My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Judge orders Chelsea Manning released from jail

FALLS CHURCH, Va. — A federal judge on Thursday ordered the release of former Army intelligence analyst Chelsea Manning, who has been incarcerated since May for refusing to testify to a grand jury.

U.S. District Judge Anthony Trenga ordered Manning’s release from jail after prosecutors reported that the grand jury that subpoenaed her has disbanded.

The judge left in place more than $256,000 in fines he imposed for her refusal to testify to the grand jury, which is investigating WikiLeaks. The fines had been ac ulating at a rate of $1,000 a day.

A hearing in the case that had been scheduled for Friday has now been canceled. Manning had argued that she had shown through her prolonged stay at the Alexandria jail that she proved she could not be coerced into testifying and therefore should be released.

On Wednesday, her lawyers said she attempted suicide while at the jail.

Manning was held since May for refusing to testify before a grand jury investigating Wikileaks. She spent an additional two months in jail earlier in 2019 for refusing to testify to a separate grand jury.

She could have faced nearly six more months of jail time if the grand jury had continued its work. The civil contempt citation was designed to coerce her testimony.

https://www.politico.com/

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    they were torturing her so she can rat out Assange

she stood strong

she won

Chelita Chelita USA!

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    Bravo

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    $1000 / day

while Trash, Barr, and his mafiya refuse cooperate Cons utionally with Congress and are not penalized.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I always call bull on these attempted suicide claims. It's always some emo got doing it. You can't kill your damn self what good are you?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    they were torturing her so she can rat out Assange

she stood strong

she won

Chelita Chelita USA!
    she? you seen that man?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I always call bull on these attempted suicide claims. It's always some emo got doing it. You can't kill your damn self what good are you?
    basically. it's the sympathy card played as always.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    And petraeus is running around making millions of dollars as a consultant, never paid a fine, neve, served jail, for divulging state secrets to his buddy.
    Last edited by boutons_deux; 03-13-2020 at 03:47 PM.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    And petraeus is running around making millions of dollars as a consultant never paid a fine never serve jail for divulging State secrets to his buddy
    feinstein had a chinese spy driving her old ass around for 20 yrs... where were you on that?
    hillary destroyed evidence after being subpoenaed... where were you on that?
    obama and the whole of the intel spied on citizens and president elect... where were you on that?

Thread Information