Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Haven't watched the Bucks but Coach Bud and historically a team that always played my Spurs tough.
    Thoughts? Anyone here doing it?

Spurs Fan
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I don't trust the Bucks. I wouldn't be surprised if they run into trouble facing the Celtics or Heat in the playoffs.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Bucks are great but haven’t learned to win, yet. Will likely take awhile.
    Is fandom transferable? I’m saving myself for the 2026 Spurs.

Every game is game 1 Seventyniner's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Haven't watched the Bucks but Coach Bud and historically a team that always played my Spurs tough.
    Thoughts? Anyone here doing it?
    I'm definitely pulling for them to win the le rather than anyone else. That's usually the kiss of death from me, though.

Then again, I almost never watch games that don't involve the Spurs anyway. Other than Coach Bud getting a ring, the best part of the Bucks winning the le is that it denies one to both LeBron and Number Two.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I don't trust the Bucks. I wouldn't be surprised if they run into trouble facing the Celtics or Heat in the playoffs.
    Same. Giannis still can't shoot, so if you pack the paint and even slightly contain him, who is going to come to the rescue? Middleton?

half man half amazing
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Bucks remind of many past Spurs teams. They overachieve during the regular season because they are well coached/don't make mistakes/don't beat themselves.

However, like popovich, Bud does not believe in making adjustments - that if you out execute the other team, you'll win. Of course that's proven time and time again to not be true in the playoffs.

They are going to go as far as their superstar can carry them, just like the Spurs and Duncan. And just like Duncan, giannis appears to be the type of player that will follow orders and trust the process.

I'm rooting for the bucks. I like that giannis is not teaming up with some other superstar. I like that he purposely picked underdog type of players for his all star team. I like that they are a small market team too.

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Yeah transfer and then next year go with golden state and the year after that clippers and or lakers. Go with whoever has the beat record in the nba you cant go wrong.

My Team
    Chicago Bulls
    Post Count
    Imagine how lethal Giannis would be with say Curry/Thompson. I bet if the Bucks don't win the NBA le Giannis will be wanting out and Warriors will have the pieces to get him (potential 1st round pick, Wiggins).

The Bucks do remind me of the Pop coached Spurs teams, it's to bad CP3 has that contract he does because he's a perfect fit with Giannis.

I am not sold on the Bucks either they have to prove they can win it all. They will have to shoot lights out to win the le.

Giannis is a great player, fun to watch play the game like Timmy. I hope he stays with Milwaukee is whole career but the Warriors will be after him this offseason no doubt. I hope the Bucks don't give in to them as that will restart the Warriors dynasty again.
    Last edited by Chillen; 02-28-2020 at 07:00 PM.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    So what when Giannis walks you're not going to be a Bucks fan anymore? Cmon...

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Okay, that seems about right (although "my Spurs" seems a bit dicey) . . .

Not really . . .

Anyone here doing it?
    You mean abandoning the Spurs?

Even the Trump-loving, Forbes-hating, naysayer so-and-sos on this site wouldn't do that.

no.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Lol at people counting them out. They were about to be up 3-0 on the eventual champs had Giannis not fouled out for the OT. People act like they were some trash team in the playoffs. and this year, Giannis and Middleton are even better than last year and they have shored up their bench. Their defense is nasty and looking at their advanced metrics they are a GOAT level defensive team. There is no Kawhi to stop them this time.

Giannis is hungry and so are the rest of the Bucks. They play hard and they have a lot of comradery. I think they will win the le this year tbh. Lakers and Clippers are a threat but Bucks are a tier above them imo. Of course everyone is going to write them off until they prove it in the playoffs but I believe they will this year.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Not with Middleton as their second best player. But Giannis is worth it. I would wait a year however until AFTER he signs that extension

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I'll be rooting for them.

6X ST MVP
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    If you don't mind being a Laker fan next year.

what uganda do about it? Joseph Kony's Avatar
    My Team
    Seattle Supersonics
    Post Count
    Not with Middleton as their second best player. But Giannis is worth it. I would wait a year however until AFTER he signs that extension
    Middleton has been All-NBA this season tbh...he's putting up 21/6/4/1 on 50/44/90...only other play to score 20+ on those shooting splits was Curry in 2016, and he's doing it in only 29 minutes a game he's better than anyone on the Spurs roster

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Yeah transfer and then next year go with golden state and the year after that clippers and or lakers. Go with whoever has the beat record in the nba you cant go wrong.
    C'mon man are you a Spurs fan at least.
    You can't see any similarities btwn Bucks/Spurs???

Coach Bud,George Hill a small market,well coached/disciplined.
    NO DRAMA superstar/players.

Not to mention as a long time Spurs fan the Bucks were always our achilles heel but never in a y way like the Rockets or Lakers,
    Not gonna give up my fandom for Spurs but let it lie dormant until they trade DDR,LMA and Forbes/Mills

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I was thinking a month ago of transferring at least part of my fandom to the Bucks.... since Coach Bud, and also Harley sponsor on their jerseys. I have three (Harleys).

Haven't watched the Bucks much though.

I mean after the spurs, the bucks for sure.

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Gonna start rooting for the Bucks,been a Spurs fan since '95 and this is honestly the first season I just don't enjoy watching the Spurs
    And that's never happened,sad times tbh

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    C'mon man are you a Spurs fan at least.
    You can't see any similarities btwn Bucks/Spurs???

Coach Bud,George Hill a small market,well coached/disciplined.
    NO DRAMA superstar/players.

Not to mention as a long time Spurs fan the Bucks were always our achilles heel but never in a y way like the Rockets or Lakers,
    Not gonna give up my fandom for Spurs but let it lie dormant until they trade DDR,LMA and Forbes/Mills

Spurs fan since the early 80’s. NO I do not see any similarities with the bucks and spurs. The Spurs are the Spurs, The Bucks are the Bucks. I will continue to be a Spurs fan I will not turn into a fair weather fan just because i have a issue with a coach or a few players. Do they need to adjust? YES it is time but when that happens is up in the air I as a fan have no control of those adjustments i won’t even bother complaining not like i can personally do something about it lmao. But hey man so far its a free country do as you please if you want to root for a winner ain’t nothing wrong with that hundreds of Spurs fans will be born in the next few weeks I think they can handle loosing a couple of fans.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Middleton has been All-NBA this season tbh...he's putting up 21/6/4/1 on 50/44/90...only other play to score 20+ on those shooting splits was Curry in 2016, and he's doing it in only 29 minutes a game he's better than anyone on the Spurs roster
    He had a good year last year too but was shut down in the playoffs. Every round he sucked tbh. He’s showed last year that the moment gets too big for him. He’s had one good run 2 years ago when they lost in 7 but other than that he shrinks in the playoffs. Maybe his mindset changes this year. Who knows

what uganda do about it? Joseph Kony's Avatar
    My Team
    Seattle Supersonics
    Post Count
    He had a good year last year too but was shut down in the playoffs. Every round he sucked tbh. He’s showed last year that the moment gets too big for him. He’s had one good run 2 years ago when they lost in 7 but other than that he shrinks in the playoffs. Maybe his mindset changes this year. Who knows
    Well, he is entering his prime, and Milwaukee at during his first two playoff runs was a garbage team anyway barely making the playoffs. i wont hold anything against him while being coached by Jason Kidd tbh 2 years ago like you said his playoff numbers were pretty damn good. Last year, yeah he struggled against the suffocating defense of Toronto but so did Giannis. He was just fine in the previous two rounds. But yeah he really did struggle against Toronto, so i get it, but i don't think its fair to hang that over him. all teams/players have to go through their growing pains of failures before getting to the top of the mountain (except Timmy tbh) and I believe they have paid their dues and this is the year they'll break thru.

but like i said, he has taken a significant step forward (imo) this year along with Giannis and there is no team anywhere close to them in the East, there is no Kawhi or LBJ for them to run into, and having a player like Giannis to play off of who is having a GOAT level season is going to make it easier for him. i'm not saying Middleton is a #2 like Davis or PG, but i do believe within the scheme the Bucks play and having a #1 like Giannis, he is going to be fine. plus he plays both sides of the court. the Bucks interior D is suffocating, the only way they are going to get beat is if a team gets super hot from deep over a 7 game series which i dont see happening.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Transferring fandom is lame.

i absolutely can’t stand pop or the FO and the future looks bleak but I’m not going to start buying gear for another team and switching teams. You can enjoy watching other teams and other players without “transferring”. In fact if things don’t improve for the spurs most of us will probably become general nba fans until the team turns around.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Also the Greek freak will probably go to another team anyway

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Well, he is entering his prime, and Milwaukee at during his first two playoff runs was a garbage team anyway barely making the playoffs. i wont hold anything against him while being coached by Jason Kidd tbh 2 years ago like you said his playoff numbers were pretty damn good. Last year, yeah he struggled against the suffocating defense of Toronto but so did Giannis. He was just fine in the previous two rounds. But yeah he really did struggle against Toronto, so i get it, but i don't think its fair to hang that over him. all teams/players have to go through their growing pains of failures before getting to the top of the mountain (except Timmy tbh) and I believe they have paid their dues and this is the year they'll break thru.

but like i said, he has taken a significant step forward (imo) this year along with Giannis and there is no team anywhere close to them in the East, there is no Kawhi or LBJ for them to run into, and having a player like Giannis to play off of who is having a GOAT level season is going to make it easier for him. i'm not saying Middleton is a #2 like Davis or PG, but i do believe within the scheme the Bucks play and having a #1 like Giannis, he is going to be fine. plus he plays both sides of the court. the Bucks interior D is suffocating, the only way they are going to get beat is if a team gets super hot from deep over a 7 game series which i dont see happening.
    I’ve been wrong a many a time but I just don’t have the same faith in Middleton that you do. He is an overachiever and a good player. But I just don’t see that killer instinct in him. Giannis might have it but he can’t shoot so that doesn’t mean as much. Someone has to hit that big shot for the Bucks and I just don’t see it being Kris

Emperor Duncan>>>>>King James tim_duncan_fan's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Transferring fandom?

Weak.

You feasted from '97 to about '15 and now you will suffer and die in return.

Life is about balance.

Thread Information