Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Take the fcking keys away baseline bum's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Wow this system is going to be ridiculously good. It has a 12TFLOPS RDNA2 gpu in it with hardware accelerated RT. We're talking just a hair under 2080 Super performance in a console. And if you the XBox One version of a game you automatically get the XBox Series X version free. Not running the XB1 version in BC, you get the actual Series X version for anything cross gen. Sony has their ing work cut out for them to try to match this bas .

PC gaming where you spend $700 just for the gpu to match this power

Might have to jump to XBox if this is $600 or even $700 and PS5 disappoints.
    Last edited by baseline bum; 02-24-2020 at 08:12 PM.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I thought Microsoft was full of talking up 120 fps gaming but yeah, that's going to be a reality for a lot of games with that kind of gpu power an with an 8C/16T Zen chip.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    not gonna matter for if their only exclusives worth a are going to be halo/gears/forza

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    not gonna matter for if their only exclusives worth a are going to be halo/gears/forza
    Four things to consider.

1. They have two more very talented studios that will be making exclusives for them in Obsidian and Ninja Theory. blade by Ninja Theory was freaking great and I liked Obsidian's Fallout game (New Vegas) way more than the two Bethesda good Fallout games (let's forget 76).

2. PS4 didn't really start getting momentum towards exclusives until Spring 2017, nearly 3.5 years after launch. It took 1.5 years for the first good exclusive (Bloodborne), 2.5 years for the second (Uncharted 4), and it wasn't until 3.5 years later that the floodgates opened with Horizon Zero Dawn, NieR Automata, Persona 5, Yakuza 0, and Nioh.

3. There are some very interesting multiplats coming this year such as Cyberpunk 2077, Dying Light 2, and probably Elden Ring.

4. Microsoft confirmed any next gen upgrade to a game bought for a current gen console will be free on XSX.

So point 1 tells me XBox could have some very interesting exclusives next gen. Point 2 tells me I might be able to get away with waiting for a PS5 Slim at a reduced price. Sony usually shows off their exclusives at least 2 years before launch. So Sony's going to have to show off some big exclusives this summer I think if they can't match the Series X power so that we can bet on getting some good exclusives by early 2022. Point 3 & 4 tell me the Series X is likely a much better buy than doing a PC upgrade. LOL PC Master Race.

It'll be interesting to see Sony's counter. Whether it'll be similar power or a much lower price point. Sony's radio silence this month is a little concerning. Hopefully point 4 ensures Playstation will have to do the same in making PS5 versions of PS4 games free upgrades. Because if they're double dipping it's something that might make me buy the Series X for the early gen multiplats. I don't think they can afford to now though, it would be suicide for Playstation the same way it was for XBox One when they announced the always online DRM.

It is nice to see some real compe ion in the console space again. Either PS5 is going to be a similar level monster to XSX or it's going to need a seriously good price point. Either way we win.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Four things to consider.

1. They have two more very talented studios that will be making exclusives for them in Obsidian and Ninja Theory. blade by Ninja Theory was freaking great and I liked Obsidian's Fallout game (New Vegas) way more than the two Bethesda good Fallout games (let's forget 76).

2. PS4 didn't really start getting momentum towards exclusives until Spring 2017, nearly 3.5 years after launch. It took 1.5 years for the first good exclusive (Bloodborne), 2.5 years for the second (Uncharted 4), and it wasn't until 3.5 years later that the floodgates opened with Horizon Zero Dawn, NieR Automata, Persona 5, Yakuza 0, and Nioh.

3. There are some very interesting multiplats coming this year such as Cyberpunk 2077, Dying Light 2, and probably Elden Ring.

4. Microsoft confirmed any next gen upgrade to a game bought for a current gen console will be free on XSX.

So point 1 tells me XBox could have some very interesting exclusives next gen. Point 2 tells me I might be able to get away with waiting for a PS5 Slim at a reduced price. Sony usually shows off their exclusives at least 2 years before launch. So Sony's going to have to show off some big exclusives this summer I think if they can't match the Series X power so that we can bet on getting some good exclusives by early 2022. Point 3 & 4 tell me the Series X is likely a much better buy than doing a PC upgrade. LOL PC Master Race.

It'll be interesting to see Sony's counter. Whether it'll be similar power or a much lower price point. Sony's radio silence this month is a little concerning. Hopefully point 4 ensures Playstation will have to do the same in making PS5 versions of PS4 games free upgrades. Because if they're double dipping it's something that might make me buy the Series X for the early gen multiplats. I don't think they can afford to now though, it would be suicide for Playstation the same way it was for XBox One when they announced the always online DRM.

It is nice to see some real compe ion in the console space again. Either PS5 is going to be a similar level monster to XSX or it's going to need a seriously good price point. Either way we win.
    ive actually heard very good things about blade, and i'll probably pick that up at some point down the line. didnt know their devs were working on a poorbox exclusive.

i think im in the mionrity on this from what youve said and from what i read online, but i preferred fallout 3 to new vegas quite a bit, and i played both of them within the last year and a half or so. i think fallout 3 was one of the greatest games of that gen

honestly i've mostly been a playstation person because of the familiarity with the controller. i dont like the feel of the xbox, so it really just comes down to that. PS4 just happened to have a lot of monster exclusives which made it even more of a slam dunk buy

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    ive actually heard very good things about blade, and i'll probably pick that up at some point down the line. didnt know their devs were working on a poorbox exclusive.
    They're a Microsoft studio now. It's not just one exclusive, everything they do is a Microsoft exclusive from here on out. Same for Obsidian.

i think im in the mionrity on this from what youve said and from what i read online, but i preferred fallout 3 to new vegas quite a bit, and i played both of them within the last year and a half or so. i think fallout 3 was one of the greatest games of that gen
    You're not alone in your opinion, there are plenty who like 3 better. I think FO3 was one of the great games of last gen too, but NV had more going on it in I think. Liked the story better, more weapon customization, and I thought the DLC was far superior to FO3s. Not nostalgia speaking for me either since I first played them both in 2014. Actually back to back too. And then Fallout 4 at launch, which I thought was very solid but nowhere near as good as either 3 or NV.

honestly i've mostly been a playstation person because of the familiarity with the controller. i dont like the feel of the xbox, so it really just comes down to that. PS4 just happened to have a lot of monster exclusives which made it even more of a slam dunk buy
    I like both controllers personally, though if I had to pick a favorite controller all-time I'd say the Dualshock 2 just edges out the XBox 360 controller. Except the D-pad on the 360 controller, that thing was . Though D-pad isn't that important these days outside of 2D indie games, which I prefer playing on Switch anyways.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    They're a Microsoft studio now. It's not just one exclusive, everything they do is a Microsoft exclusive from here on out. Same for Obsidian.
    didnt know that

You're not alone in your opinion, there are plenty who like 3 better. I think FO3 was one of the great games of last gen too, but NV had more going on it in I think. Liked the story better, more weapon customization, and I thought the DLC was far superior to FO3s. Not nostalgia speaking for me either since I first played them both in 2014. Actually back to back too. And then Fallout 4 at launch, which I thought was very solid but nowhere near as good as either 3 or NV.
    i admittedly originally played fallout 3 around the time it came out, it was one of the first games i picked up on the ps3. i played the ps3 until near the end of its cycle and they i stopped gaming during late college and thru law school until about 2018, when i blew the dust off my ps3 and replayed fallout 3. i then ended up picking up new vegas and playing through that right before picking up the ps4 on black friday that year

so my preference of fallout 3 may very well be nostialgic, but i still played those 2 games basically consecutively and still think the capital wasteland is right up there as the GOAT setting/atmosphere for a game

I like both controllers personally, though if I had to pick a favorite controller all-time I'd say the Dualshock 2 just edges out the XBox 360 controller. Except the D-pad on the 360 controller, that thing was . Though D-pad isn't that important these days outside of 2D indie games, which I prefer playing on Switch anyways.
    i think the original xbox controller was just way too big when i was growing up, and then it just became a familiarity/muscle memory thing with the dualshock vs even the 360 controller. the triggers on the xbox controllers were too far back, imo

i think the worst controllers of all time go to the nintendo consoles not including handhelds

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Yeah, I can attest that CPU and GPU are very solid.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    GOW5 and TLOU will single handedly bury this console either way.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Oh wait..TLOU2 is coming out before that.

Oh well, Kratos can handle it.

A neverending cycle Trainwreck2100's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Four things to consider.

Whoever win the console war this gen won't be based on exclusives or power, it will be based on price, it's going to come down to how much of a hit MS is willing to take for each system

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Whoever win the console war this gen won't be based on exclusives or power, it will be based on price, it's going to come down to how much of a hit MS is willing to take for each system
    Games are much more important than price. In three years the full fat Switch (not counting sales of the Switch Lite) has passed the XBox One lifetimes sales despite XBox One being below $300 pretty much the entire time the Switch has been on the market. Microsoft almost certainly will have the cheapest console on the market with Lockhart though, which I imagine will be a Series X but with a gpu targeting 1080p and a small ssd (say 500GB).

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    aren't these consoles regularly sold at a loss anyway?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    aren't these consoles regularly sold at a loss anyway?
    Usually with MS and Sony.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    My most anticipated game right now is Ori and the Will of the Wisps!

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I usually don't jump into the next gen right away, and will probably do the same here to see how everything shakes out with exclusives, etc. Usually after the first price drop I'm ready to buy. The free upgrade to series x versions of games is a huge selling point IMO and would promote brand loyalty. Hopefully Sony follows suit.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    the last time amd released anything with hbm2 was a pos card and over priced, should fix their driver issues first then talk about trying to compete toe to toe with ngreedia

TRU 'cross mah stomach LaMarcus Bryant's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    boy oh boy cryHavoc gonna have to stroke it nice and hard to put this gaming device next to his latest $3000 gaming PC

Spurs Fan
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Gamers who buy Cyberpunk 2077 on the current Xbox will be able to get the Xbox Series X version for free once it releases.
    Source: https://www.vgr.com/cyberpunk-2077-x...yers-xbox-one/

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Full specs released. Where the is the PS5?

My Team
    Dallas Mavericks
    Post Count
    Full specs released. Where the is the PS5?

Thoughts tbh?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Thoughts tbh?
    Gonna sell like in the middle of another great depression imo

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

My Team
    Boston Celtics
    Post Count
    Gonna sell like in the middle of another great depression imo
    Don’t be so sure, I just bought an Xbox One after not playing video games for years because I’m stuck at home not doing anything and the coworkers I’m friends with are playing COD all day

Kinda a dumb purchase though if there’s going to be another Xbox soon

Thread Information