Page 3 of 63 FirstFirst 12345671353 ... LastLast
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The dollars don't flow from poor to rich. Jeff Bezo's billions of amazon stock didn't cost you anything.
    we are talking %s not $ amount tbqh

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    84% of the value in all those stocks are owned by the top 10th percentile. The bottom 80% only own ~7% of the value. So if we're looking at who's really taking a severe hit from this, it really is the top of the foodchain.

(as a side note, this is also indicative how speculation in the bond/futures market is generally considered a much better investment (shorter term, less risk, higher yield) than creating jobs and the whole trickle down meme)

No doubt that a significant percent of the market is concentrated in Amazon, Apple, Google, Microsoft, and Facebook.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    84% of the value in all those stocks are owned by the top 10th percentile. The bottom 80% only own ~7% of the value. So if we're looking at who's really taking a severe hit from this, it really is the top of the foodchain.

(as a side note, this is also indicative how speculation in the bond/futures market is generally considered a much better investment (shorter term, less risk, higher yield) than creating jobs and the whole trickle down meme)
    I guess it depends on what you mean by "severe". It has much more of a negative impact on the bottom 80% imo. Losing even $50,000 could significantly impact the life of the average Joe way more than Gates losing a few hundred million. Or even a billion.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I guess it depends on what you mean by "severe". It has much more of a negative impact on the bottom 80% imo. Losing even $50,000 could significantly impact the life of the average Joe way more than Gates losing a few hundred million. Or even a billion.
    boom bingo

if a 60 year old couple loses 20% of their retirement savings they could be ed. which is what happened in 08

if Bezos loses 20% is it gonna affect him? not really he might fire a few thousand ppl to make it up or declare bankrupcy which is what Trump did multiple times

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

”bend over- you’ll KNOW what - severe- means!”

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    we are talking %s not $ amount tbqh
    So you agree that wealth doesn't flow directly from the poor to the rich? That Bezo's net worth going up doesn't make your net worth go down?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    So you agree that wealth doesn't flow directly from the poor to the rich? That Bezo's net worth going up doesn't make your net worth go down?
    wealth % does

so if 10 years ago the rich had 40% of the wealth and now they own 70% then you say wealth % flowed to the rich making them richer and the poor poorer

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    wealth % does

so if 10 years ago the rich had 40% of the wealth and now they own 70% then you say wealth % flowed to the rich making them richer and the poor poorer
    Your premise is not logical. The dollars did not flow from the poor to the wealthy.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Your premise is not logical. The dollars did not flow from the poor to the wealthy.
    nobody said the dollars flowed

the % of total wealth did

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Using Hater logic, The Hispanic population in the USA grew from 8.8% in 1990 to 19.4% in 2019. That must mean that all other races had to die off and lose population since the percentage of hispanics grew.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    nobody said the dollars flowed

the % of total wealth did
    So you agree that the wealthy didn't make everyone else poorer? The wealth of the 1% didn't affect the wealth of the 99% at all?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    So you agree that the wealthy didn't make everyone else poorer? The wealth of the 1% didn't affect the wealth of the 99% at all?
    who said that? stop making up

I said the poor now own less of total wealth than they did 10 years ago and so on

and the trend is intensifying

I see that you dont have a problem with that and that its all good. but most americans disagree with you.

if the trend continues the richest of americans say top 5% will own 99.99% of total wealth

yeah that sounds great

you dont see a problem there? which group will be more powerful then? which will control which?

what happens when a group is infinitely more powerful than the other? they can outspend them on anything for example: elections?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

I said the poor now own less of total wealth than they did 10 years ago and so on

I see that you dont have a problem with that and that its all good. but most americans disagree with you.

if the trend continues the richest of americans say top 5% will own 99.99% of total wealth

yeah that sounds great

you dont see a problem there? which group will be more powerful then? which will control which?

what happens when a group is infinitely more powerful than the other? they can outspend them on anything for example: elections?
    All of the real gains in wealth of our economy have flowed from poor workers to the richest people in the country. It is open class warfare by the wealthy on everyone else, and they are winning while useful idiots like Darrin pretend that this is sustainable or even healthy for the economy.
    I replied:
    That's oversimplified bull . Wealth is not a finite pie where someone has to lose in order for someone else to gain.
    you replied:
    lol its not BS

of course wealth at any given point in time is finite and measurable

% of the pie goes from non rich to rich is measurable and visible over time
    So you said it and I shoved it right back up your ass.

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    Another knee jerk reaction to stocks, hater?

The market is the same way, it doesn't reflect economic issues or prosperity day by day, but rather by trends. 1600pts isn't what it used to be either

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The poor work for pennies, and the excess/surplus value of that labor is hoovered/appropriated up as extra profits for the wealthy, rather than benefiting the people who produced the goods and services.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I replied:

you replied:

So you said it and I shoved it right back up your ass.
    money is power especially with elections

when one groups power grows to 99% and the other shrinks to 1% then theres a problem

good luck being happy being a controlled puppet

most americans are waking up meanwhile you are in the deep sleep stage

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Another knee jerk reaction to stocks, hater?

The market is the same way, it doesn't reflect economic issues or prosperity day by day, but rather by trends. 1600pts isn't what it used to be either
    no just mocking Trumps stupid tweet

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The poor work for pennies, and the excess/surplus value of that labor is hoovered/appropriated up as extra profits for the wealthy, rather than benefiting the people who produced the goods and services.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    All of the real gains in wealth of our economy have flowed from poor workers to the richest people in the country. It is open class warfare by the wealthy on everyone else, and they are winning while useful idiots like Darrin pretend that this is sustainable or even healthy for the economy.
    That's oversimplified bull . Wealth is not a finite pie where someone has to lose in order for someone else to gain.
    Didn't say it was a finite pie. Re-read it.

"the real gains in wealth", i.e. the growth in wealth is not being distributed to the majority of the people working in the economy. Those gains are quite finite and measurable, and we can see who gets the biggest share of it, by simply seeing whose wealth is increasing as the economy grows.

Wages for most people are flat or even declining if you factor in education/health care, while profits and stockpiled cash in corporations have hit record levels. Rather than raising wages, we have stock buy backs. The people deciding that are the people who are already paid hundreds or thousands of times more than their average worker.

Still Hates Small Ball Spurminator's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    money is power especially with elections
    If we reform election finance laws to control the influence of the wealthy then I don't really have a problem with someone making eleventy billion dollars.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    If we reform election finance laws to control the influence of the wealthy then I don't really have a problem with someone making eleventy billion dollars.
    there are still problems with corruption, monopolies, etc

but that would be a great start

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Now who is doing the oversimplified bull ?

Can't argue facts, go for the emotions. (shrug) Your choice. Your lack of personal responsibility.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    no just mocking Trumps stupid tweet
    I don't think it should be mentioned at all, tbh. Biggest threat Corona has for us is panic and the shortages it can cause. Drawing unnessary attention to it serves no benefit to the country.

However, it can get worse. Maybe mutate into something that'll kill more healthy people.

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

yeah that sounds great

they can also turn the usa into South Africa -

where a minority of whites - RULED - over a Majority of blacks -

gerrymandering, cheating on election, stacking the courts, attacking/controlling the media/suppressing accurate news info -

sound familiar?

Thread Information