Post Count
    Drafting Curry/Chandler and Brand
    Eessh. 13 wins. Brutal.

https://www.basketball-reference.com.../CHI/1999.html

My Team
    Chicago Bulls
    Post Count
    Jordan bailed.....for Washington

Which was worse I guess one can debate. I always preferred the hard pull bandaid approach

6X ST MVP
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Jordan bailed.....for Washington

Which was worse I guess one can debate. I always preferred the hard pull bandaid approach
    I don't have any problem with that. Jordan ball lickers think it ruined his legacy; but the ghost-foul watered-down expansion era was already tainted.

My Team
    Chicago Bulls
    Post Count
    I don't have any problem with that. Jordan ball lickers think it ruined his legacy; but the ghost-foul watered-down expansion era was already tainted.
    His legacy did take a hit. Jordan isn't bulletproof, he was just ruthless.

6X ST MVP
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    His legacy did take a hit. Jordan isn't bulletproof, he was just ruthless.
    David Stern baby'ing him says otherwise.

My Team
    Chicago Bulls
    Post Count
    David Stern baby'ing him says otherwise.
    I recognize guys at the summit get privilege. But he climbed it fair. Plus he was great defender. Notice he chased Reggie Miller around.

6X ST MVP
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I recognize guys at the summit get privilege. But he climbed it fair. Plus he was great defender. Notice he chased Reggie Miller around.
    These are lies you have to tell yourself to ignore the reality.

My Team
    Chicago Bulls
    Post Count
    These are lies you have to tell yourself to ignore the reality.
    I do not believe Jordan got more calls than Magic or Bird. Should i?

6X ST MVP
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    All those Kobe airballs in money time.

My Team
    Dallas Mavericks
    Post Count
    Teenager with no legs late. Sorta expected, tbh.

All those Kobe airballs in money time.

6X ST MVP
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    He didn't play that many minutes, tbh. He did show good form if not composure, though. Del Harris's fault for not fostering him sooner and allowing someone like Nick Van Exel to think he's much better than he really is.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    May have raped some hotel worker before the game.

6X ST MVP
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    May have raped some hotel worker before the game.
    He learned the time-saving value of helicopter rides during his rape trial. Maybe he got his in the end.

My Team
    Toronto Raptors
    Post Count
    Honest question -- put Duncan with Smush Parker and Kwame Brown. Same roster. Does he win that series?

I know for a fact Tim does not throw a fit in game 7 the way Kobe did. But I can't say either way if he wins that series. That Laker roster was awful.
    Tim ended Shaq/Kirby & won a chip with Stephen Jackson. Kirby couldn’t close a 3-1 series with Lamar Odom who was better than any of Tim’s sidekicks. BTW, Elton Brand also pushed through Sons to 7 & would have beat them if Cassell wasn’t injured.

6X ST MVP
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Tim ended Shaq/Kirby & won a chip with Stephen Jackson. Kirby couldn’t close a 3-1 series with Lamar Odom who was better than any of Tim’s sidekicks. BTW, Elton Brand also pushed through Sons to 7 & would have beat them if Cassell wasn’t injured.
    True. Lakers were lucky to even get that far against a superior team.

6X ST MVP
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

6X ST MVP
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Pau Gasol's legacy is head of the snake for back-to-back champs.

If you need your legacy saved, then it's weak in the first place.

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    Kawahi lost in the second round but he’s the greatest player in the world with the deepest team in history ?

Give Duncan that finals mvp. The disrespect

My Team
    Toronto Raptors
    Post Count
    https://fivethirtyeight.com/features...it-wasnt-shaq/

“Yo [sob] Samaki …”Is that …?

“Maki [sob], look, you’re [sob] my boy [sob] …”
    Could that be …?
    “I [sob] just … I just [sob] …”
    That sounds like …
    “Man [sob] … I’m so [sob] sorry …”
    Kobe Bryant?
    “Maki [sob], really, I’m [sob] …”
    And is he crying?
    Walker is in his sixth NBA season, and while the one-time Louisville star has never quite lived up to the potential that made him the ninth overall pick of the 1996 draft, he has seen a lot. In no particular order: Walker’s father spent 13 years in prison for aggravated robbery. His mother battled severe alcoholism. He skipped his senior year of basketball at Whitehall-Yearling (Ohio) High because he hated the coach. He left Louisville early after being accused of using a Honda Accord given to his father by a booster. He was once arrested for driving a motorcycle more than 100 miles per hour through the streets of Columbus, Ohio. All those nuggets in time and space were jarring.
    But this … this is something Samaki Walker can’t wrap his head around.
    He continues to listen.
    “Yo, Samaki … [sob] I don’t know what [sob] I was [sob] thinking. You’re a friend, man [sob]. A good [sob] friend. I’m so [sob] sorry. I’m so [sob], so sorry. Really, just …”
    Click.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Kobe destroyed OKC ?

Kobe Bryant reportedly told Russell Westbrook not to defer to Kevin Durant on the offensive end

Bryant did whatever he could to gain a compe ive advantage during the summer of 2012

By Michael Kaskey-Blomain
    20 hrs ago1 min read

Kobe Bryant was well-known for his compe ive spirit. He would do anything that he could to gain an advantage over his opponents, apparently including trying to sow dissent within a rival team. During the 2012 Olympic Games in London, Bryant was in the ear of young Oklahoma City Thunder guard Russell Westbrook, telling him that he should be the one winning scoring les, not his Thunder teammate Kevin Durant, according to ESPN's Adrian Wojnarowski, via a recent episode of his podcast. Earlier that year, Westbrook's Thunder had bested Bryant's Lakers in the second round of the postseason.
    At that point in time, Bryant was still trying to add another championship ring to his collection with the Lakers, while the Thunder, who had a trio of future MVPs in Durant, Westbrook, and James Harden, were viewed as the top up-and-coming team in the West. The Thunder made it to the NBA Finals in 2012 but lost to the LeBron James-led Miami Heat, and then never made it back. Harden was traded to Houston the following offseason, and Durant went on to sign with Golden State as a free agent in 2016. Ironically, an inability to coexist with Westbrook on the court is thought to be a big part of the reason that Durant opted to leave Oklahoma City.
    From Wojnarowski:
    In 2012, what I remember with Kobe was he spent a lot of the – or he spent some of that – Olympics with Russell Westbrook telling Russ, "You know, you should be winning scoring les. I don't know why you're letting Kevin win scoring les. You should be the one winning them." Anything he could do to plant a little seed of dissent with two teammates, it was pretty funny.
    By playing to Westbrook's ego and pitting him against Durant in his own mind, Bryant was likely hoping to throw off the chemistry of a team that he viewed as a legitimate threat. These are the lengths that Bryant would go to in order to gain an edge. Given the level of respect that the younger generation of players has for Bryant, it's likely that Westbrook took Bryant's words to heart, at least to a degree. Bryant's plan eventually worked too, but he didn't get to reap any of the benefits. By the time that Durant walked away from Westbrook in 2016, Bryant had already retired.

My Team
    Toronto Raptors
    Post Count
    Kobe destroyed OKC ?

Kobe Bryant reportedly told Russell Westbrook not to defer to Kevin Durant on the offensive end

Bryant did whatever he could to gain a compe ive advantage during the summer of 2012

His FGAs didn’t change after ‘12 despite Harden being traded, if anything his AST% increased.

Just another Kirby urban legend

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Leave the guy alone. He’s dead.

Thread Information