love to see this group will its way into the playoffs. And who knows, this group is so unpredictable, a 10 or 12 game run of wins would shock me no differently than a 10 or 12 game losing streak. This group is impossible to predict on a nightly basis.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Thanks for the grades OP. I've missed a lot of games with other commitments lately, so they're really helpful in keeping me in touch. Cheers.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Rudy Gay has become the Brynn Forbes of the second unit. The lesser he plays, the better for the team.

You Are Not Worthy ZeusWillJudge's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Lonnie isn't playing with the fire he used to. I watched him tonight vs OKC. He's not pushing the ball like he did, he's deferring when he doesn't have to, and he's not focused on finishing. Normally I wouldn't blame a players actions on the coach, but Pop has ed with him, and it hasn't made him a better player like it was supposed to. I don't know how good he could have been by now, but gluing his ass to the bench kept us from finding out. And we probably won't find out until he's playing for a different coach.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Lonnie isn't playing with the fire he used to. I watched him tonight vs OKC. He's not pushing the ball like he did, he's deferring when he doesn't have to, and he's not focused on finishing. Normally I wouldn't blame a players actions on the coach, but Pop has ed with him, and it hasn't made him a better player like it was supposed to. I don't know how good he could have been by now, but gluing his ass to the bench kept us from finding out. And we probably won't find out until he's playing for a different coach.

Hes completely gone into a s

Thread Information