Page 4 of 63 FirstFirst 123456781454 ... LastLast
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    So you agree that wealth doesn't flow directly from the poor to the rich? That Bezo's net worth going up doesn't make your net worth go down?
    Can't get lower than zero.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I don't think it should be mentioned at all, tbh. Biggest threat Corona has for us is panic and the shortages it can cause. Drawing unnessary attention to it serves no benefit to the country.

However, it can get worse. Maybe mutate into something that'll kill more healthy people.
    Some positive things can come from it other than test results. It can create business opportunities in the US for things we depend on China to produce and ship. It can serve as a reminder that the US needs to be able to become self sufficient, producing our own goods, not just a service industry.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I don't think it should be mentioned at all, tbh. Biggest threat Corona has for us is panic and the shortages it can cause. Drawing unnessary attention to it serves no benefit to the country.

However, it can get worse. Maybe mutate into something that'll kill more healthy people.
    there are too many unknowns to say this is not a big deal

its highly contagious and kill rate similar to 1918 flu that killed millions. at some point the antiviral drugs will run out. the vaccine will take minimum 1 year

hopefully you are right but latest news which crashed the market are not good:
    - tests turn out to be not reliable
    - Immunology US chief said this will affect most americans
    - WHO just said its possible 2/3 of the cases have gone undetected

the next 3-4 weeks will be critical. if more hotspots are generated then its out of control and a big deal

lol Trump

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Your premise is not logical. The dollars did not flow from the poor to the wealthy.
    Sure it did.

Compensation decoupled from productivity around 1980.

Owners have been screwing labor for forty years.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Sure it did.

Compensation decoupled from productivity around 1980.

Owners have been screwing labor for forty years.
    Capital impoverishing Labor started in the mid-70s, and the 1945 - 75 Golden Age of the well paid, comfortable middle class ended.

Capital started busting unions, which continues today, since unions were the only power that could stand up to Capital.

Then St Ronnie the Diseased busted the air controllers union, making the Warfare on Labor, both blatant and official govt approved policy.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

its highly contagious and kill rate similar to 1918 flu that killed millions. at some point the antiviral drugs will run out. the vaccine will take minimum 1 year

the next 3-4 weeks will be critical. if more hotspots are generated then its out of control and a big deal

lol Trump
    well just now cases confirmed in South America and Africa

stocks tumbling again

thisisfine.gif trump

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    [net worth] Can't get lower than zero.

One in ten families in the US are lower than that right now.

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count

lol Trump
    We can't really compare a 1918 pandemic to a 2020 one, tbh. Much better methods to contain and treat these days, but I stand by the proper approach being just looking at facts and not hypotheticals that can raise panic.

Wouldn't call trump dumb, anybody reporting on the virus other than its hard statistics and characteristics are just being irresponsible though. That includes government, health officials and media.

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    Some positive things can come from it other than test results. It can create business opportunities in the US for things we depend on China to produce and ship. It can serve as a reminder that the US needs to be able to become self sufficient, producing our own goods, not just a service industry.
    Agree we need to get back into making things, production is the backbone of a strong economy. I don't really see it happening without some serious changes in the world, though. I'm curious to see how a greater scope automation in production & service will hit us, glad I retired and focused on personal ventures tbh

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Wouldn't call trump dumb
    I will.

He is dumb, really really really dumb.

------------------------------------------------

Hours after Trump claims coronavirus vaccine ‘very close’ US officials say it’s at least a year away
    “Now they have studied it, they know very much. In fact, we are very close to a vaccine,” he said.

Trump also predicted that the virus is “a problem that’s going to go away.”

But just hours later, U.S. officials reportedly told senators that a vaccine could take 12 to 18 months to develop.
    https://www.rawstory.com/2020/02/hou...t-a-year-away/

So they had to claim he was talking about ebola.

Trump is a drooling moron. An idiot. A lazy, orange buffoon. A subpar intellect. Not the sharpest knife the drawer. Proof that Artificial Intelligence is preferable to Natural Stupidity. Trump couldn't pour piss out of a boot if the instructions were written on the heel. As sharp as a bowling ball. If brains were dynomite he couldn't blow his nose. Slower than a turtle in molasses. One neuron short of a synapse. Two toys short of a happy meal. Raises the IQ of whatever state he leaves. If he had a braincell, he'd be dangerous. If he had another braincell, it would die of loneliness. If you shoved his brain up a fleas ass it would be like a pea rattling around in a boxcar. He couldn't find his ass with both hands and a flashlight. Can't tell from shinola. His wife has had more meaningful conversations with the houseplants. Trump is like a used crayon, colorful, but not too sharp. Two taquitos short of a combo platter. He has to have the secret service find the doorknob for him to be able to leave in the morning. Dumber than bait. Dumb as a bag of hair. Stupid as the back end of a pig. He has a photographic memory, but the lens cover is on. Thick as a brick. All foam, no beer. Went to a mind reader and was given a 90% off discount. Trump was endowed with a stupidity which by the least little stretch would go around the globe four times and tie. He has no demonstrable need for a corpus callosum. If all the village idiots... left their villages... and formed their own village... OF IDIOTS... in that village... Trump would be the village idiot. He's so stupid he thinks that a lunatic is the noise made by an astronaut's watch. Trump must be the world's only living brain donor. Stupid as a hatful of arseholes. A dolt. An addle-headed guffaw. On the day they handed brains out he thought they said 'trains' and asked for a slow one. Trump is so dumb blondes tell jokes about him. A few cards short of a full deck. Bread's not quite baked. His intelligence is a void no universe could fill. Hardly a thought passes through his head that his mouth can't use. Dumb as a brick in a coma. Easily lost in thought because it's such unfamiliar territory. Thinks "Brigadoon" is a cookie. If he ever had a thought, it would hurt. Smart as a whole field of cabbages.
    If he fell off a building he'd get lost on the way down. He's so dumb, dogs teach him tricks. Some drank deeply from the Fountain of Knowledge. He just gargled and spit.If he spoke his mind, he'd be speechless. He's the kind of guy who's plant a dogwood tree and expect a littler of puppies. He stares at fruit juice cans because the label says "concentrate". He has a Teflon brain - nothing sticks. He's a few fries short of a Happy Meal. Hey, he's nobody's fool...! But then, maybe someone will adopt him. He's about as useful as an ashtray on a motorcycle.He thinks a polygon is a dead parrot. If a thought ever crossed his mind, it must have been a long and lonely journey. Beyond stupid and out the other side. When his mistresses whispered in his ear, they heard an echo.
    Last edited by RandomGuy; 02-26-2020 at 04:59 PM.

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    I will.

Trump is a drooling moron. An idiot. A lazy, orange buffoon. A subpar intellect. Not the sharpest knife the drawer. Proof that Artificial Intelligence is preferable to Natural Stupidity. Trump couldn't pour piss out of a boot if the instructions were written on the heel. As sharp as a bowling ball. If brains were dynomite he couldn't blow his nose. Slower than a turtle in molasses. One neuron short of a synapse. Two toys short of a happy meal. Raises the IQ of whatever state he leaves. If he had a braincell, he'd be dangerous. If he had another braincell, it would die of loneliness. If you shoved his brain up a fleas ass it would be like a pea rattling around in a boxcar. He couldn't find his ass with both hands and a flashlight. Can't tell from shinola. His wife has had more meaningful conversations with the houseplants. Trump is like a used crayon, colorful, but not too sharp. Two taquitos short of a combo platter. He has to have the secret service find the doorknob for him to be able to leave in the morning. Dumber than bait. Dumb as a bag of hair. Stupid as the back end of a pig. He has a photographic memory, but the lens cover is on. Thick as a brick. All foam, no beer. Went to a mind reader and was given a 90% off discount. Trump was endowed with a stupidity which by the least little stretch would go around the globe four times and tie. He has no demonstrable need for a corpus callosum. If all the village idiots... left their villages... and formed their own village... OF IDIOTS... in that village... Trump would be the village idiot. He's so stupid he thinks that a lunatic is the noise made by an astronaut's watch. Trump must be the world's only living brain donor. Stupid as a hatful of arseholes. A dolt. An addle-headed guffaw. On the day they handed brains out he thought they said 'trains' and asked for a slow one. Trump is so dumb blondes tell jokes about him. A few cards short of a full deck. Bread's not quite baked. His intelligence is a void no universe could fill. Hardly a thought passes through his head that his mouth can't use. Dumb as a brick in a coma. Easily lost in thought because it's such unfamiliar territory. Thinks "Brigadoon" is a cookie. If he ever had a thought, it would hurt. Smart as a whole field of cabbages.
    If he fell off a building he'd get lost on the way down. He's so dumb his dogs teaches him tricks. Some drank deeply from the Fountain of Knowledge. He just gargled and spit.If he spoke his mind, he'd be speechless. He's the kind of guy who's plant a dogwood tree and expect a littler of puppies. He stares at fruit juice cans because the label says "concentrate". He has a Teflon brain - nothing sticks. He's a few fries short of a Happy Meal. Hey, he's nobody's fool...! But then, maybe someone will adopt him. He's about as useful as an ashtray on a motorcycle.He thinks a polygon is a dead parrot. If a thought ever crossed his mind, it must have been a long and lonely journey. Beyond stupid and out the other side. When his mistresses whispered in his ear, they heard an echo.
    Of course you would, you live and breath Trump

Hes probably built a skyscraper rent free in that little head of yours, cultist

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Agree we need to get back into making things, production is the backbone of a strong economy. I don't really see it happening without some serious changes in the world, though. I'm curious to see how a greater scope automation in production & service will hit us, glad I retired and focused on personal ventures tbh
    We are automating ourselves out of employment generally.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

LOL...I must live in that skyscraper....I can't make a post in here without RG responding.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    We can't really compare a 1918 pandemic to a 2020 one, tbh. Much better methods to contain and treat these days, but I stand by the proper approach being just looking at facts and not hypotheticals that can raise panic.

Wouldn't call trump dumb, anybody reporting on the virus other than its hard statistics and characteristics are just being irresponsible though. That includes government, health officials and media.
    Simple exponential growth will do the trick. Whatever figure you see in the news, will be too low, because it represents what is known, and then only in the past day or two.

It appears to be easily transmissable, and potentially can spread asymptomatically.

https://www.medpagetoday.com/infecti...ichealth/85027
    A young woman from Wuhan, China visited five family members, who all contracted novel coronavirus, COVID-19, in the first-ever do ented case of an asymptomatic carrier with normal chest CT imaging results, researchers found.

The woman, age 20, was afebrile and had no respiratory symptoms, including cough and sore throat, no gastrointestinal symptoms, no significant abnormalities on chest CT imaging, and no laboratory abnormalities.

Yet, she tested positive for the novel coronavirus, reported Meiyun Wang, MD, PhD, of Henan Provincial People's Hospital in Henan, China, and colleagues.

More concerning may be that the incubation period for the woman was do ented as 19 days, outside of the long-held belief about a 14-day incubation period, the authors wrote in a research letter in JAMA.

In fact, they sounded a note of warning if what they discovered in this case turns out to be true elsewhere:

"The sequence of events suggests that the coronavirus may have been transmitted by the asymptomatic carrier ... If the findings in this report of presumed transmission by an asymptomatic carrier are replicated, the prevention of COVID-19 infection would prove challenging," the team wrote.
    I guess we will get to see. Tons of interest in the event, don't look for people to pay less attention to it.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I see having a deadly virus crippling other parts of the world where cheap labor exists as a catalyst to serious changes, at least a paradigm shift in the thinking of businesses based in the US.

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    LOL...I must live in that skyscraper....I can't make a post in here without RG responding.
    He can't stop, dude is worse than Bouton or w/e his name is

Just plain unhinged, can't believe people let an election hurt their quality of life

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    I see having a deadly virus crippling other parts of the world where cheap labor exists as a catalyst to serious changes, at least a paradigm shift in the thinking of businesses based in the US.
    That's optimistic, for us at least. I think the nail in the coffin for Chinese sweatshops will inevitably be large civil unrest regarding labor pay/conditions. I figure we'd move to India, but that's a long process and India is muddled with beurocracy so "made in USA" would be more common

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Almost all antibiotics come from China now. If that slows or stops it could kill as many as the corona virus.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I will.

If he fell off a building he'd get lost on the way down. He's so dumb, dogs teach him tricks. Some drank deeply from the Fountain of Knowledge. He just gargled and spit.If he spoke his mind, he'd be speechless. He's the kind of guy who's plant a dogwood tree and expect a littler of puppies. He stares at fruit juice cans because the label says "concentrate". He has a Teflon brain - nothing sticks. He's a few fries short of a Happy Meal. Hey, he's nobody's fool...! But then, maybe someone will adopt him. He's about as useful as an ashtray on a motorcycle.He thinks a polygon is a dead parrot. If a thought ever crossed his mind, it must have been a long and lonely journey. Beyond stupid and out the other side. When his mistresses whispered in his ear, they heard an echo.
    "He's really really dumb" - Below average income poster who saves up for a beer regarding a billionaire who became president of the United States.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    a lot of baghdad bob us apologists here

meanwhile US school systems have just sent mass warnings to parents about the hogh probability of contagion

thisisfine.gif

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

yeah the great US of A and Trumps people are really prepared for this

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Almost all antibiotics come from China now. If that slows or stops it could kill as many as the corona virus.
    no

but dont worry Coronavirus is only going to kill 3rd world folk and socialists.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

yeah the great US of A and Trumps people are really prepared for this
    Meanwhile your people are dying to get to our borders.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    "He's really really dumb" - Below average income poster who saves up for a beer regarding a billionaire who became president of the United States.
    (pats head) Feel free and try prove Trump is an actual billionaire.

As for the rest of it... you try so hard.. and fail.

Thread Information