Page 38 of 88 FirstFirst ... 2834353637383940414248 ... LastLast
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Ya realize Trump isn't getting beat this November right? Creepy Joe barely knows where's he's at most of the time.
    And Trump does? He’s obviously in dementia.

He lost the popular vote by 3M, winning because of 100K votes spread through 3 key states, Michigan, Wisconsin, PA, and is in the process of quadrupling the death toll of the pandemic by urging his FOX followers (and Trump voters) out into the pandemic. I guess you could call that purging the GOP voter rolls.

Yeah, he could easily lose. Biden ain’t all that, but he has two things that will draw the center: he isn’t progressive, and he isn’t Trump.

Born Slippy
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Our health minister was defending Australian testing rates as one of the best in the world.. per million we test on average 2500.

He compared to the US which he said was 50 per million. Thats crazy low.

My sis in Dallas is so worried about it spreading like a wildfire. She saying not enough testing kits to contain the spread.

We both agreed , when possible stay at home and isolate the family.

Born Slippy
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Hope you all can ride this out and most of you avoid catching corona.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Democrats are too naive to win, they want to play nice, they want to get a consensus when they are in power.
    Are you an actual human being? Have you paid attention at all to the last 10 or so years? I will give you that both sides can be assholes, and both side can be exorbitantly stupid... but the democrat party is no bunch of angels...they do have a lot of friends among "journalists" though. Nor are they actually any smarter.

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Are you an actual human being? Have you paid attention at all to the last 10 or so years? I will give you that both sides can be assholes, and both side can be exorbitantly stupid... but the democrat party is no bunch of angels...they do have a lot of friends among "journalists" though. Nor are they actually any smarter.
    I’ve never seen the Democrats with the swift boat veterans lies for Kerry, the pizzagate for Clinton, the birthers for Obama... Republicans will invent the craziest stories about their opponent.

when Obama had control of the house and senate, he should have passed his healthcare reform without caring what republicans thought, he didn’t. When the republicans have control, they do whatever they want.

I know that this is politics and democrats also do their shenanigans but never to that extent.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I’ve never seen the Democrats with the swift boat veterans lies for Kerry, the pizzagate for Clinton, the birthers for Obama... Republicans will invent the craziest stories about their opponent.

when Obama had control of the house and senate, he should have passed his healthcare reform without caring what republicans thought, he didn’t. When the republicans have control, they do whatever they want.

I know that this is politics and democrats also do their shenanigans but never to that extent.
    I repeat, are you paying attention?

Recently: The assorted Brett Kavanaugh smears - he's a sex fiend who ran a rape ring in high school! The Russian dossier - Don Trump's a commie agent, the Manchurian Candidate is Real! Older: Rathergate - Bush faked his national guard service!

Exactly what concessions did the democrats make to republicans in passing Obamacare? To quote Barrack Obama "I Won". They took zero input from the republicans and got zero votes in congress from them as a result. Then the republicans went and won a senate election, which would have given them enough votes to filibuster it in the senate... "Elections have consequences"... so they forced a partial bill through before new member could be seated, and locked in all sorts of structural problems. Again, with zero republican votes.

Shennanigans but never to that extent - it is clear at this point, the Obama government was illegally using the power of the federal government to attack it's political opponents in 2012 (IRS scandal) and 2016 (FISAgate).

To quote from Ronald Reagan "It's not that liberals aren't smart, it's just that so much of what they know isn't so"... I think you're living in what's known as a media bubble; you might want consider a broader perspective. Or at least a little healthy skepticism when someone tells you that they're a) so much smarter than the people opposing them; the people on the other side are morons! b) they're so much morally superior to the other side; the people on the other side are "EEEVILLLL"... especially when you're shoving roughly half the population in that box...

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Recently: The assorted Brett Kavanaugh smears - he's a sex fiend who ran a rape ring in high school! The Russian dossier - Don Trump's a commie agent, the Manchurian Candidate is Real! Older: Rathergate - Bush faked his national guard service!

Exactly what concessions did the democrats make to republicans in passing Obamacare? To quote Barrack Obama "I Won". They took zero input from the republicans and got zero votes in congress from them as a result. Then the republicans went and won a senate election, which would have given them enough votes to filibuster it in the senate... "Elections have consequences"... so they forced a partial bill through before new member could be seated, and locked in all sorts of structural problems. Again, with zero republican votes.

Shennanigans but never to that extent - it is clear at this point, the Obama government was illegally using the power of the federal government to attack it's political opponents in 2012 (IRS scandal) and 2016 (FISAgate).

To quote from Ronald Reagan "It's not that liberals aren't smart, it's just that so much of what they know isn't so"... I think you're living in what's known as a media bubble; you might want consider a broader perspective. Or at least a little healthy skepticism when someone tells you that they're a) so much smarter than the people opposing them; the people on the other side are morons! b) they're so much morally superior to the other side; the people on the other side are "EEEVILLLL"... especially when you're shoving roughly half the population in that box...
    About Trump and Russia. Sorry but trump was caught many times lying about this issue (why lie if you did nothing wrong), a lot of of his people got indicted trying to protect him. Just because, they couldn't prove his direct involvement at the end doesn't mean that he is not guilty. I would not compare the russian story to the pizzagate for example.

Regarding Rathergate , the first media to question these allegations were "liberal" ones. I never see fox or other conservative network criticize anything trump says even when it is a blatant lie, do you? I said it already but Fox is not able to operate as a news media in the UK anymore as it was caught too many times lying, it can only be an entertainment media there.

After, I agree with you about democrats having a sense of superiority, they have a hard time to connect to the average person. They should realize that the average voter is dumb (in any country) and act like it instead of trying to be paternalistic. Republicans understand that better and know how to use that to their advantage. I go back to my Roman comparison: give them food and entertainment and people will be happy and not question anything.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

No you're in a bubble

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    About Trump and Russia. Sorry but trump was caught many times lying about this issue (why lie if you did nothing wrong), a lot of of his people got indicted trying to protect him. Just because, they couldn't prove his direct involvement at the end doesn't mean that he is not guilty. I would not compare the russian story to the pizzagate for example.

Regarding Rathergate , the first media to question these allegations were "liberal" ones. I never see fox or other conservative network criticize anything trump says even when it is a blatant lie, do you? I said it already but Fox is not able to operate as a news media in the UK anymore as it was caught too many times lying, it can only be an entertainment media there.

After, I agree with you about democrats having a sense of superiority, they have a hard time to connect to the average person. They should realize that the average voter is dumb (in any country) and act like it instead of trying to be paternalistic. Republicans understand that better and know how to use that to their advantage. I go back to my Roman comparison: give them food and entertainment and people will be happy and not question anything.
    Again, ARE YOU PAYING ATTENTION!
    I'm not running interference for Don Trump here, he has his own bull .

The Russian Dossier was a fake; opposition research bought and paid for by the Hillary Clinton campaign. The FBI KNEW it was unreliable and un-corroborated, and still threw it in front a FISA court, claiming it was reliable. The dossier was a major league lie by the Democrats for electoral advantage. it's way worse than Pizzagate, for example, because Pizzagate was a bull thread on Qanon. The Russian dossier on the other hand was used to throw American citizen's rights in the garbage (the Fourth Amendment), and then used to hamstring the incoming administration with a special prosecutor for 2 years, who came to the conclusion that "“[T]he investigation did not establish that members of the Trump Campaign conspired or coordinated with the Russian government in its election interference activities.” So Don Trump was (and is) not a manchurian candidate...

Rathergate was not first questioned by the "liberal ones". I was alive and paying attention then... were you? The "liberal ones" were the ones pushing it on their front pages, to attack the Bush campaign. Just who do you Dan Rather worked for? Fox? Do you think Rather's a republican? The people who blew it up as a blatant hoax, were a "bunch of bloggers in their pajamas"! (and right wing talk radio). There's a reason why the line about "a bunch of bloggers in their pajamas" became famous...

As far as realizing the average voter "is dumb and act like it instead of trying to be paternalistic" (not that I'm real sure that I believe that...but there are a bunch of people with, let's call it an unearned sense of superiority), let's quote one of the architects of Obamacare, John Gruber, "Lack of transparency is a huge political advantage. Call it the stupidity of the American voter or whatever, but basically, that was really, really critical for the thing to pass." or "Exploiting the stupidity of the American voter is fun and easy: kinda like squeezing a lemon."...

BOTH side lie. BOTH sides play games. Get out of your bubble.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Bubble speaking to bubble. Lol

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Just another day in the neighborhood.

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Again, ARE YOU PAYING ATTENTION!
    I'm not running interference for Don Trump here, he has his own bull .

The Russian Dossier was a fake; opposition research bought and paid for by the Hillary Clinton campaign. The FBI KNEW it was unreliable and un-corroborated, and still threw it in front a FISA court, claiming it was reliable. The dossier was a major league lie by the Democrats for electoral advantage. it's way worse than Pizzagate, for example, because Pizzagate was a bull thread on Qanon. The Russian dossier on the other hand was used to throw American citizen's rights in the garbage (the Fourth Amendment), and then used to hamstring the incoming administration with a special prosecutor for 2 years, who came to the conclusion that "“[T]he investigation did not establish that members of the Trump Campaign conspired or coordinated with the Russian government in its election interference activities.” So Don Trump was (and is) not a manchurian candidate...

Rathergate was not first questioned by the "liberal ones". I was alive and paying attention then... were you? The "liberal ones" were the ones pushing it on their front pages, to attack the Bush campaign. Just who do you Dan Rather worked for? Fox? Do you think Rather's a republican? The people who blew it up as a blatant hoax, were a "bunch of bloggers in their pajamas"! (and right wing talk radio). There's a reason why the line about "a bunch of bloggers in their pajamas" became famous...

As far as realizing the average voter "is dumb and act like it instead of trying to be paternalistic" (not that I'm real sure that I believe that...but there are a bunch of people with, let's call it an unearned sense of superiority), let's quote one of the architects of Obamacare, John Gruber, "Lack of transparency is a huge political advantage. Call it the stupidity of the American voter or whatever, but basically, that was really, really critical for the thing to pass." or "Exploiting the stupidity of the American voter is fun and easy: kinda like squeezing a lemon."...

BOTH side lie. BOTH sides play games. Get out of your bubble.
    then tell me why trump’s friends were indicted for false statement and witness tempering if there is nothing to it? You are naive if you believe that trump was not involved in all of this.

rathergate. Yes, I was not only alive and living in the states at the time. Sorry but usa today, washington post, newyork time, abc... all came out to question CBS. Have you seen fox question trump or other republican presidents when they lie? Not very often.

I agree that both sides lie, I’ m just saying that republicans are willing to go farther. Iraq war for another example? Never got any apology from republicans on that one

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Hmm and how many Democrats voted for that war....Biden???

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Gallup Poll: Handling of Virus Gives Trump Record Approval

President Donald Trump's job approval rating is up to 49%, according to the latest Gallup poll, a tie for his highest on record, likely due to a bump from his handing of the coronavirus pandemic.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

President Donald Trump's job approval rating is up to 49%, according to the latest Gallup poll, a tie for his highest on record, likely due to a bump from his handing of the coronavirus pandemic.

Alleged Michigander ChumpDumper's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Rally round the flag effect less than expected.

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Hmm and how many Democrats voted for that war....Biden???
    PLEAAAAASE, the republicans were basically calling anybody who was not supporting the war unpatriotic, enemies of the state. The republican were in power, had control of all branches and made the case. We now know that this is was all a big lie, that hundreds of thousands of people died as a consequence, trillions were wasted, the complete Middle East and Arab world world was destabilized and more terrorists were created, ISIS being one of them. So, yes the republicans, again (Iran, Osama Bin Laden...), were responsible for a huge tragedy but live their lives like nothing happened, no apology, no accountability. The party of personal responsibility definitely has a problem taking responsibility.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The Republicans also presented the Democrats false intelligence of weapons of mass destruction to sway their votes.

In October 2002, Bush said that Saddam Hussein had a "massive stockpile" of biological weapons. But as CIA Director George Tenet noted in early 2004, the CIA had informed policymakers it had "no specific information on the types or quan ies of weapons agent or stockpiles at Baghdad's disposal." The "massive stockpile" was just literally made up.

In December 2002, Bush declared, "We do not know whether or not [Iraq] has a nuclear weapon." That was not what the National Intelligence Estimate said. As Tenet would later testify, "We said that Saddam did not have a nuclear weapon and probably would have been unable to make one until 2007 to 2009." Bush did know whether or not Iraq had a nuclear weapon — and lied and said he didn’t know to hype the threat.

On CNN in September 2002, Condoleezza Rice claimed that aluminum tubes purchased by Iraq were "only really suited for nuclear weapons programs." This was precisely the opposite of what nuclear experts at the Energy Department were saying; they argue that not only was it very possible the tubes were for nonnuclear purposes but that it was very likely they were too. Even more dire assessments about the tubes from other agencies were exaggerated by administration officials — and in any case, the claim that they’re "only really suited" for nuclear weapons is just false.

On numerous occasions, Cheney cited a report that 9/11 conspirator Mohammed Atta had met in Prague with an Iraqi intelligence officer. He said this after the CIA and FBI concluded that this meeting never took place.

More generally on the question of Iraq and al-Qaeda, on September 18, 2001, Rice received a memo summarizing intelligence on the relationship, which concluded there was little evidence of links. Nonetheless Bush continued to claim that Hussein was "a threat because he’s dealing with al-Qaeda" more than a year later.

In August 2002, Cheney declared, "Simply stated, there's no doubt that Saddam Hussein now has weapons of mass destruction." But as Corn notes, at that time there was "no confirmed intelligence at this point establishing that Saddam had revived a major WMD operation." Gen. Anthony Zinni, who had heard the same intelligence and attended Cheney’s speech, would later say in a do entary, "It was a total shock. I couldn't believe the vice president was saying this, you know? In doing work with the CIA on Iraq WMD, through all the briefings I heard at Langley, I never saw one piece of credible evidence that there was an ongoing program."

The Bush administration on numerous occasions exaggerated or outright fabricated conclusions from intelligence in its public statements. Bush really did lie, and people really did die as a result of the war those lies were meant to build a case for. Those are the facts.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Looks like the cut and paste crew are at it again.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Imagine being stupid enough to think Trump is handling this well.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Didn't you hear? Yesterday he declared that we have already won.

Mission accomplished.

Every game is game 1 Seventyniner's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    There's a reason I vote third party. All mud-slinging does is ensure everyone gets dirty.

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Sure. Then imagine Hillary Clinton in charge. She would have done what Obama did during h1n1, jack .

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    This place is about as toxic as it has ever been. Hard to believe that this is a basketball site.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Debating if our president is inadequate is like arguing water is wet! Has nothing to do with his politics.....he has always been a extremely flawed person. He’s a special type of stupid...... he doesn’t see past himself.

Thread Information