Page 37 of 39 FirstFirst ... 2733343536373839 LastLast
    Enemy of the System Millennial_Messiah's Avatar
    My Team
    Dallas Cowboys
    Post Count
    Diggs isn't going to enjoy this

one-year-wonder Buffalo and Trash Allen is going 5-11 this year and DeadlyDynasty is going to like it

My Team
    Oakland Raiders
    Post Count
    they have a good roster, they'll win more games than that. Allen is just holding them back from being a contender. like bortles with the jags a few years ago, or biscuit with the bears 2 years ago

My Team
    Dallas Cowboys
    Post Count
    they have a good roster, they'll win more games than that. Allen is just holding them back from being a contender. like bortles with the jags a few years ago, or biscuit with the bears 2 years ago
    their defense is above average but it's not in the same league as the 2017 Jags or 2018 Bears my friend

they aren't built to win in the trenches on either side of the ball; they completely stank against the run last year. Teams that committed to running the ball (such as the mediocre Eagles, obviously the Ravens) tore them apart. They had a Charmin soft strength of schedule last year, and not just within the division. One of the worst winning/playoff teams in a long time. And a clown of a head coach who managed to out-bill o'brien Bill O'Brien

My Team
    Oakland Raiders
    Post Count
    their defense is above average but it's not in the same league as the 2017 Jags or 2018 Bears my friend

they aren't built to win in the trenches on either side of the ball; they completely stank against the run last year. Teams that committed to running the ball (such as the mediocre Eagles, obviously the Ravens) tore them apart. They had a Charmin soft strength of schedule last year, and not just within the division. One of the worst winning/playoff teams in a long time. And a clown of a head coach who managed to out-bill o'brien Bill O'Brien
    i didnt say their defense is on par with those teams, now did i

i said their roster is very good and they will get wins despite shortcomings of QB

My Team
    Dallas Cowboys
    Post Count
    i didnt say their defense is on par with those teams, now did i

i said their roster is very good and they will get wins despite shortcomings of QB
    I don't think their team is any better than the 2018 team that went 6-10, but their schedule last year was absolute cake

My Team
    Oakland Raiders
    Post Count
    am i the only one that thinks Kittle getting 5/75 is a steal for SF?

My Team
    Dallas Cowboys
    Post Count
    I haven't really thought about it until now. I guess they're getting a pretty great O-lineman and a pretty great receiver at the same time.

My Team
    Dallas Cowboys
    Post Count
    yes, but the markets for TE, ILB, and until recently, box safety... have been suppressed considerably compared to the other high-impact starting positions.

15M a year for the best player on your team is a steal... heck Sherminator at 9M a year is still a steal... but Jimmy G really shouldn't take a penny over that, because he's just a bus driver.

My Team
    New England Patriots
    Post Count
    Ravens and Earl Thomas. WTF?

My Team
    Baltimore Ravens
    Post Count
    Ravens and Earl Thomas. WTF?
    Yeah, my guess is the Ravens hated Thomas from jump street. It was probably a mistake on their part to move away from Weddel for another highly paid guy rather than replacing him in house. Cost him a third-round pick, and he might have a cap hit of $16 Million next year despite not being on the team. Thomas seems to be a really weird guy though, in a bad way. As good as he has been, it's very possible that his removal will make the rest of the team better. He got into it with Brandon Williams after like Week Two last year. This isn't sudden.

My Team
    Oakland Raiders
    Post Count
    Derwin James hurt bad again... sucks tbh. He's legit one of the best players in the league.

Chargers become a potential landing spot for Earl Thomas (even though Derwin is a different kind of animal)

My Team
    Dallas Cowboys
    Post Count
    Derwin James hurt bad again... sucks tbh. He's legit one of the best players in the league.

Chargers become a potential landing spot for Earl Thomas (even though Derwin is a different kind of animal)
    not the same kind of safety. James is more Jamal Adams / Kam Chancellor than ET

My Team
    Oakland Raiders
    Post Count
    Derwin does everything, can't pidgeon-hole him as a typical box safety like Kam

My Team
    Dallas Cowboys
    Post Count
    Derwin does everything, can't pidgeon-hole him as a typical box safety like Kam

they rarely played him as a single high safety though. He was always most successful in a Jamal Adams type of role where he can blitz, stop the run, cover short, etc. They always had a guy like Addae or Adderley back there at SHS and that was one of their weak spots in covering the deep ball. But they successfully shut down the Ravens and their run heavy scheme in the playoffs with pretty much all the safeties on their roster (including James) playing hybrid LB types of roles. Largely in part because their real LBs suck tbh, but James is definitely more of a LB/SS hybrid than a FS/SS hybrid.

Adderley was drafted last year to play FS after they jettisoned Addae, if they signed Thomas then Adderley would have to play SS, which would weaken their run support/tight end coverage (i.e. they had studs like Phillips in the past but no more; they don't currently have a proven SS on the roster with James missing).

Chargers are going to be last place in their division, rebuilding year, and I'm not sure Herbert is even in the same tier as Tua/Burrow; he might be more Jordan Love tier project type.

My Team
    Oakland Raiders
    Post Count
    Fournette waived
    you shoulda seen us in the ST fantasy draft... everybody was ting on holden for drafting him and i told him he's gonna be cut by week 8. guess i was off

My Team
    Kansas City Chiefs
    Post Count
    one-year-wonder Buffalo and Trash Allen is going 5-11 this year and DeadlyDynasty is going to like it
    And who the is suppossed to win the AFC East?

My Team
    Dallas Cowboys
    Post Count
    And who the is suppossed to win the AFC East?
    NBC has the Pats ranked #4. Too much faith in Newton, yes, but Buffalo is trash. Patriots are going 8-8 and winning the division, tbh. NFC West 2010 redux, ironically now the AFC East gets to play the stacked-ass NFC West which is now the best division in the NFL.

Wouldn't be surprised if the Rams finish last in the NFC West at 8-8. They're going to take the AFC LEast back to the woodshed, 2014 AFC North vs. NFC South style.

Arizona is my *big leap* feature team of the year, just like the 49ers last year, which I nailed (see my last year's pre-season prediction threads for that). And the 49ers and Seahawks are still heavy-weights and 7 teams get into the playoffs from now on. It's going to be a fun division. I predict three 10+ win teams.

My Team
    Green Bay Packers
    Post Count
    NBC has the Pats ranked #4. Too much faith in Newton, yes, but Buffalo is trash. Patriots are going 8-8 and winning the division, tbh. NFC West 2010 redux, ironically now the AFC East gets to play the stacked-ass NFC West which is now the best division in the NFL.

Wouldn't be surprised if the Rams finish last in the NFC West at 8-8. They're going to take the AFC LEast back to the woodshed, 2014 AFC North vs. NFC South style.

Arizona is my *big leap* feature team of the year, just like the 49ers last year, which I nailed (see my last year's pre-season prediction threads for that). And the 49ers and Seahawks are still heavy-weights and 7 teams get into the playoffs from now on. It's going to be a fun division. I predict three 10+ win teams.
    Want to link your ing horrendous playoff predictions from last year Andy?

My Team
    Oakland Raiders
    Post Count
    patriots dumped Sanu. didnt they spend a 2nd round pick on him just last year?

My Team
    New England Patriots
    Post Count
    patriots dumped Sanu. didnt they spend a 2nd round pick on him just last year?
    Yeah, I remember hating it at the time. They gave a 2nd for Sanu instead of a 3rd for Emmanuel Sanders.

Watching the collapse benefactor's Avatar
    My Team
    Houston Oilers
    Post Count
    Fournette waived
    Headed to TB

My Team
    New England Patriots
    Post Count
    1. Jimmy G trade
    2. Sanu trade
    3. Adalius Thomas signing
    4. Chandler Jones trade
    5. Laurence Maroney pick
    I didn't mind trading Chandler Jones they just got nothing for him. He was a glorified Tully Banta-Cain. Would rack up sacks against the Dolphins and Jets, but was invisible in the playoffs. A defensive version of Logan Mankins.

None of his 2nd round picks are individually as bad as anything on this list, but I'd say the 10+ 2nd round picks he's wasted on mid-round defensive talent thinking he saw something no one else did is by far the worst personnel strategy he's ever had.

Ina world of hype, we win IronMexican's Avatar
    My Team
    Oakland Raiders
    Post Count
    1. Jimmy G trade
    2. Sanu trade
    3. Adalius Thomas signing
    4. Chandler Jones trade
    5. Laurence Maroney pick
    You really rate Jimmy G?

I think most people had Maroney as the best RB that draft

My Team
    Dallas Cowboys
    Post Count
    I didn't mind trading Chandler Jones they just got nothing for him. He was a glorified Tully Banta-Cain. Would rack up sacks against the Dolphins and Jets, but was invisible in the playoffs. A defensive version of Logan Mankins.

None of his 2nd round picks are individually as bad as anything on this list, but I'd say the 10+ 2nd round picks he's wasted on mid-round defensive talent thinking he saw something no one else did is by far the worst personnel strategy he's ever had.
    Sony Michel pick

He's going to get heavy usage this year, ask for too much money, and they'll fetch a 4th for him at best tbh.

My Team
    New England Patriots
    Post Count
    Sony Michel pick

He's going to get heavy usage this year, ask for too much money, and they'll fetch a 4th for him at best tbh.
    Yeah Sony Michel was another terrible pick, he was a mid round talent at best. Idk how someone could be so bad at catching a football.

Thread Information