Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Sure why not, just turn in your Spurs fan card at the door.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Well, he is entering his prime, and Milwaukee at during his first two playoff runs was a garbage team anyway barely making the playoffs. i wont hold anything against him while being coached by Jason Kidd tbh 2 years ago like you said his playoff numbers were pretty damn good. Last year, yeah he struggled against the suffocating defense of Toronto but so did Giannis. He was just fine in the previous two rounds. But yeah he really did struggle against Toronto, so i get it, but i don't think its fair to hang that over him. all teams/players have to go through their growing pains of failures before getting to the top of the mountain (except Timmy tbh) and I believe they have paid their dues and this is the year they'll break thru.

but like i said, he has taken a significant step forward (imo) this year along with Giannis and there is no team anywhere close to them in the East, there is no Kawhi or LBJ for them to run into, and having a player like Giannis to play off of who is having a GOAT level season is going to make it easier for him. i'm not saying Middleton is a #2 like Davis or PG, but i do believe within the scheme the Bucks play and having a #1 like Giannis, he is going to be fine. plus he plays both sides of the court. the Bucks interior D is suffocating, the only way they are going to get beat is if a team gets super hot from deep over a 7 game series which i dont see happening.
    I get a '94 Rockets and '03 Spurs vibe from this Bucks team. Giannis is playing at a high level like Hakeem and Duncan did during those runs and just like them during those runs he doesn't have a superstar playing next to him. Bucks have enough depth combined with Giannis playing at dominant level that I think it will be enough for them to win it all this year.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    This team is garbage but I can never turn my back on them. I got to see them win 5 les so I'm good for the rest of my life when it comes to them winning. Don't get me wrong I would love to see them in le contention again one day but realistically that could be a long time from now or it might happen again in the next several years depending on who the Spurs draft. Anyways I'm just hoping for a more exciting product in the future versus the current product we are seeing on the floor.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I would love to see Bucks,Celtics,Nuggets win it all. Those 3 teams are the least hateable out of all the contenders.

The Journey Is The Reward rudwick's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Haven't watched the Bucks but Coach Bud and historically a team that always played my Spurs tough.
    Thoughts? Anyone here doing it?
    Sure, if you’re a pussy.

6X ST MVP
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    If you don't mind being a Laker fan next year.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    This team is garbage but I can never turn my back on them. I got to see them win 5 les so I'm good for the rest of my life when it comes to them winning. Don't get me wrong I would love to see them in le contention again one day but realistically that could be a long time from now or it might happen again in the next several years depending on who the Spurs draft. Anyways I'm just hoping for a more exciting product in the future versus the current product we are seeing on the floor.
    Pretty much my thoughts

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Bucks remind of many past Spurs teams. They overachieve during the regular season because they are well coached/don't make mistakes/don't beat themselves.

However, like popovich, Bud does not believe in making adjustments - that if you out execute the other team, you'll win. Of course that's proven time and time again to not be true in the playoffs.

They are going to go as far as their superstar can carry them, just like the Spurs and Duncan. And just like Duncan, giannis appears to be the type of player that will follow orders and trust the process.

I'm rooting for the bucks. I like that giannis is not teaming up with some other superstar. I like that he purposely picked underdog type of players for his all star team. I like that they are a small market team too.
    I agree, but these Bucks are more like the old Admiral teams than those with Duncan. David had so much of the load on his shoulders that other teams knew that if they stop him, they stop the Spurs. Timmy had deeper rosters most years than David ever did. I think the really good teams will be able to slow down Giannis and the Bucks won't have the horsepower to get over the hump, just like teams were able to load up on David back in the day.

Thread Information