Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    6X ST MVP
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Corner probably should've called it earlier, when they saw Wilder had no legs and no shot of the one-hitter quitter coming. No sense in worsening the damage.

Take the fcking keys away baseline bum's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Fight should have been stopped as soon as his ear drum was ruptured. I cant imagine the damage that was done after that. Shame on his team tbh.
    Turns out it wasn't ruptured, just a cut in the ear that needed s ches.

My Team
    Toronto Raptors
    Post Count
    [/B]

AJ lost all what credibility he had after losing to Ruiz. He ducked Wilder, Fury will probably destroy him if they fight.
    Tyson ducked Holyfield & got sonned by Buster Douglas but still was the biggest draw.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    HIPA LAWS dictate that a fighter doesn't have to talk about medical. I'm skeptical about what his camp told ESPN. He had all the symptoms of a ruptured Eardrum.

Ask yourself, How does an Object get INTO his ear to cut it? This is damage control so as to get a quick rematch. So if he is looking for a quick rematch its because he has lost confidence and wants that last paycheck. They are already throwing Breland Under the Bus.
    He said post-fight his legs were already hurt (or something like that) before the fight. Which is probably why he was pacing so much/stretching them so much. Like ball players on the stationary bike on the sidelines. I'm guessing he over-trained.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    That’s a relief

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    Wilder and Ruiz are both property of Lou DiBella, he is their Don King type Promoter.

Matchmaking 101, two guys coming off horrible losses you match them against each other. You have to get ONE back on track and the winner goes on to gain credibility.

That Winner should take on Fury. Ideally it would be Wilder but I think that Andy Ruiz takes Wilder. I think Ruiz has a better potential to produce a classic fight with Fury(potential Ali Frazier situation) than Wilder any way. I'm curious to see how much long term damage Wilder received. He always talked like badly so I couldn't tell if he ended up like Rid Bowe did after Golota 2. He went in talking like Ali 1978 walked out talking (and still does) Ali 1999. The Wilder Fury 2 was quite similar to Golata Bowe 2 minus the Nut Shots.

The most logical path, finances aside, would be that

Wilder vs Ruiz
    Fury vs Joshua

Wilder/Ruiz vs fury

However, money talks and I think a rematch will net the biggest profit. Ruiz vs wilder might net a decent amount, possibly, but why not cash out again fighters are getting older

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Deontay Wilder Says Legs Weakened by Black History Month Costume

https://bleacherreport.com/articles/...edium=referral

Deontay Wilder is reportedly looking to get back into the ring again with Tyson Fury.

Pugmire also noted Wilder said the 45-pound costume he wore on his way into the ring weakened his legs and impacted his fighting ability.

Chris Mannix of Sports Illustrated reported a third fight would happen by the end of July.

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    Ear injury would explain why he couldn't soak fury's punches better, tbh. Boxing is all about footwork, if your equilibrium is ed you won't last.

Wilder wants the third fight, I'd expect they'll jump into it soon.

My Favorite Faded Fantasy The Gemini Method's Avatar
    My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    Ear injury would explain why he couldn't soak fury's punches better, tbh. Boxing is all about footwork, if your equilibrium is ed you won't last.

Wilder wants the third fight, I'd expect they'll jump into it soon.
    Is he known for his footwork? I don't follow boxing closely, but that injury really kept him off-balance. However, Fury came to kill.

My Team
    Boston Celtics
    Post Count
    Fury beat Wilder fair and square. Wilder was looking like amateur. No excuses

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    Is he known for his footwork? I don't follow boxing closely, but that injury really kept him off-balance. However, Fury came to kill.
    Nah, but footwork is at the core of even the most amateur of boxers. Wilder is more known for his power, explosiveness and endurance but if his footwork is off he can't roll with punches or really use his powerful right. Fury likely knew this and put everything he had into taking down wilder the second he looked damaged.

Fury is a class above as far as boxing skill goes, but he's no foreman so I'd credit the early TKO to ear damage and wilder unable to adjust.

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    in embarrassing for Wilder tbh. That's why you just stfu and only talk after you win. Now you just look like a clown smh.

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    What's up, ricardo?

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    Nice win for the white delegation

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    What's up, ricardo?

Not much, just chilling and checking and watching LBJ try to sabotage the Clipps:

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    Trez (Klutch client) not happy Clipper Nation. That makes me

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    as a casual boxing fan, that was entertaining as

and yes i know this was III. didnt want to start a new thread after the fight ended
    Last edited by spurraider21; 10-09-2021 at 11:48 PM.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

and yes i know this was III. didnt want to start a new thread after the fight ended
    It was a great fight. I have never seen 5 knock downs in 1 fight in my whole entire life. That was pretty insane to see both fighters get knock down and still get up a bunch of times.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

I almost didn’t order it, I didn’t want to waste $79 and it be a quick fight, but I remember how good a fight II was so I went ahead and ordered it. Glad I did

Watching the collapse benefactor's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I didn't see the fight but I caught a long highlight clip. I don't think Wilder could have fought any better than he did...Fury is just that ing good. He had his chance to knock Fury out but couldn't.

Fury is like that old heavy set guy you never want to get in a fight with at a bar lol. He's sneaky fast for his size and his accuracy is pinpoint. He deserves to be in the conversation with the best heavyweights of all time.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    In the end Wilder face planted

My Team
    Chicago Bulls
    Post Count
    Wilder is trained well in excuses

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I didn't see the fight but I caught a long highlight clip. I don't think Wilder could have fought any better than he did...Fury is just that ing good. He had his chance to knock Fury out but couldn't.

Fury is like that old heavy set guy you never want to get in a fight with at a bar lol. He's sneaky fast for his size and his accuracy is pinpoint. He deserves to be in the conversation with the best heavyweights of all time.
    Agreed. He's like a difficult boss out of a video game. I have never seen a guy take two knock out punches like Fury did from Wilder and just get up twice. I knew Wilder was going to lose when Fury got up the second time.

Thread Information