Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    What is crazy is Utah is benching 30 million dollar per year Conley because his defense is not good enough and we can't get pop to budge on Forbes. This is most probably the most insane decision in Spurs history.
    I don't know what's so surprising about that? You really think Flopovich would bench a washed up Conley? And no other coach in the league would start Forbes, not even Jim Boylen

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    If pop were as great a coach as say a Bill Belichick he would've gotten rid of Forbes and DeRozan. He would've never even signed a net negative impact player like DeRozan in the first place. Its disgraceful.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I'm convinced Pop is tanking, he might have one foot in the grave but no way is he so far gone he doesn't see how bad the line up choices are (Brynn), it's impossible to view it otherwise. (Although IMO he single-handedly cost us a B2B with that hack a clipper strategy, a year off the heights of the 14 ring so anything is possible I guess)

Murray+White+Walker combos are better defensively but aren't dependable at all on offense and aren't consistently good enough to drag his team to a playoff spot (not just the hole they've dug themselves into but now with how much better New Orleans look) so at this point I'd rather that combo eat as many minutes as possible in real game time situations and let them get to the point where they can be experienced and dependable pieces for the teams future. That would be the only decent thing that could come out of this lost season.

Overly resting players and bringing guys along slowly should be considered a relic of the past, a luxury afforded to the Spurs because of their top quality players combined with their longevity of playing together, obviously that's not the case anymore so might as well accept that and move on.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I don't know what's so surprising about that? You really think Flopovich would bench a washed up Conley? And no other coach in the league would start Forbes, not even Jim Boylen
    True. Quin Snyder isn't afraid to make tough decisions. He looks like a guy who's probably in Utah under some sort of witness protection program. Probably a former mob boss who's undergone plastic surgery.

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Lol walker is awful

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I'm convinced Pop is tanking, he might have one foot in the grave but no way is he so far gone he doesn't see how bad the line up choices are (Brynn), it's impossible to view it otherwise. (Although IMO he single-handedly cost us a B2B with that hack a clipper strategy, a year off the heights of the 14 ring so anything is possible I guess)

Murray+White+Walker combos are better defensively but aren't dependable at all on offense and aren't consistently good enough to drag his team to a playoff spot (not just the hole they've dug themselves into but now with how much better New Orleans look) so at this point I'd rather that combo eat as many minutes as possible in real game time situations and let them get to the point where they can be experienced and dependable pieces for the teams future. That would be the only decent thing that could come out of this lost season.

Overly resting players and bringing guys along slowly should be considered a relic of the past, a luxury afforded to the Spurs because of their top quality players combined with their longevity of playing together, obviously that's not the case anymore so might as well accept that and move on.
    Pop isn't tanking...he was horrible with USA basketball too...and cut Bam... LMFAO

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Murray+White+Walker combos are better defensively but aren't dependable at all on offense and aren't consistently good enough to drag his team to a playoff spot
    You really need to link me these Spurs games where Murray, White and Walker are all playing together, I'm missing out tbh. All I'm seeing are Spurs games where Pop's inexcusably awful rotations put the young players in position to fail. We literally do not know whether we can depend offensively on a DJ+DW+LW lineup because it has not materialized yet. Someone's gotta score the ball and Pop makes sure to always put a player of a "higher hierarchy" along with them on the court for them to force feed, whether it be LMA or DD or ing Forbes or whoever. Lonnie literally said after last game that he's never the first, nor second, nor third scoring option... How can you talk about dependency when they are not relied on at all by their coach?

We've seen what Derrick can do when he's aggressive and looking for his shot. We saw at the Rockets game how high Lonnie's potential is as a scoring threat and shot creator. We're seeing DJ's shot and offensive game improve through the season. And yet none of them are relied on. I can't wait until next season when any ones of Pop, DeRozan, LMA and Bryn are off the ing team and we can really see whether we have a diamond or two in the middle of this giant piece of .

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    You really need to link me these Spurs games where Murray, White and Walker are all playing together, I'm missing out tbh. All I'm seeing are Spurs games where Pop's inexcusably awful rotations put the young players in position to fail. We literally do not know whether we can depend offensively on a DJ+DW+LW lineup because it has not materialized yet. Someone's gotta score the ball and Pop makes sure to always put a player of a "higher hierarchy" along with them on the court for them to force feed, whether it be LMA or DD or ing Forbes or whoever. Lonnie literally said after last game that he's never the first, nor second, nor third scoring option... How can you talk about dependency when they are not relied on at all by their coach?

We've seen what Derrick can do when he's aggressive and looking for his shot. We saw at the Rockets game how high Lonnie's potential is as a scoring threat and shot creator. We're seeing DJ's shot and offensive game improve through the season. And yet none of them are relied on. I can't wait until next season when any ones of Pop, DeRozan, LMA and Bryn are off the ing team and we can really see whether we have a diamond or two in the middle of this giant piece of .
    Unfortunately there’s a decent chance all of those people are back next season

Thread Information