Page 16 of 18 FirstFirst ... 612131415161718 LastLast
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Strange times we're living in, tbh. Load Management set this franchise back 30 years with his gotry.
    That's all I could think of during the game...there have been so many games like this where our team is compe ive and keeps it close towards the end but can't close it out due to our lack of a superstar...Nephew really ed us over...

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    how did donkic not pick up one technical .... i mean he is already on draymond level regarding his constant complaints... and more often looks like a crybaby

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    how did donkic not pick up one technical .... i mean he is already on draymond level regarding his constant complaints... and more often looks like a crybaby
    Yeah it was ridiculous.

Born Slippy
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Yah i didnt get the constantly whining about getting hit on the fingers. Hand part of the ball . No foul

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    That's all I could think of during the game...there have been so many games like this where our team is compe ive and keeps it close towards the end but can't close it out due to our lack of a superstar...Nephew really ed us over...
    ty excuse...he has been gone for almost two years and everything we have done since then has been the wrong decision... including the trade...when will u ppl have enough balls to point fingers are the ones making the decisions?

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Murray Lonnie and gay.... all worthless

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    You're right about that but there are different ways to leave. Not telling spurs would have been a contender no matter what with #2 leaving but he really ed the team in many ways with his ty act.

Look what AD did in NO... being honest and clear from the start, saying he wanted to leave then making his best get a fair deal for eveyone, staying classy during the whole process.

Meanwhile, Kawhi who was supposed to be the next leader after the big three and the guy PATFO build everything around seated out a whole year faking injuries, then not only left the team in the dark about his intentions but brought drama around the club, discrediting the medical staff and organisation all around the league before making his best to hurt his value to go in LA.

Remember the y offers that were mentioned for him with teams reticent because of his health? Then see how good he was last year in Toronto and imagine what kind of deal could spurs have gotten for that Kawhi if he had retuned in his last year with SA and just showed he was OK?
    Only thing that changes that is the Pelicans made a play to get young talent and a top pick in the draft. They didn’t choose a package from the Raptors centered on Derozan and change while paying them 5 mill and giving them Green on top.

Kawhi wasn’t owned by the Spurs. The only thing that was truly upsetting is how he went about it and the fact his last season on the Spurs was a waste. AD went about it in similar fashion except the injury. He also stated publicly he was leaving, and that was a loss of a season for the Pelicans tbh. They just recovered better bc of the draft and better package and that was on the FO.

Defense Wins Championships Texas_Ranger's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The way hes been treated by the refs this whole season he should actually cry a lot more.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    ty excuse...he has been gone for almost two years and everything we have done since then has been the wrong decision... including the trade...when will u ppl have enough balls to point fingers are the ones making the decisions?
    I'm not saying he's the ONLY reason...yeah there's been a ton of other mishaps since then that have been do ented that don't have to be rehashed...its just that his departure has been BY FAR the most costly...

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Not anymore

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Only thing that changes that is the Pelicans made a play to get young talent and a top pick in the draft. They didn’t choose a package from the Raptors centered on Derozan and change while paying them 5 mill and giving them Green on top.

Kawhi wasn’t owned by the Spurs. The only thing that was truly upsetting is how he went about it and the fact his last season on the Spurs was a waste. AD went about it in similar fashion except the injury. He also stated publicly he was leaving, and that was a loss of a season for the Pelicans tbh. They just recovered better bc of the draft and better package and that was on the FO.
    This is the type of (instant) revisionist history this puke has benefitted from to repair his image and reputation.

You don't think the Spurs wanted young talent? Had he not intentionally destroyed his value, they'd have been able to get it of the premium or at least good variety and not the mediocrity they were offered.

Davis didn't refuse to play while healthy, hide halfway across the country, have his sleazebag uncle attempt to destroy the Pelicans reputation and make it clear that he'd only re-sign in L.A.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Weather nephew ed over the franchise or not is no excuse for this team to suck as much as they do now.

First there were the Mills and Pau extensions, who both still get paid while only one of them plays here. Then they constructed a garbage roster around Leonard cause they thought he would still stay when he was hiding for a whole season. Then they traded him for DeMar DeRozan. And then they threw in Danny Green as well. That was the dumbest move of em all. That's the type of player this team still needs to this day. Then they went and gave Bertans away for free and signed Carroll who they are paying for 3 full seasons while he's playing for Houston.

Only a senile idiot with his drunk GM can up that often. Give this team Green and Bertans and that's good enough for them to still be in the playoffs while developing the picks. Nephew bailing ain't enough of an excuse on why this franchise sucks. It's Flopovich and his ego, which is the main reason nephew left in the first place

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Weather nephew ed over the franchise or not is no excuse for this team to suck as much as they do now.

First there were the Mills and Pau extensions, who both still get paid while only one of them plays here. Then they constructed a garbage roster around Leonard cause they thought he would still stay when he was hiding for a whole season. Then they traded him for DeMar DeRozan. And then they threw in Danny Green as well. That was the dumbest move of em all. That's the type of player this team still needs to this day. Then they went and gave Bertans away for free and signed Carroll who they are paying for 3 full seasons while he's playing for Houston.

Only a senile idiot with his drunk GM can up that often. Give this team Green and Bertans and that's good enough for them to still be in the playoffs while developing the picks. Nephew bailing ain't enough of an excuse on why this franchise sucks. It's Flopovich and his ego, which is the main reason nephew left in the first place
    Bravo

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I'm not absolving them of blame for their current state, just saying let's get the facts straight. By far the biggest reason for their being in the predicament they are, is what he did to them.

They only reason they're not sitting on the war chest of young assets the Pelicans are (minus Williamson, obviously), is because of what he did.

Make a trade like that and a lot of the ensuing nonsense we've seen since then probably doesn't happen.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    This is the type of (instant) revisionist history this puke has benefitted from to repair his image and reputation.

You don't think the Spurs wanted young talent? Had he not intentionally destroyed his value, they'd have been able to get it of the premium or at least good variety and not the mediocrity they were offered.

Davis didn't refuse to play while healthy, hide halfway across the country, have his sleazebag uncle attempt to destroy the Pelicans reputation and make it clear that he'd only re-sign in L.A.
    TBH it’s not revisionist. It’s my belief Spurs knew for a long time he wasn’t signing back and wanted out and held on to him hoping to convince him and his camp played hardball. At the time I supported that decision bc I would have rather they kept Kawhi if it was at all possible, of course. But it wasn’t known until after the fact how bad things were and how broken up they were. They were in a much better position to know the originally called “rift” wasn’t going to end well and passed on a lot of offers for him bc they would rather keep him. It wa widely reported at the time actually that they weren’t looking to e him and were turning teams away. They actually held on to him too long. I’d rather they just kept him one more season rather than the package they got tbh. There’s no one that’s going to convince me that was all that was offered for him since the “rumblings” started.

Heck Pop was rumored to also knowingly trying to convince the Pelicans not to trade Davis to the Lakers. At that rate the Pelicans would have sent Davis East for a terrible package (but at least not the Lakers...!!!)

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Kawhi left because of how he was treated... We see for ourselves that the FO is horrible... They don't deserve the benefit of the doubt in the Kawhi saga... Word is they were being shady, and I believe it... And Kawhi was willing to sign back inspire of all that, bit being lowballed while LMA gets aax extension, plus the patty and gasol contracts was the nail in the coffin

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Kawhi left because of how he was treated... We see for ourselves that the FO is horrible... They don't deserve the benefit of the doubt in the Kawhi saga... Word is they were being shady, and I believe it... And Kawhi was willing to sign back inspire of all that, bit being lowballed while LMA gets aax extension, plus the patty and gasol contracts was the nail in the coffin

He left partly because of it. He left because he wanted to go to southern California. Patfo gave him even more of a reason to go by throwing him under the bus to the media. Of course, giving patty 50mil and gasol 48m most likely did have kawhi question whether it was worth staying 1 more year as well.

So yeah I agree with you in a way. Patfo have made some questionable decisions that they are paying for now

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    It isn't just KL, I can't blame him for wanting to get out of this ty org, he saw it coming...literally no big FA wants to play for pop..trading KL is one thing, but throwing in DG and misusing Bertans, along with the ridiculous contracts for Gasol, Mills and Carroll is inexcusable...we are paying $11 mil next year for 2 players that are not even on the team, any other coach and GM would be fired, I seriously hope they lose out and can get a top 10 pick, because that is the only way we are going to get some talent on the team, but even then, patfo will stick the lottery pick in Austin for 3 years and wonder why he wants to leave when his rookie contract is up... and get ready for forbes getting a 4 year $50 mil contract...patfo have been exposed and the fans are the ones paying the price.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    TBH it’s not revisionist. It’s my belief Spurs knew for a long time he wasn’t signing back and wanted out and held on to him hoping to convince him and his camp played hardball. At the time I supported that decision bc I would have rather they kept Kawhi if it was at all possible, of course. But it wasn’t known until after the fact how bad things were and how broken up they were. They were in a much better position to know the originally called “rift” wasn’t going to end well and passed on a lot of offers for him bc they would rather keep him. It wa widely reported at the time actually that they weren’t looking to e him and were turning teams away. They actually held on to him too long. I’d rather they just kept him one more season rather than the package they got tbh. There’s no one that’s going to convince me that was all that was offered for him since the “rumblings” started.

Heck Pop was rumored to also knowingly trying to convince the Pelicans not to trade Davis to the Lakers. At that rate the Pelicans would have sent Davis East for a terrible package (but at least not the Lakers...!!!)
    Comparing the S bag saga to the Davis situation and pretending they were similar and the only difference was front office competence or lackthereof, is absurd and revisionist history.

Whether they waited too long to trade him or not, the same reasons that brought his value down existed months earlier too. The bottom line is, he screwed them.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    It isn't just KL, I can't blame him for wanting to get out of this ty org, he saw it coming...literally no big FA wants to play for pop..trading KL is one thing, but throwing in DG and misusing Bertans, along with the ridiculous contracts for Gasol, Mills and Carroll is inexcusable...we are paying $11 mil next year for 2 players that are not even on the team, any other coach and GM would be fired, I seriously hope they lose out and can get a top 10 pick, because that is the only way we are going to get some talent on the team, but even then, patfo will stick the lottery pick in Austin for 3 years and wonder why he wants to leave when his rookie contract is up... and get ready for forbes getting a 4 year $50 mil contract...patfo have been exposed and the fans are the ones paying the price.

add to that, the spurs didn't even want to offer kawhi the super max until they saw him play..way to treat the only finals MVP they had since 2007

funny how the spurs got good for the greater part of the 2010s after kawhi got drafted

that LOB mentality

Banned
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    OP.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Comparing the S bag saga to the Davis situation and pretending they were similar and the only difference was front office competence or lackthereof, is absurd and revisionist history.

Whether they waited too long to trade him or not, the same reasons that brought his value down existed months earlier too. The bottom line is, he screwed them.
    That’s tour point of view. I am not cutting the FO slack like they were some victims. Kawhi played them but they allowed themselves to be played and moreover I just don’t trust the trade they made was the best available for the future.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Tom Orsborn
    Tom_orsborn
    ·
    Feb 26
    Pop shoulders some of the blame for this one: "I think the game plan I came out with was poor, and they took advantage of it in the first quarter." #Spurs

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I legitimately think spurs have a shot at winning 2 games

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    That’s tour point of view. I am not cutting the FO slack like they were some victims. Kawhi played them but they allowed themselves to be played and moreover I just don’t trust the trade they made was the best available for the future.
    The co-most connected insider in the industry described the outcome as "no bidding war; this was the best offer on the table", meanwhile another among the most connected termed it a "discount price".

You tell me how a should be top handful asset in the league going for that is not squarely on his shoulders.

Thread Information