Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    https://www.spurstalk.com/grades-san...ruary-26-2020/

tl;dr: Aldridge didn't play. DeRozan whined a lot. Spurs lost.

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Instagram lol. Hairdo lol
    Gay lol

You Are Not Worthy ZeusWillJudge's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    A loss to the Magic this weekend could be one of the final nails in their lottery-bound coffin.

People have been saying, "This game is a must win if the Spurs are going to make the playoffs" for some time. If you're saying it, the end really is near. I'm looking forward to you doing game grades next season when we have a totally new-look roster, and a bunch of energetic young guys who will at least provide some variety. The best part is, the expectations for Pop will be so low that it's going to be easy for him to earn some B's.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I still like our young players. We played too slow. Without LMA, you run.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Thanks for the grades!

Any thoughts on Pop mentioning that his game plan was poor?

Sounds like what people have been clamoring for here for years. First time I’ve heard that this season, maybe ever?!?! I, for one, agree with him 100%.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I still like our young players. We played too slow. Without LMA, you run.
    That’s just what they’d be expecting. Small and slow is crazy enough it just might work!

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    https://www.spurstalk.com/grades-san...ruary-26-2020/

tl;dr: Aldridge didn't play. DeRozan whined a lot. Spurs lost.

business as usual

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    This team is far better with Aldridge as the #1 option than demar. More playing time for the younger guys while Aldridge spaces the floor

Take the fcking keys away baseline bum's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Forbes should be getting 40 minutes a night to help with the tank.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Forbes should be getting 40 minutes a night to help with the tank.
    He's doing a great job at it already at 27 mpg

Spurs fan from Hong Kong team-work's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Perhaps I spent the prime of my life rooting for the Spurs throughout the 5 . But this is nothing compared with OP taking the trouble to watch films endlessly and grade. As a spectator, I thought Pop losing connection with players, and other important people (not necessarily high-ranking) in the FO,...that really matters.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    A loss to the Magic this weekend could be one of the final nails in their lottery-bound coffin.

People have been saying, "This game is a must win if the Spurs are going to make the playoffs" for some time. If you're saying it, the end really is near. I'm looking forward to you doing game grades next season when we have a totally new-look roster, and a bunch of energetic young guys who will at least provide some variety. The best part is, the expectations for Pop will be so low that it's going to be easy for him to earn some B's.

yeah totally new roster. Same roster with a rookie and Quindary added. Totally different team

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Compared with the Big 3 era. That probably is too high a standard.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    How much could be done better by a coach who has the best "in-game adjustment"? Likely not much. But how about creating chemistry among vets and younger ones? Or even about the personnel selection in whole organization where Pop has at least a say.

You Are Not Worthy ZeusWillJudge's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    yeah totally new roster. Same roster with a rookie and Quindary added. Totally different team
    Heh. If they can dream about the playoffs, I can dream about a new roster.

The bit about Pop was irony. A whole new lineup with Pop ing up the rotations. Yay.

half man half amazing
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    This team is far better with Aldridge as the #1 option than demar. More playing time for the younger guys while Aldridge spaces the floor
    This is absolutely true. It is impossible to win in today's NBA with your number 1 option being a shooting guard that can't shoot and doesn't play defense. They should've shipped off demar last off-season but they were stupid and now they're in a even worse situation. Just complete incompetence by the front office

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    i'm at the point where that conditioned part of me still roots for the win but the more pragmatic part of me wants us to slip to 13th in the West just so as to potentially increase our chances for a higher lottery pick.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Aldridge shot lights out when he first started shooting threes but he was bound to come back down to earth. There is no way he can keep up the 3 production as a number one option. Unfortunately mid range guys like Aldridge who operate half in the post and mid range are a dinosaur unless NBA changes the rules and helps the bigs like they do the guards. Derozan would be a pretty good #1 option if he only had defense. I think Derozan just doesn't want to accept his shortcomings as a #1 option so he whines to the refs that he should be treated like one. At least we will have a semi-decent pick this year. A top 8 pick would be a pretty good take away considering we should have cap space this season (trades) or next offseason.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Thanks Timvp. I would've given Pop a lower grade, an F. As he himself said, his game plan was poor and got taken advantage by Carlisle. Geez I hate that guy. I think starting Ewwbanks over Lonnie for PF would've been a better choice. My problem with this team is the over emphasis on offense over defense. Spurs has historically won because of their defense. Why a combo of Mills/Forbes out there? Sure Beli got 14 points, but how many layups did he give away, while already strutting back to look for his shots? White? Yes he showed a late showing, an emphasis on the late. White is very capable of scoring and taking command. And on the night without Aldridge, White should've started over Murray imo, if Pop was starting Walker. There was just not enough offense in that starting line-up. It was a silly gamble, and a costly one with Spurs now on the 12th spot. Geez.

I want my refund on my league pass.
    Last edited by John B; 02-27-2020 at 01:02 PM.

Get Paycheck, Get Drunk HankChinaski's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    This season started out questionable with the Marcus Morris backpedal. His position within the roster was suppose to in my opinion help stem the issues we had at Forward position. If the Spurs knew he was going to do that they would have kept Bertans. Bertans in the rotations Pops has been using would have been more effective.

Pop has made questionable decisions in game all year, but the roster this season due to F.O. last second shifts in acquisitions and the rapid decline in vets I.E. Gay, etc. has really left the coaches with little else to do. I'm surprised they have come out at times looking stronger than they are.

Playing the younger guys is pretty much waving the white flag. They have potential to be something more but they just look lost or unpolished in aspects of their game in certain areas. Mostly defensive shifts in schemes.

This season is and always has been a battle of attrition. The team just needs to finish the season and walk into the off-season looking to make a tonal shift with the makeup of the vets and construction of the team.

I see Aldridge staying, but i don't think Derozan stays on this team for another year.

This last leg of the season once it has been determined the playoffs are a wash will see the younger players getting more minutes.

Other than that. It is still always a pleasure to read your insights to the games and the work you have to put in with your evaluations with the individuals performances TIMVP is greatly appreciated.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    If the Spurs are contemplating keeping DeRozan OR LMA next season, my hope is that LMA stays. Last night's game was a great example of Demar putting up hollow statistics. His numbers looked great but the rest of the team didn't do well around him.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    And yeah, when I saw Marco, Forbes and Mills out there I knew I didn't need to watch the game.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    And yeah, when I saw Marco, Forbes and Mills out there I knew I didn't need to watch the game.
    I've become convinced this is Pop's way of tanking without making it completely obvious to the Spurs casual fanbase.

Born Slippy
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I've become convinced this is Pop's way of tanking without making it completely obvious to the Spurs casual fanbase.
    You aint the only one.

Lonnies second half d particularly that 4th was special. Pop not resorting to benching him every time he fouled was progress i guess.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Why a combo of Mills/Forbes out there?
    That's an easy automatic F.

Thread Information