Page 50 of 63 FirstFirst ... 4046474849505152535460 ... LastLast
Results 1,226 to 1,250 of 1573
    Alleged Michigander ChumpDumper's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    That's a lot of yapping to say you've done nothing.
    Actually it's my choosing not to entertain your straw man deflection nor give you any personal information. If you want some personal information, just ask. No need for your soap opera scheming.

You don't think it's a big deal. That's all you ever had to say.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Look, it's not that we all haven't done our part by staying home these past few weeks, but the hospitals being overwhelmed throughout the country didn't happen. Now it's time to think about the 30+ million who will face other problems - hunger, poverty, mental health issues, suicide. That is not going to happen with us sitting on the sofa whining about the death count, and the virus isn't going away anytime soon. The governors/mayors have to find a balance between letting people out/work and keeping the hospital situation under control.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Shout out to De Santis who has done a marvelous job with covid-19 and FL - considering how many seniors we have - I haven't heard anything about breakouts at The Villages or Century Village or any specific elderly community.

The other governors should do something similar - target the nursing homes/senior communities instead of what Cuomo did - sending covid patients back into them. I seriously don't know how this guy can be getting praise - those New Yorkers should be railing against him but then who knows - they voted him in and want that kind of government.

Take the fcking keys away baseline bum's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Shout out to De Santis who has done a marvelous job with covid-19 and FL - considering how many seniors we have - I haven't heard anything about breakouts at The Villages or Century Village or any specific elderly community.

The other governors should do something similar - target the nursing homes/senior communities instead of what Cuomo did - sending covid patients back into them. I seriously don't know how this guy can be getting praise - those New Yorkers should be railing against him but then who knows - they voted him in and want that kind of government.
    Oh yeah ing marvelous job by DeSantis and your former crook of a governor Scott with your unemployment system disaster. Or more accurately, your unemployment system working exactly as designed.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Oh yeah ing marvelous job by DeSantis and your former crook of a governor Scott with your unemployment system disaster. Or more accurately, your unemployment system working exactly as designed.
    Please, it's not like De Santis is personally responsible for the antiquated system - it was there long before him - same as NJ begging COBOL programmers to come help them for free?

It's ironic since my work place deals with this daily - all the new, fuzzy third party packages bought to "look" good (with their pretty graphics and reports) with the old mainframe behind it - daily sending out/getting back the real info. What's gonna happen to the IRS and government en ies when all these COBOL programmers retire?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Please, it's not like De Santis is personally responsible for the antiquated system - it was there long before him - same as NJ begging COBOL programmers to come help them for free?

It's ironic since my work place deals with this daily - all the new, fuzzy third party packages bought to "look" good (with their pretty graphics and reports) with the old mainframe behind it - daily sending out/getting back the real info. What's gonna happen to the IRS and government en ies when all these COBOL programmers retire?
    Bull , that system was bought to make it difficult to get unemployment and worked exactly as designed.

My Team
    Boston Celtics
    Post Count

Give me a break, if De Santis were caught having sex with an 8 year old boy you’d find a way to defend it. Florida’s management of this problem has been a ing disaster given how few people are getting unemployment benefits.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Bull , that system was bought to make it difficult to get unemployment and worked exactly as designed.
    I doubt that Florida's unemployment system was "bought" - more likely it was developed in-house by COBOL programmers (like ours) with the intention of one day getting off the mainframe. That's the line given - "we'll be off the mainframe in 5 years" - which will never happen - too much specialized reports/functions for a one size fits all system to cover and not enough money to buy it (if one existed).

Not to mention the existing workers have enough on their hands than to be digging into old programs for business rules in order to even get specifications for a new system and every year, more and more programmers retire taking with them 30+ year old KNOWLEDGE that can't be replaced. My supervisor retires next year, and I don't know if I want to be around when she leaves - it's like stacked cards/Jenga - mile long processes to run and if something goes wrong - how to recover - it's a disaster waiting to happen.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Give me a break, if De Santis were caught having sex with an 8 year old boy you’d find a way to defend it. Florida’s management of this problem has been a ing disaster given how few people are getting unemployment benefits.
    Ohhhhh, I thought you guys' measure was the number of deaths. Funny how the goal posts now switch to unemployment benefits - how convenient and what a joke.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I doubt that Florida's unemployment system was "bought" - more likely it was developed in-house by COBOL programmers (like ours) with the intention of one day getting off the mainframe. That's the line given - "we'll be off the mainframe in 5 years" - which will never happen - too much specialized reports/functions for a one size fits all system to cover and not enough money to buy it (if one existed).

Not to mention the existing workers have enough on their hands than to be digging into old programs for business rules in order to even get specifications for a new system and every year, more and more programmers retire taking with them 30+ year old KNOWLEDGE that can't be replaced. My supervisor retires next year, and I don't know if I want to be around when she leaves - it's like stacked cards/Jenga - mile long processes to run and if something goes wrong - how to recover - it's a disaster waiting to happen.
    Governor Medicare Fraud got the exact system he wanted.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Governor Medicare Fraud got the exact system he wanted.
    I'm not sure to which governor you are referring, but I would bet money that the existing FL system is DECADES old.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I'm not sure to which governor you are referring
    Yeah and you're a black jamaican

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Yeah and you're a black jamaican
    You're the one who assumed that all Jamaicans are black - I never said I was black.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    You're the one who assumed that all Jamaicans are black - I never said I was black.
    off Wild Cobra

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I'm not sure to which governor you are referring, but I would bet money that the existing FL system is DECADES old.
    Rick Scott

Before he became FL governor the company he ran ripped off FL for billions:

https://www.sun-sentinel.com/opinion...002-story.html

While he was governor, he made it harder for people to get unemployment:

https://www.politico.com/states/flor...-trump-1271172

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Bloody Friday coming up nigas

A trifectA of crisis boiling up:
    - pandemic with 25% unemployment
    - riots in us metro and racial crisis
    - us about to strip hong kong special status shooting themselves in the foot

Blood on the streets

Calling it

Still Hates Small Ball Spurminator's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Bloody Friday coming up nigas

A trifectA of crisis boiling up:
    - pandemic with 25% unemployment
    - riots in us metro and racial crisis
    - us about to strip hong kong special status shooting themselves in the foot

Blood on the streets

Calling it
    Nailed it.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I was completely wrong

Weird cause I thought the media aphorism go crazy about Hong Kong loss of status. And the markets go crazy

I cannot explain it

My bad

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Oh btw us ed up doing that move with hk

They basically gave up their only leverage eith hk

It's game over for us

What a stupid move.

More stupid than us leaving the who

Americans are so ed

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    That’s Manolo Falco, Citigroup’s C, -2.54% co-head of investment banking, explaining to the Financial Timeswhy he believes the firm’s corporate clients should raise as much cash as possible before the reality of the pandemic sinks in for investors.

“As the second quarter comes along and we start seeing the pain, and the collateral effects of that,” Falco continued, “we think this is going to be much tougher than it looks.”

Called it

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    That’s Manolo Falco, Citigroup’s C, -2.54% co-head of investment banking, explaining to the Financial Timeswhy he believes the firm’s corporate clients should raise as much cash as possible before the reality of the pandemic sinks in for investors.

“As the second quarter comes along and we start seeing the pain, and the collateral effects of that,” Falco continued, “we think this is going to be much tougher than it looks.”

Called it
    I just read a take that the economy is churning though.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Millions, ordered to shelter in place and declared non-essential, can't afford rent.

Mass default and homelessness are well within the visible horizon. In housing crisis 2.0 investors will soon devour housing stock of distressed owners at bargain prices for the second time in eleven years.

That's a hard knock on everyone trying to build equity. One that was largely avoidable.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I just read a take that the economy is churning though.
    CBO estimates Q2 as an ~ 30% GDP drop, annualized.

The Q3-Q4 projections are charmingly rose-tinted.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    CBO estimates Q2 as an ~ 30% GDP drop, annualized.

The Q3-Q4 projections are charmingly rose-tinted.
    FrostKing thinks everything is going back to normal in ~2 months.

Thread Information