Page 12 of 63 FirstFirst ... 289101112131415162262 ... LastLast
    My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    It's generally advisable not to get too excited about one day tallies, but the last two weeks have been unusually roller-coasterish. Last time we saw volatility like this was the end of 2018.
    There are a lot of factors to disrupt the market, Corona virus, elections coming, dems dropping out, fed rate cut, etc. It'll be another month before we see where the markets will trend. I don't see a major stall soon, but I don't make my money as an economist

Good time to be a day trader, though.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Another Friday massacre incoming as fears of US political elite could be infected. Blood on
    the Streets

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    It's generally advisable not to get too excited about one day tallies
    but if one has been tipped off?

Su ions on CME about $500M made on e-minis just before Fed made a positive announcement last Friday afternoon. Not bad for few hours of possibly criminal "work".

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    but if one has been tipped off?

Su ions on CME about $500M made on e-minis just before Fed made a positive announcement last Friday afternoon. Not bad for few hours of possibly criminal "work".
    ye olde insider trading?

it's a good bet someone out there has the gumption.

10 year Treasury notes dipped below 0.7% last night, an all time low. Market is spooked.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    New York (CNN Business)The US economy added 273,000 jobs in February, the US Bureau of Labor Statistics said Friday.

This was far more than economists had predicted. Leading the gains were new jobs in health care and social assistance, food services and government, where 7,000 people were hired for the April Census.
    The unemployment rate fell back to the historic low 3.5%.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    With unemployment so low, it's a wonder so many people are struggling to get by.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    https://finance.yahoo.com/news/globa...004516671.html

... there is your self-reinforcing feedback loop.

Slow down will hit US about the time of the election. 2Q and 3Q will have been closed by then.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    With unemployment so low, it's a wonder so many people are struggling to get by.
    45 year long War on Employees

Federal judge just blocked San Antonio's ordinance for paid sick leave, handing the SA business warriors another battle.

I expect the SCOTEX BigCorp-elected s to crush any cities trying help their citizens, like Repugs did to block Tesla and block municipal broadband.
    Last edited by boutons_deux; 03-06-2020 at 09:31 AM.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    10 year treasuries fall below 0.7%. Negative rates here we come.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    https://finance.yahoo.com/news/globa...004516671.html

... there is your self-reinforcing feedback loop.

Slow down will hit US about the time of the election. 2Q and 3Q will have been closed by then.
    Instead of the Fed (and central banks around the world) pushing on a string, perhaps fiscal stimulus should be considered. Seems odd political solutions are presumptively ruled out.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Another Friday massacre incoming as fears of US political elite could be infected. Blood on
    the Streets
    called it

governments are being stupid by not telling citizens the truth. Everyone will get the virus but its not as bad as its painted. Once everyone figures this out, the markets will stabilize and move on

But idiots are hiding the truth while saying its gonna be ok. that = uncertainty thus the panic

come out and say it. this is not going to be stopped but its just a very strong flu

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    This is a meaningless statement. Who is struggling to get by? Are they employed? Do they want to be?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    This is a meaningless statement. Who is struggling to get by? Are they employed? Do they want to be?
    Meaningless to you perhaps.

Aggregate employment rates don't give a good picture of overall financial precarity, declining fortunes and declining quality of life in the USA since the 2008 crash, that's all.

What good is it if theoretical full employment levels leave half the country is unable to incur an unexpected 500 dollar expense without being wiped out? One third of baby boomers approaching retirement age have between zero and 25,000 in retirement savings.

my unders, my frgn whites pgardn's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    If this stat is true:

Lower 50% in income pay 3% of taxes.
    Upper 50% pay 97%

So half of our working public pay only 3%

We have a lot of lazy people or...
    Something about income and income tax is very off balance.

Where the fck is the middle class? Wtf does middle class even mean?
    Last edited by pgardn; 03-06-2020 at 11:10 AM.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    One third of baby boomers approaching retirement age have between zero and 25,000 in retirement savings.
    That's on them. I lost more than that this week, ~35K.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    You're wrong, the social costs will be borne by you and me.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Meaningless to you perhaps.

Aggregate employment rates don't give a good picture of overall financial precarity, declining fortunes and declining quality of life in the USA since the 2008 crash, that's all.

What good is it if theoretical full employment levels leave half the country is unable to incur an unexpected 500 dollar expense without being wiped out? One third of baby boomers approaching retirement age have between zero and 25,000 in retirement savings.
    Yup. Unemployment is so low because people have to work 2-3 jobs just to make ends meet.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Yup. Unemployment is so low because people have to work 2-3 jobs just to make ends meet.
    a few hours / day and not every day, eg, rideshare driving, is considered "employed", aka, The Working Poor who Repugs screw at every chance

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Can't blame this latest fall on Bernie Sanders.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Think about this post for a minute.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    a few hours / day and not every day, eg, rideshare driving, is considered "employed", aka, The Working Poor who Repugs screw at every chance
    Dems have been screwing them hard too, austerity is a bipartisan sport.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Think about this post for a minute.
    What conclusion did you just draw?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    What conclusion did you just draw?
    Tell me how Trill's multiple jobs affects (1) the number of unemployed workers or (2) the total labor force?

my unders, my frgn whites pgardn's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    You and I can make this up in working income very easily. We took a paper loss at this point, let’s cry.

Half the people in this country take a hit like this out of pocket?
    And you throw out this basically white male problem expecting this to seem like it should hurt or not? Which is it?

I personally do not like the idea of wealth redistribution with the unknown ramifications.

But If you refuse to at least look at the stats as they exist and blame it on simple laziness... you don’t give a fck about this country. That is such a red team excuse and it’s just ridiculous. Find a cheating poor bum scamming the system before looking for a multi millionaire and cheating accounting, that’ll do it for you. Rationalization completed, you feel fine.

“Dammit I hate taxes” Meanwhile the entire fleet of trucks this person owns, uses and tears up federally funded highways moving all his product to an Amazon warehouse.

Boo fckn hoo...

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Tell me how Trill's multiple jobs affects (1) the number of unemployed workers or (2) the total labor force?
    I can see why you'd ask that, but I'm not sure that's what Trill meant to say. Underemployed people count as employed, and we got a lot of em.

Thread Information