Page 10 of 63 FirstFirst ... 678910111213142060 ... LastLast
    Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I used to be heavily invested in that fund, but since I'm getting older, I switched to one that's a big less aggressive. I can't remember the name of it, but it's based on a year range when you expect to retire, so it's something like 2035 Fund. And it's supposed to taper allocation to stocks as you approach retirement.
    I did the opposite. Started in target retirement fund and switched entirely to growth following the great recession. Interest rates still aren't attractive enough for me to put any money on bonds again. In a decade I'll start considering when to begin the move into annuities. Hopefully things go well enough and we won't need to worry about growth anymore.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    My T.Rowe Price account didn't take too much of a hit. Good manager, I suppose.
    thanks for the input

I guess we can chalk this week as a nothing happened week

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Noted, and thanks. Been busy in the last year, so have tuned out of a lot of news.
    Here's an article you might find interesting regarding margin calls

Gold Joins the Virus Sell-Off With Its Biggest Slide Since 2013
    https://www.bloomberg.com/news/artic...ince-june-2013
    “It’s bloodshed,” Commerzbank AG analyst Carsten Fritsch said by phone Friday. “It first started with forced selling from equity investors who also sold their gold positions to cover their losses in equities and also to cover margin calls. Gold investors don’t want to sell but are forced to cover the losses in other asset classes.”

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Here's an article you might find interesting regarding margin calls

Gold Joins the Virus Sell-Off With Its Biggest Slide Since 2013
    https://www.bloomberg.com/news/artic...ince-june-2013
    I got into some gold early in this Coronavirus thing. Wondered what the happened.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    dow futures up

there will probably be an uptick next early monday and depending if no more hotspots reported in US it will probably keep going up for a while

i have few thousand to throw in at these bargain prices. just not sure yet

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    dow futures up

there will probably be an uptick next early monday and depending if no more hotspots reported in US it will probably keep going up for a while

I think I called this right in saying that "good news" over this weekend would essentially be anything other than catastrophic news, lol. This week could still be shaky but I wouldn't be surprised by a big rally near the end of it.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I think I called this right in saying that "good news" over this weekend would essentially be anything other than catastrophic news, lol. This week could still be shaky but I wouldn't be surprised by a big rally near the end of it.
    yeah Cosmiccowboy might finally be right and its a good time to buy now

i guess worst case many hotspots develop in Americas including latin america and its game over but at that point stock market and a few thousand $ would be least of our worries

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    what company would you drop some cash early monday nigs? google? apple? or?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Way to early to put anything into futures. Your as likely to wake up tomorrow morning and it’s down 300.

Spurs Fan
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    dow futures up

There is no volume right now. Futures aren't indicative till 3-4 hours before market opening.

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

3M

(masks)

and

Clorox

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I'll be buying FANG this week. Hoping it hits low $50's on more panic

Edit: Should be more clear. I'll start scaling in this week. Will continue buying lower and back up to $75. Price target $150 in next 12-18 months.
    Last edited by SnakeBoy; 03-01-2020 at 01:23 PM.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    3M

(masks)

and

Clorox

what company makes bodybags?

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

what company makes bodybags?

lol

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Overnight futures just out. Down 300

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The Dow closed 1,293.96 points higher, or 5.1%, at 26,703.32. The move on a percentage basis was the Dow’s biggest since March 2009. It was the largest-ever points gain for the 30-stock average.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The Dow finished up 1,294 points, or 5.1%, making it its best one-day point gain on record. On a percentage basis, Monday was its best day since March 2009

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The Dow closed 1,293.96 points higher, or 5.1%, at 26,703.32. The move on a percentage basis was the Dow’s biggest since March 2009. It was the largest-ever points gain for the 30-stock average.
    direct result of biden endorsements tbh

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    The stock market doesn't directly gauge the health of the economy, I don't know why people go crazy over it tbh. I understand trump uses it for political gain, but it makes no sense for somebody to point at a bad week and yell recession.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The stock market doesn't directly gauge the health of the economy, I don't know why people go crazy over it tbh. I understand trump uses it for political gain, but it makes no sense for somebody to point at a bad week and yell recession.
    its not like stock market crashes had anything to do with the great recession or depression or anything

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    its not like stock market crashes had anything to do with the great recession or depression or anything
    Well, it's not.

The stock market tanked, it has always and will always do that because it reacts to the economy on a day to day basis and if everything was roses we'd have an asinine amount of wealth.

The great depression is connected to the crash of the stock market just because that's when people realized the hole they dug. Years of growing consumption suddenly halted for various reasons and the stocks didn't jump back because of other factors (some say the fed, some say central planning). If consumption stops, businesses keep operating as if it hadn't stopped, hits the fan.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    dow futures up

called it

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Did you throw in?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Well, it's not.

The stock market tanked, it has always and will always do that because it reacts to the economy on a day to day basis and if everything was roses we'd have an asinine amount of wealth.

The great depression is connected to the crash of the stock market just because that's when people realized the hole they dug. Years of growing consumption suddenly halted for various reasons and the stocks didn't jump back because of other factors (some say the fed, some say central planning). If consumption stops, businesses keep operating as if it hadn't stopped, hits the fan.
    Of course that's your theory. You're a first year grad student. Next year you'll be in here quoting Gordon Wood, talking about how the capitalist effects of market economy was sexual way back in the Precambrian era. (I forgot the quote lol)

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    yeah Cosmiccowboy might finally be right and its a good time to buy now

i guess worst case many hotspots develop in Americas including latin america and its game over but at that point stock market and a few thousand $ would be least of our worries
    There will still be bad days and huge supply disruptions. China is shut down and is a huge part of the worldwide economy. It could easily push us into a worldwide recession even if the covid19 doesnt get bad here. A few million worldwide will probably die, but within 2-4 years we should develop a herd resistance to the virus and good times will roll again. Most of you are young and should be investing for a long term view and some good stocks will be on sale for awhile.

Thread Information