Page 8 of 39 FirstFirst ... 45678910111218 ... LastLast
    Enemy of the System Millennial_Messiah's Avatar
    My Team
    Dallas Cowboys
    Post Count
    nobody is going to trade a first for Dak while also having to give him a new contract.

the two forms of currency teams have to improve their teams are draft picks and cap space. its very uncommon for a team to use both resources on the same player at the same time. we saw it with buckner this offseason, frank clark last year, khalil mack the year before (2 firsts). but those moves are increasingly rare. dak is going to want a multi-year deal paying him 35 mil or more. that alone is a big burden for a team to take on, and they're going to NEED their draft picks to continue building a roster while having that contract on the books.
    I agree but, some teams are desperate. Some teams (see: 2017 Jaguars, 2017 Vikings) might think they are even an average/competent QB (not Mahomes tier, but Dak/Wentz tier) away from a legit shot at a le run.

I don't think Belicheat is going to do it, because he's too smart to not try and tank for T-Law. Plus, the rest of their offense sucks. They're not a QB away IMO.

But some other teams might think they are. 49ers are pretty much committed to an average one who is probably worse than Dak. But there are other teams out there who are doing worse than Prescott. The question is, do we at the moment have a team that is "a QB away"? The Colts would have fit that category, but now they got Rivers. Is Rivers better than Dak? At this stage of his career, nope, but he's certainly a gunslinger and will take tons of risks against zone coverage that Dak wouldn't dare throwing. So it's really up in the air

My Team
    Dallas Cowboys
    Post Count
    probably. though if i'm the chargers im also going to be really tempted to take Isaiah Simmons.

Derwin James is already a monster and one of the most versatile defensive players in the league, having him AND simmons would be nasty. they already have a great corner group with Casey Hayward, Chris Harris, and Desmond King... Bosa/Ingram at the edge, linval joseph up the middle.

but yeah, no QB.
    you forgot their prized FS Nasir Adderley that they got last year in the draft. Don't know yet if they're bringing back Phillips or not but he's been solid SS/NLB for them over the years.

My Team
    Oakland Raiders
    Post Count
    rams releasing todd gurley

he should go to tampa imo, but apparently has atlanta (he went to georgia) and miami on his shortlist

rams are self destructing with a bunch of bad moves, none of which are the Goff deal tbh. gurley's deal was atrocious. brandin cooks' deal is atrocious. they just gave TWO first round picks for jalen ramsey, which is an all-in move, but here they are releasing gurley and trying to move cooks. they lost dante fowler after trading a 3rd for him.
    Last edited by spurraider21; 03-19-2020 at 03:13 PM.

My Team
    Oakland Raiders
    Post Count
    texans trading hopkins for a broken DJ when they could have just signed a broken gurley instead

My Team
    New England Patriots
    Post Count
    texans trading hopkins for a broken DJ when they could have just signed a broken gurley instead
    I feel bad for Hopkins tbh.

My Team
    Oakland Raiders
    Post Count
    I feel bad for Hopkins tbh.
    i dont. kyler is a stud, and that offense is as pass happy as they come. houston was always going to implode with all the draft picks they had given away. this draft class has a lot of great tackles... cards will grab one with their first round pick in all likelihood and that offense will hum

My Team
    Oakland Raiders
    Post Count
    Sean Payton tested positive for COVID-19

My Team
    Dallas Cowboys
    Post Count
    i dont. kyler is a stud, and that offense is as pass happy as they come. houston was always going to implode with all the draft picks they had given away. this draft class has a lot of great tackles... cards will grab one with their first round pick in all likelihood and that offense will hum
    I don't think Kyler is a stud. He's a niche guy, a heck of a runner and basically a poor man's Lamar Jackson but in a pass scheme instead of Harbaugh's run-and-run scheme. But he's like 5'8" which means it's going to be tough for him to get passes over the line without being batted down. He's a baseball pitcher, so we know he can throw bullet passes with high heat, but what about the jump ball type of throws that Hopkins feasts on?

My Team
    Dallas Cowboys
    Post Count
    he's 56, should be fine.

Jerry Jones is 77. I hope he gets it

We've got a job to do. Darth_Pelican's Avatar
    My Team
    New Orleans Saints
    Post Count
    Not surprising at all tbh.

My Team
    Dallas Cowboys
    Post Count

he should go to tampa imo, but apparently has atlanta (he went to georgia) and miami on his shortlist

rams are self destructing with a bunch of bad moves, none of which are the Goff deal tbh. gurley's deal was atrocious. brandin cooks' deal is atrocious. they just gave TWO first round picks for jalen ramsey, which is an all-in move, but here they are releasing gurley and trying to move cooks. they lost dante fowler after trading a 3rd for him.
    Damn. Gurley and Johnson. Pretty good proof why not to pay an RB big money. Good thing the Cowboys avoided this trap.

My Team
    Dallas Cowboys
    Post Count
    I don't think Kyler is a stud. He's a niche guy, a heck of a runner and basically a poor man's Lamar Jackson but in a pass scheme instead of Harbaugh's run-and-run scheme. But he's like 5'8" which means it's going to be tough for him to get passes over the line without being batted down. He's a baseball pitcher, so we know he can throw bullet passes with high heat, but what about the jump ball type of throws that Hopkins feasts on?
    Probably fine. By your premise, Kyler's balls will be thrown at steeper angles anyway.

My Team
    Dallas Cowboys
    Post Count
    That in mind...

The NFC West is already the best division in football and they get to play both the entire NFC East and entire AFC East in 2020, the worst 2 divisions in football. Get ready for some gaudy 2020 records out West (except for the Rams, they're regressing big time).

Fortunately, 7 teams in the playoffs will almost guarantee that we won't have any 10-6 teams missing the playoffs any more.

My Team
    Dallas Cowboys
    Post Count
    Bruce Irvin and Michael Bennett back to Seattle. Bringing the legion of boom front 7 back together to some extent (they still had Wagner and Wright left over at ILB). But their secondary still stinks, especially at CB.

My Team
    San Francisco 49ers
    Post Count
    Gurley jobless in post Corona world

Bum

My Team
    Dallas Cowboys
    Post Count
    Gurley jobless in post Corona world

Bum
    he's still getting paid around 8 million a year the next couple years by the Rams' salary cap to literally do nothing. Joke's on the LA Lambs and Sean McGay, per par.

he can sign a vet minimum or similar salary (maybe 2 mil to get him up to 10 mil per annum) to play for literally anyone, and he'd only count a tiny amount against the new team's cap. Would be a of a backup for Zeke. Or they can split reps to keep each other fresh for the playoffs Week 17 play-in game that they will inevitably lose and fall to 8-8.

My Team
    Kansas City Chiefs
    Post Count

Good move, tbh. Running backs don't matter. Any undrafted free agent from the street would provide similar production. It depends on the holes the OL provides.

My Team
    Dallas Cowboys
    Post Count

they're going to have to pay Ramsey and Kupp soon.

The Goff deal was kind of meh, but mandatory because you'd rather have an average QB than one that keeps you in the gutter year after year no matter how good the rest of your team is.

The Donald deal was exorbitant but you simply can't justify letting him go.

The Cooks deal was pretty bad because of his injury history; he's simply a guy who either needs to take a discount or be a career mercenary. He can take the top off a defense but he's not top tier and he's not as good at his own archetype as Tyreek Hill or DeSean Jackson (when they're healthy).

Naturally the Gurley deal was the worst, and the "don't pay RBs" schtick has officially been validated I believe. Almost every team will go RBBC starting early this decade, if they haven't already.

My Team
    Oakland Raiders
    Post Count
    im not laughing because cutting gurley was wrong. i'm laughing because they're eating something like 20 mil in dead cap this year just to dump what was obviously a poor contract to begin with

My Team
    Dallas Cowboys
    Post Count
    im not laughing because cutting gurley was wrong. i'm laughing because they're eating something like 20 mil in dead cap this year just to dump what was obviously a poor contract to begin with
    around 16 mil but still yeah pretty bad. they decided to cut him outright instead of designating him as a June cut so they're eating all the money this year instead of spreading it over two... which I do think is a pretty smart move.

My Team
    Kansas City Chiefs
    Post Count
    Payment tier in the NFL should be:

-QB
    -Linemen (D and O)
    -Defensive backs
    -WR and TE
    -LB and RB

In fact, I don't know why LB's are even a thing anymore. Just field 3 DL and 8 defensive backs. Only LB worth having are the elite ones that basically have DB speed.

My Team
    Dallas Cowboys
    Post Count

-QB
    -Linemen (D and O)
    -Defensive backs
    -WR and TE
    -LB and RB

In fact, I don't know why LB's are even a thing anymore. Just field 3 DL and 8 defensive backs. Only LB worth having are the elite ones that basically have DB speed.
    the best LBs in the game like deion jones, bobby wagner, jordan hicks etc are basically strong safeties of the past.

My Team
    Oakland Raiders
    Post Count

-QB
    -Linemen (D and O)
    -Defensive backs
    -WR and TE
    -LB and RB

because they are going to have to take on TE's and occasionally linemen in the run game and the screen game. while the league has become passing oriented, it's not like teams dont run the ball anymore. even KC survived in the superbowl because of damien williams on the ground tbh... but yeah, gone are the days of hulking unathletic "tackle machines"... now teams covet the more mobile linebackers like wagner, deion jones, cj mosely... the top ones in the draft are Isaiah Simmons (he's linebacker/safety), kenneth murray, patrick queen.

if you just go with 7 traditonal DBs you're going to get bulldozed

"base defense" used to be 3-4 or 4-3 fronts with 4 defensive backs, but nowadays the most common personnel group is nickel (1 less linebacker, 1 more corner) because most teams trot out 3 WR's and dont use fullbacks

I cannot grok its fullnes leemajors's Avatar
    My Team
    Dallas Cowboys
    Post Count
    because they are going to have to take on TE's and occasionally linemen in the run game and the screen game. while the league has become passing oriented, it's not like teams dont run the ball anymore. even KC survived in the superbowl because of damien williams on the ground tbh... but yeah, gone are the days of hulking unathletic "tackle machines"... now teams covet the more mobile linebackers like wagner, deion jones, cj mosely... the top ones in the draft are Isaiah Simmons (he's linebacker/safety), kenneth murray, patrick queen.

if you just go with 7 traditonal DBs you're going to get bulldozed

"base defense" used to be 3-4 or 4-3 fronts with 4 defensive backs, but nowadays the most common personnel group is nickel (1 less linebacker, 1 more corner) because most teams trot out 3 WR's and dont use fullbacks
    Yeah imagine Derrick Henry vs his idea of a defense

My Team
    Oakland Raiders
    Post Count
    Yeah imagine Derrick Henry vs his idea of a defense
    DB's also get murdered in the screen game, or anytime a guard pulls to the outside... unless you have a monster like kam chancellor

Thread Information