Page 38 of 39 FirstFirst ... 28343536373839 LastLast
    Enemy of the System Millennial_Messiah's Avatar
    My Team
    Dallas Cowboys
    Post Count
    Yeah Sony Michel was another terrible pick, he was a mid round talent at best. Idk how someone could be so bad at catching a football.
    Yeah I thought Rashaad Penny from the same year was equally bad, but aside from injuries, Penny has actually been a pleasant surprise, i.e. he is a home-run hitter vs. Chris Carson's Marshawn Lynch grinding-style act, Penny can actually catch, juke out a few guys and take one a long distance, etc. Michel doesn't even look at the ball; it made me laugh every time Brady threw to him in the flat and it hit him in the ass or back or even the arms and it appeared as if he wasn't even looking for the pass, even with Tom ing Brady as his QB.

Ina world of hype, we win IronMexican's Avatar
    My Team
    Oakland Raiders
    Post Count
    That was the Reggie Bush draft, so no. But of RB’s they had a shot at taking, they passed on DeAngelo Williams, Joseph Addai, and MJD.
    Forgot Bush was in that draft. Regardless, I think most teams pass on all those guys for Maroney. The Colts really wanted him and had to settle on Addai.

My Team
    Oakland Raiders
    Post Count
    I didn't mind trading Chandler Jones they just got nothing for him. He was a glorified Tully Banta-Cain. Would rack up sacks against the Dolphins and Jets, but was invisible in the playoffs. A defensive version of Logan Mankins.

None of his 2nd round picks are individually as bad as anything on this list, but I'd say the 10+ 2nd round picks he's wasted on mid-round defensive talent thinking he saw something no one else did is by far the worst personnel strategy he's ever had.
    Chad Jackson

My Team
    New England Patriots
    Post Count
    Joejuan Williams
    Duke Dawson
    Cyrus Jones
    Jordan Richards
    Tavon Wilson
    Ras-I Dowling
    Patrick Chung
    Darius Butler
    Terrence Wheatley

All DBs Belichick has picked in the 2nd round since 2008, and they all suck with the exception of Patrick Chung and Darius Butler (even though Darius Butler only became good after he left New England)

That's enough bad picks to get most GMs fired

My Team
    Dallas Cowboys
    Post Count
    Joejuan Williams
    Duke Dawson
    Cyrus Jones
    Jordan Richards
    Tavon Wilson
    Ras-I Dowling
    Patrick Chung
    Darius Butler
    Terrence Wheatley

All DBs Belichick has picked in the 2nd round since 2008, and they all suck with the exception of Patrick Chung and Darius Butler (even though Darius Butler only became good after he left New England)

That's enough bad picks to get most GMs fired
    you can miss on first and seconds every year and if you hit the jackpot every year on day 3 your job is perfectly safe. and if you win 3 super bowl rings in the process, it's safer than vladimir putin's post in russia.

Watching the collapse benefactor's Avatar
    My Team
    Houston Oilers
    Post Count
    Watson deal done

My Team
    San Francisco 49ers
    Post Count
    Just in time for Bill O'Brien to trade him and a third round pick for Crappolo!

My Team
    New England Patriots
    Post Count
    Just in time for Bill O'Brien to trade him and a third round pick for Crappolo!
    Well give you Newton for the Wop Sensation

My Team
    San Francisco 49ers
    Post Count
    Well give you Newton for the Wop Sensation

My Team
    Oakland Raiders
    Post Count
    the raiders trading their 3rd round pick from this draft to the dolphins for a 4th

My Team
    Dallas Cowboys
    Post Count
    No Earl Thomas news yet

My Team
    San Francisco 49ers
    Post Count
    What's the deal with Josh Rosen? Haven't really paid much attention to him.

My Team
    New England Patriots
    Post Count
    What's the deal with Josh Rosen? Haven't really paid much attention to him.
    Bad luck more than anything. IMO he's a starting quality QB.

My Team
    San Francisco 49ers
    Post Count
    That's what I figured, especially since he's gone from bad organization to bad organization.

My Team
    New England Patriots
    Post Count
    That's what I figured, especially since he's gone from bad organization to bad organization.
    Bucs apparently just signed him

My Team
    San Francisco 49ers
    Post Count
    Bucs apparently just signed him
    Saw that, to their practice squad though.

My Team
    Oakland Raiders
    Post Count
    he has starting potential... he has yet to show he's there yet, though hasn't really had any realistic opportunity yet. i read this ridiculous stat that going back to college he's had something like 8 offensive coordinators in 7 years or somethin absurd like that

his problem is that he's an unathletic stiff, so he really needs to show he can be a quick processor. i guess studying behind brady is a good way to get that done. he would be a more natural fit in an air coryell offensive system, like what arians does. arians worked wonders with carson palmer, too.

My Team
    Dallas Cowboys
    Post Count
    he has starting potential... he has yet to show he's there yet, though hasn't really had any realistic opportunity yet. i read this ridiculous stat that going back to college he's had something like 8 offensive coordinators in 7 years or somethin absurd like that

his problem is that he's an unathletic stiff, so he really needs to show he can be a quick processor. i guess studying behind brady is a good way to get that done. he would be a more natural fit in an air coryell offensive system, like what arians does. arians worked wonders with carson palmer, too.
    The problem with the air coryell deep-throw-first offense is it relies on the QB to drop back deep and hold on to it for awhile, which puts intense pressure on your OL (especially your OTs) to hold up in pass protection, and with a rookie and a scrub on either side at OT that's a major problem for the Bucs (as it was often in Arizona which led to Palmer's injuries and retirement). You really need elite tackles to play that system and that's why Arians hasn't made it to a Super Bowl despite having high-octane offense teams.

Rosen playing QB (for instance, if Brady gets covid or gets nicked up this year, or if Rosen is the future there at QB when Brady retires in any case) just compounds that problem, since he's notorious for standing tall in the pocket and being completely oblivious to pressures; I believe he set a (dubious) record for sack-fumbles allowed per dropback his rookie year in AZ. Yes, the O-line and Steve Wilks were bad, but that's always been a major bugaboo in Rosen's game. He has an arm and he's accurate. But he'll never start until he gets that seven-step-drop-sack-fumble gig out of his regular regimen.

My Team
    Dallas Cowboys
    Post Count
    I just think a lot of teams in general are switching over to the quick-throw, use your halfbacks and slot guys in the flats a lot, etc. type of west coast-ish offenses so they don't have to spend as much salary cap and general investment in the OLine. Look at the Patriots. That way you can invest a whole lot more in other parts of the roster, especially on defense.

My Team
    Oakland Raiders
    Post Count
    arians was very successful in arizona with palmer. its not all defined by superbowls. andy reid didnt miraculously become a great coach overnight just because he won a superbowl in 2020. he had been great for decades. when palmer had his mvp-caliber 2015 year, they didnt lose because of the scheme or pass pro... palmer outright choked against the panthers

My Team
    San Francisco 49ers
    Post Count
    arians was very successful in arizona with palmer. its not all defined by superbowls. andy reid didnt miraculously become a great coach overnight just because he won a superbowl in 2020. he had been great for decades. when palmer had his mvp-caliber 2015 year, they didnt lose because of the scheme or pass pro... palmer outright choked against the panthers
    Wasn't Palmer hurt and unable to play in that game against the Panthers?

My Team
    Oakland Raiders
    Post Count
    Wasn't Palmer hurt and unable to play in that game against the Panthers?
    dont remember an injury, but he played and threw 4 picks and fumbled twice

https://www.pro-football-reference.c...1601240car.htm

My Team
    San Francisco 49ers
    Post Count
    dont remember an injury, but he played and threw 4 picks and fumbled twice

https://www.pro-football-reference.c...1601240car.htm
    Swear I remember Ryan Lindley, his back-up, being the one to play in det one. We gave cat got for the Panthers not playing anyone at full strength that postseason until getting embarrassed in the SB.

Edit: that was 2015, not 2016

My Team
    Oakland Raiders
    Post Count
    Swear I remember Ryan Lindley, his back-up, being the one to play in det one. We gave cat got for the Panthers not playing anyone at full strength that postseason until getting embarrassed in the SB.

ah. yeah palmer's big season was 2015, so it was the 2016 postseason

My Team
    Dallas Cowboys
    Post Count

Yes. Palmer was injured at the tail end of their promising 2014 season (thus the Ryan Lindley sub-100 yard game), and Palmer was also oft-injured and in and out of the lineup in 2016 when Arizona struggled (basically the end of that team and era). But they didn't go down in 2017 without taking the entire Seattle "legion of boom" down with them. Lol.

Bruce Arians and Palmer had a great year in 2015. But they didn't really have good playoff success in that era; the Arians-Palmer team's only playoff victory came in OT at home against a very much injured Green Bay opponent who wasn't particularly great that year aside from Aaron Rodgers' two miracle hail-mary's.

Thread Information