Page 35 of 39 FirstFirst ... 25313233343536373839 LastLast
    My Team
    Oakland Raiders
    Post Count
    He's a slow, tall, big receiver with a big catch radius. Which was important when your QB was (s)Cam Newton. Not much of a route runner or much awareness, but can win jump balls.
    im not convinced you've ever watched either play

Enemy of the System Millennial_Messiah's Avatar
    My Team
    Dallas Cowboys
    Post Count
    im not convinced you've ever watched either play
    huh? I watched a ton of Carolina in 15 and 17 when they were an item. All the analysts said the same thing. Having a bunch of bigger receivers like Fun(chess), Cotchery, son and Benjamin (not available for 2015) made it easier on Newton because of their catch radius with regards to Newton's erratic accuracy. But there wasn't a ton of downfield throwing in those Panthers offenses. It was a time of possession offense with Newton, Stewart, Tolbert and the short passing game hogging the ball from the other team. It worked until it didn't (Newton's throwing arm fell off at some point in '18 and it was all over for that era).

Davante Adams isn't much of a deep threat, either. Excellent at jump balls and a much better route runner than a guy like Funchess, and, he has Aaron Rodgers. But the Packers offense doesn't really have legit deep wideout threats and hasn't in awhile. Aaron Jones seemed to be their best "deep ball" receiver at times last year... and he's a halfback by trade.

My Team
    Oakland Raiders
    Post Count
    Adams is a sharp route runner and is a high volume catch guy, not just a guy who goes down the field and wins jump balls. Funchess has the route running ability of an in-line TE. he basically runs a lot of vertical routes and goes up and gets it. they play completely different brands of football. Funchess was really just a less dynamic version of Kelvin Benjamin (before he got very fat)

My Team
    Oakland Raiders
    Post Count
    Apparently the NFL is willing to start the season as late as October 15, and still have a full 16 game season (eliminating bye weeks, and the week off between the conference championship and superbowl weeks)

My Team
    Dallas Cowboys
    Post Count
    Adams is a sharp route runner and is a high volume catch guy, not just a guy who goes down the field and wins jump balls. Funchess has the route running ability of an in-line TE. he basically runs a lot of vertical routes and goes up and gets it. they play completely different brands of football. Funchess was really just a less dynamic version of Kelvin Benjamin (before he got very fat)
    yeah Adams has been a poor man's Thomas for the past few years, volume catch but majority shorter stuff.

My Team
    Dallas Cowboys
    Post Count
    Apparently the NFL is willing to start the season as late as October 15, and still have a full 16 game season (eliminating bye weeks, and the week off between the conference championship and superbowl weeks)
    that would definitely push the Super Bowl to mid-late February though, since eliminating the byes and the pro bowl week would only save 2 weeks

My Team
    Oakland Raiders
    Post Count
    that would definitely push the Super Bowl to mid-late February though, since eliminating the byes and the pro bowl week would only save 2 weeks
    yup. they said they'd want the season to be wrapped up by late february. otherwise we're going to deal with a shortened season, if that.

My Team
    Oakland Raiders
    Post Count
    yeah Adams has been a poor man's Thomas for the past few years, volume catch but majority shorter stuff.
    adams is mostly a boundary receiver whereas thomas makes his living on crosses and slants using his frame and catch radius to his advantage.

My Team
    New England Patriots
    Post Count
    adams is mostly a boundary receiver whereas thomas makes his living on crosses and slants using his frame and catch radius to his advantage.
    I sometimes think MM doesnt even watch football and just makes up after glancing at stats, how the are Thomas and Adams comparable in terms of play style

My Team
    Oakland Raiders
    Post Count
    I sometimes think MM doesnt even watch football and just makes up after glancing at stats, how the are Thomas and Adams comparable in terms of play style
    similar height/weight/speed/race

he thought funchess compared to adams in style, and by extension, to michael thomas

My Team
    Oakland Raiders
    Post Count
    michael thomas is a lot more like old-man larry fitzgerald/anquan boldin... a lot of his work in the middle of the field, often times out of the slot

if you wanted davante adams comps you're more looking at hopkins, sutton, devante parker

My Team
    Dallas Cowboys
    Post Count
    michael thomas is a lot more like old-man larry fitzgerald/anquan boldin... a lot of his work in the middle of the field, often times out of the slot

if you wanted davante adams comps you're more looking at hopkins, sutton, devante parker
    Hopkins is a tier (or two) above. Sutton and Parker yeah. OR maybe Deh Bryant post-2014.

My Team
    New England Patriots
    Post Count
    similar height/weight/speed/race

he thought funchess compared to adams in style, and by extension, to michael thomas
    I know you’re joking but while their height/weight are similar, Thomas strikes me as a much better overall athlete.

I havent watched Funchess much at all but from what I’ve seen that Funchess to Adams comparison is even more re ed. Funchess is a route runner who relies on physical abilities and Adams is what I’d consider a good but not great athlete who wins with crisp route running and timing.

I cannot grok its fullnes leemajors's Avatar
    My Team
    Dallas Cowboys
    Post Count
    Pretty obvious he had never seen Lamb play.

My Team
    Dallas Cowboys
    Post Count
    Pretty obvious he had never seen Lamb play.
    I seldom watch college anymore since I've been out of college. Last college game I watched more than a few bits of was the LSU-Bama game in November. I'm pretty bummed that Mason Fine still hasn't been signed by an NFL team, tbh. Had an underwhelming senior season after a great years 2 and 3.

My Team
    Oakland Raiders
    Post Count
    i dont watch college ball at all, except maybe the CFB playoffs

but during the NFL offseason, once free agency is over, i go back and watch footage of a lot of the players who are projected to be drafted in the early rounds, or even deeper if they are players/positions of interest.

there used to be one great website called draftbreakdown.com where for just about every relevant player they would link to a video showing all of that player's snaps/targets etc, but they shut down before last year's draft, so you just have to scour for one of those databases now. this is the one i used for this year's draft

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets...gid=1274523929

these do a much better job of really letting you look at a player as opposed to finding youtube highlights. there are also some good youtube channels or twitter accounts of guys who study the players and have good breakdowns.

My Team
    Dallas Cowboys
    Post Count
    fify?

i dont watch college ball at all, except maybe the CFB playoffs

but during the NFL offseason, once free agency is over, i go back and watch footage of a lot of the players who are projected to be drafted in the Fantasy Football early rounds, or even deeper if they are players/positions of interest.

there used to be one great website called draftbreakdown.com where for just about every relevant player they would link to a video showing all of that player's snaps/targets etc, but they shut down before last year's draft, so you just have to scour for one of those databases now. this is the one i used for this year's draft

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets...gid=1274523929

these do a much better job of really letting you look at a player as opposed to finding youtube highlights. there are also some good youtube channels or twitter accounts of guys who study the players and have good breakdowns.

My Team
    Oakland Raiders
    Post Count
    no.

NFL draft, not fantasy.

My Team
    Dallas Cowboys
    Post Count
    no.

NFL draft, not fantasy.
    I meant...is your ultimate goal to know about ff relevant players? Or do you actually even check out the defensive players and linemen?

My Team
    Oakland Raiders
    Post Count
    I meant...is your ultimate goal to know about ff relevant players? Or do you actually even check out the defensive players and linemen?
    The latter... but will put more or less emphasis on positions based on the likelihood of the raiders wanting them. Plus i love NFL in general so i like knowing the guys coming in

rarely look beyond first round prospects for anything other than QB/WR/CB/Edge

My Team
    Dallas Cowboys
    Post Count
    The latter... but will put more or less emphasis on positions based on the likelihood of the raiders wanting them. Plus i love NFL in general so i like knowing the guys coming in

rarely look beyond first round prospects for anything other than QB/WR/CB/Edge

My Team
    Oakland Raiders
    Post Count
    i just never want to be caught dead calling davante adams a comparison to devin funchess, etc

oddly, i sorta unintentionally saw a lot of davante adams during the 2014 draft process because i was watching the QBs that year including Carr (Davante was his #1 option at fresno state)

My Team
    Dallas Cowboys
    Post Count
    i just never want to be caught dead calling davante adams a comparison to devin funchess, etc

oddly, i sorta unintentionally saw a lot of davante adams during the 2014 draft process because i was watching the QBs that year including Carr (Davante was his #1 option at fresno state)
    Yeah...that's ridiculous. Adams is more like Michael Thomas. Anyone can see that.

My Team
    San Francisco 49ers
    Post Count

My Team
    Dallas Cowboys
    Post Count
    Yeah...that's ridiculous. Adams is more like Michael Thomas. Anyone can see that.
    I thought Alshon Jeffery was in that mold too but he kept getting injured

Thread Information