Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    How does that refute what I said...he pointed out multiple seasons where pop didn't win...Lakers being amazing isn't an excuse...good teams get upset by other good teams all the time due to coaching...
    Lol since you didn't watch the Spurs during that era let me fill you in on something. We just didn't have the horses in 01. And even then we made the Conference Finals in 2001 which goes to show how amazing Duncan was at the time. We lost our starting SG, literally the only player on the team who could score by himself other than Duncan (to a lesser extent Robinson who struggled that year). We had to guard Kobe with Antonio Daniels and 38 year old Terry Porter. Elliott just came back from his kidney operation and was basically useless. Seriously, go look at the team and then come back to me with the ty " well Pop didn't beat arguably the greatest team of all time"

So you want a team with Duncan, injured Robinson, Antonio Daniels, Terry Porter, and Danny Ferry to beat the Lakers in 01? Did you even watch basketball then? They went 16-1 in the playoffs ffs. And on top of that, you're saying that Pop was at fault for us losing to them bc of his coaching?

Also in 2002 we lost Robinson due to injury that year in the playoffs and the games he did playe he really sucked. Like 5 points a game sucked. We had Tony starting and he played well for a rookie, but once again we just didn't have the personal. We were starting Steve Smith and Malik Rose. We once again had to play Danny Ferry and Terry Porter and not bc of the whole veteran bull Pop does today but literally bc we had no one else to play. But yeah Pop cost us that series

You can disagree with me and refute what I said, but trying to make your argument by saying Pop should've coached us to beat the 01 Lakers during that era might be the stupidest basketball take of all time and clearly shows you didn't watch bball during that time. Oh and they also had a hall of fame coach who won 11 Rings, maybe you've heard of him... His name is Phil Jackson

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Washed up CP3 is still >> our 4 PGs who each produce 1/4 of the production. Plus he can actually run an NBA offense. So they would have more wins than Spurs if Pop was coaching. Plus they have SGA and Schroder, also way better than our PGs.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    No...we were the favorites...we had homecourt vs both
    only a ing idiot like you could think that home court would make an inferior team the favorites in a playoff series. Look at the damn rosters. 03 Spurs were all Tim Duncan. Rest of the roster was pure garbage, none of Manu, Tony or D-Rob were anything close to their primes. Same with the 14 Spurs. Nobody on that team was in their prime, except for Danny Green, Boris Diaw and Splitter. Meanwhile the Heat had LBJ, Wade and Bosh all in their prime and role players like Ray Allen.

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    LMFAO! The ONE time he upset a better team vs all the times he lost as the favorite? GTFOH
    Uh ok how about Pheonix in 07 they were the 2nd seed and the Spurs were the 3rd seed and they beat them.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    He never won a series vs a better team... That should speak for itself... Every series won was won as the favorite... And lost multiple series as the overwhelming favorite
    Um, probably Lakers 03, Pistons 05, Thunder 14, even Heat 14 would probably be considered better teams. Heck, those Nash Suns teams And I am pretty sure we beat the Mavs as a 7th seed.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Washed up CP3 is still >> our 4 PGs who each produce 1/4 of the production. Plus he can actually run an NBA offense. So they would have more wins than Spurs if Pop was coaching. Plus they have SGA and Schroder, also way better than our PGs.
    If Pop was coaching that team they would have a worse record and we would call ALL the players trash and give Pop an out

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Um, probably Lakers 03, Pistons 05, Thunder 14, even Heat 14 would probably be considered better teams. Heck, those Nash Suns teams And I am pretty sure we beat the Mavs as a 7th seed.
    You wanting them to be better doesn't mean they were ..we had homecourt advantage and the better record...another team simply having more popular players doesn't make them better

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    So u guys honestly think the thunder would still be as good as they are right now if Pop were coaching them??

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    only a ing idiot like you could think that home court would make an inferior team the favorites in a playoff series. Look at the damn rosters. 03 Spurs were all Tim Duncan. Rest of the roster was pure garbage, none of Manu, Tony or D-Rob were anything close to their primes. Same with the 14 Spurs. Nobody on that team was in their prime, except for Danny Green, Boris Diaw and Splitter. Meanwhile the Heat had LBJ, Wade and Bosh all in their prime and role players like Ray Allen.
    It was very clear the Spurs were the favorites that series...we had the better record and we're playing better basketball...only idiots like u think having the bigger names means you're a better team... LMFAO... actually watch the games

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Uh ok how about Pheonix in 07 they were the 2nd seed and the Spurs were the 3rd seed and they beat them.
    Lol...suns would have won if Horry didn't hip check Nash into the announcers table and get Amare suspended

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    You wanting them to be better doesn't mean they were ..we had homecourt advantage and the better record...another team simply having more popular players doesn't make them better
    Your negating that Pop was the head coach that got them that home court advantage. You forgot that Pop had a say at increasing the longevity of his HOF's. You forgot that 2014 was the greatest coaching job in the NBA, perhaps ever.

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Pop is a System’s Coach. He has crafted a great system that can create great results with less talent. But this same system does not work against superior talent. You can watch games Pop have coached since the 90’s and it shows that teams with superior individual talent always created problems for us. The league now is a talent league now and systems no longer can get you over most teams. Even Atlanta won two games against us this year, why? Because of great individual talent. The NBA now is a talent league. Every playoff team has two o more above average players capable to score over 30. Pop is not a good adaptive coach as the younger coaches all over the league. He over trusts his system and his veterans. He doesn’t insert players that doesn’t follow his script. Pop’s career is ending before our eyes. Not because he is a bad coach, but because he is a coach that can’t adapt and over his own vision and creations. He no longer has the top-down talent he used to have. He limitations are clearly exposed and he still can’t accept it. He is done. Even if he coaches for 4 or more years, he will not win unless top talent join the team (will not happen) or the young guns become stars which will not happen because he doesn’t trust them.
    Last edited by NK123; 02-27-2020 at 10:15 AM.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    CP3 would be asking out tbh

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Agree. Our System was well know to be great, i.e. funneling players baseline to get blocked by our bigs, defending without fouling, moving off the ball well, not missing rotations much, PnR perfectly suited to Tony, Manu, Tim and Splitter, and the Beautiful Game based on Euroball. Sure, other teams has athleticism and better top end talent (no one says '03 TD/Parker > Kidd/Shaq/Kobe, '05 Manu > Pistons, '07 Parker > LeBroom, '14 team > Thudnerrefs/Heatles). But everyone incl. players studied the Spurs because they know our system and coaching were top notch and well suited to our players. Also why KD called Kawhi a system player. The system had tons of well-earned respect.

Problem is two-fold these days. 1. we lost all our decent talent to retirement/bone headed deals, 2. the league caught up with us and Pop has yet to evolve to the newest NBA style/arguably doesn't really have the players to do so.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Your negating that Pop was the head coach that got them that home court advantage. You forgot that Pop had a say at increasing the longevity of his HOF's. You forgot that 2014 was the greatest coaching job in the NBA, perhaps ever.
    With an offense created by his assistant coach

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    If this were happening to any other coach, we would have said they were being exposed... But now we wanna make excuses

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    With an offense created by his assistant coach
    Pop had no say? Pop did not lead the charge? Pop not responsible for all his assistance getting HC jobs?

Thread Information