Page 3 of 39 FirstFirst 123456713 ... LastLast
    Watching the collapse benefactor's Avatar
    My Team
    Houston Oilers
    Post Count
    The Belichick assistant dilemma. All of them have become head coaches and think they can trade players who have one iota of disagreement with the coaching staff.
    He's gone full Schiano. Never go full Schaino.

https://www.sbnation.com/2013/10/23/...reaking-madden

My Team
    San Francisco 49ers
    Post Count
    weird choice to pay armstead but trade buckner... i thought they'd have done the opposite. maybe the older armstead wasnt attracting a first?

to be fair buckner is getting paid 4-5 mil per year more than armstead, so that was probably a consideration as well.

niners took buckner in the first round in 2016, got 4 good years from him on a rookie scale deal, and then get a first round pick back for him instead of paying 20+ per year. not bad.
    Financial move. The draft pick will allow us to replace Ward (likely resign), Sanders or upgrade the CB position

But I am almost certain we trade down to replenish our draft board

My Team
    San Francisco 49ers
    Post Count
    Damn. The NFC West is going to be entertaining next season. That is if we're not all in bubbles.
    Bloodbath

Compare the NFC West to the AFC West. It is like a collection of XFL teams

My Team
    Oakland Raiders
    Post Count
    raiders expected to reach a deal with marcus mariota

savvy move tbh, he will be a high end backup and will be a great scout team guy throughout the season

im glad the brady-raiders rumors are dying down (though i never quite bought it)

update: mariota to raiders official
    Last edited by spurraider21; 03-16-2020 at 08:55 PM.

My Team
    New England Patriots
    Post Count
    Jamie Collins and Van Noy both leaving New England, both getting fat deals from ex Patriots assistants.

Assuming Brady actually leaves we might actually be able to tank for Lawrence at this rate.

My Team
    Oakland Raiders
    Post Count

DeadlyDynasty

My Team
    Oakland Raiders
    Post Count
    how is stefon diggs more valuable than deandre hopkins?

My Team
    Oakland Raiders
    Post Count
    Cooper back to Dallas. he had a TON of leverage and damn, did he use it

60 mil guaranteed, too. cowboys going all-in with this roster tbh... and no byron jones

Last edited by spurraider21; 03-16-2020 at 10:09 PM.

My Team
    Oakland Raiders
    Post Count
    perfect storm for cooper to get PAID

a) dallas couldn't get a deal done with Dak so they weren't able to franchise tag cooper

b) if you pay dak (whether on the tag or a big contract), he will not really give you returns unless he has a cooper-like threat as a true #1

c) they just got cooper a year ago for a first round pick, they couldnt just let that walk away

and

d)

My Team
    New England Patriots
    Post Count
    Brady announces he’s leaving but it’s not clear where he’s going. Outside of Tampa and LAC there doesn’t seem to be much interest.

My Team
    Buffalo Bills
    Post Count
    Belichick needs to sign Jameis to ensure a 1-15 season tbh

My Team
    New England Patriots
    Post Count
    Belichick needs to sign Jameis to ensure a 1-15 season tbh
    The QB they drafted last year looked like from what I saw so I’m hoping they just use him, albeit watching Jameis play chuck ball with New England’s dog receivers would be entertaining as

My Team
    Buffalo Bills
    Post Count
    The QB they drafted last year looked like from what I saw so I’m hoping they just use him, albeit watching Jameis play chuck ball with New England’s dog receivers would be entertaining as
    Jameis and N’Keal Harry trying to outdumbass the other would be comedy gold

At this point Bill might as well trade Edelman too.

My Team
    New England Patriots
    Post Count
    Jameis and N’Keal Harry trying to outdumbass the other would be comedy gold

At this point Bill might as well trade Edelman too.
    Agreed, trade him to wherever Tom goes. There’s no scenario where they’re contending for a super bowl next year, this is at a minimum a 2 year rebuild.

Im still worried Belichick’s ego is going to convince him to mortgage the future in order to outperform whichever team Brady goes to next year.

Board Man Comes Home Clipper Nation's Avatar
    Post Count
    Carolina is finally coming to their senses:

My Team
    Dallas Cowboys
    Post Count
    perfect storm for cooper to get PAID

a) dallas couldn't get a deal done with Dak so they weren't able to franchise tag cooper

b) if you pay dak (whether on the tag or a big contract), he will not really give you returns unless he has a cooper-like threat as a true #1

c) they just got cooper a year ago for a first round pick, they couldnt just let that walk away

and

d)
    I think if they're tying themselves to Dak, they couldn't go into the season without Cooper. We've seen Dak with a crew of nobody receivers and it doesn't look good.
    The Zeke contract was their big mistake imo.

My Team
    Buffalo Bills
    Post Count
    Im still worried Belichick’s ego is going to convince him to mortgage the future in order to outperform whichever team Brady goes to next year.
    No doubt that happens. His ego has always taken priority over his “Patriot Way” and he’ll do something stupid and sign Dalton or Rivers just to go 8-8 or 9-7 and screw the team’s long term future.

My Team
    Buffalo Bills
    Post Count
    Carolina is finally coming to their senses:

If Bill does this, he’s officially become the Mad King.

My Team
    New England Patriots
    Post Count
    No doubt that happens. His ego has always taken priority over his “Patriot Way” and he’ll do something stupid and sign Dalton or Rivers just to go 8-8 or 9-7 and screw the team’s long term future.
    The one saving grace there is that they have no cap space now because of all the dead money so they can’t afford Dalton or Rivers.

The obvious move is to spend this offseason managing the cap and tanking for Trevor.

We've got a job to do. Darth_Pelican's Avatar
    My Team
    New Orleans Saints
    Post Count
    Cam Newton likely to be traded
    SuperCam

My Team
    Carolina Panthers
    Post Count

who will be my new team? i will follow Cam

My Team
    Buffalo Bills
    Post Count

who will be my new team? i will follow Cam
    Would be great if he’s traded to New Orleans to backup Brees

Enemy of the System Millennial_Messiah's Avatar
    My Team
    Dallas Cowboys
    Post Count
    Brady announces he’s leaving but it’s not clear where he’s going. Outside of Tampa and LAC there doesn’t seem to be much interest.
    We'll give you Dak for your 1st and 2nd picks (low picks) in 2020, and we'll sign Brady, how about that?

My Team
    Dallas Cowboys
    Post Count
    We'll give you Dak for your 1st and 2nd picks (low picks) in 2020, and we'll sign Brady, how about that?

My Team
    Dallas Cowboys
    Post Count
    Cooper back to Dallas. he had a TON of leverage and damn, did he use it

60 mil guaranteed, too. cowboys going all-in with this roster tbh... and no byron jones

Byron Jones isn't a ballhawk. 2 interceptions over the course of a 5 year rookie contract. Which is perfect for Jason Garrett, but Mike McCarthy won his championship ring with a defense and secondary that produced tons of interceptions, and that's how he intends to win another in Dallas.

Cooper had tons of leverage because the Cowboys traded away a (likely would have been high) 2019 1st round pick to get him, so no way they effectively trade that premium pick for a measly 2021 3rd round comp pick. Plus, before Cooper joined the Cowboys, they were 3-5 that year and the offense was godawful, and they finished 10-6 and went 1-1 in the playoffs.

Thread Information