Page 59 of 88 FirstFirst ... 94955565758596061626369 ... LastLast
Results 1,451 to 1,475 of 2186
    Forum Official Personal Life Coach BacktoBasics's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    How do you know? There's a cause and effect, no? With a pandemic response team in place, maybe a few lives could have been saved, no? We could have stockpiled enough PPE, ventilators, etc all the way back in January. CV19 is not Trump's fault--his response or lack thereof is, then and now.
    Coulda woulda shoulda is the same thing they’d be saying too.

Give me the quote from early January where a politician stated we should begin stockpiling. I’ll be happy to applaud that foresight. Republican or Democrat. Not being sarcastic either. Once late February or even early March rolled around it was nothing more than hindsight.

It’s easy to find criticism in January when it’s all both sides do. I didn’t see a lot of hard line suggestions at that time.

Alleged Michigander ChumpDumper's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I agree with the first point. You have no way real ability to prove the second.
    I can reasonably argue that just about any politician to which I referred would've followed most of the pandemic playbook that had been developed in the previous two administrations. Of course it's not totally provable.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I can reasonably argue that just about any politician to which I referred would've followed most of the pandemic playbook that had been developed in the previous two administrations. Of course it's not totally provable.
    You don’t know what that playbook really consists of anyway. But more to the point you don’t know how closely anyone would follow that playbook.

Does the playbook call for a hard lockdown? We both know that no politician would be an advocate for that. Cuomo argued the other day about any governments ability to create a hard quarantine. So you know it wouldn’t fly on either side.
    Last edited by BacktoBasics; 04-15-2020 at 06:07 PM.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Coulda woulda shoulda is the same thing they’d be saying too.

Give me the quote from early January where a politician stated we should begin stockpiling. I’ll be happy to applaud that foresight. Not being sarcastic either. Once late February or even early March rolled around it was nothing more than hindsight.

It’s easy to find criticism in January when it’s all both sides do. I didn’t see a lot of hard line suggestions at that time.
    , there's no way most politicians had the intel Trump did when he got it.

I can give you feedback from when they did get the intel:

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    , there's no way most politicians had the intel Trump did when he got it.

I can give you feedback from when they did get the intel:

I appreciate the effort but that’s not January and that’s not exactly what I asked for.

I don’t disagree with the tweet but at that point they were 3 weeks away from the first reported death. So again... we would have started implementing things in January to be truly effective. I don’t believe anyone would have done that.

So maybe another politician moves a week or two before trump. Great. Maybe it makes a small difference but we’d still be looking at 20k+ deaths.
    Last edited by BacktoBasics; 04-15-2020 at 06:17 PM.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    You don’t know what that playbook really consists of anyway.
    It's available for anyone to read.

https://www.politico.com/news/2020/0...council-149285

https://assets.do entcloud.org/doc...c-Playbook.pdf

Even a rube like me can walk through it pretty easily.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I appreciate the effort but that’s not January and that’s not exactly what I asked for.
    I'm saying that the executive branch gets all this information that other politicians don't get until the executive gives it to them. It's folly to ask what you did because it assumes every politician has the same intel at the same time.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I'm saying that the executive branch gets all this information that other politicians don't get until the executive gives it to them. It's folly to ask what you did because it assumes every politician has the same intel at the same time.
    You’re meandering a bit.

For any leader to have made a significant difference in outcome they would have needed to begin a strong response in January and a hard travel ban and lockdown in February. Before anyone even died. No politician would have done that.

You can split hairs all you want and I do agree that every one of those split hairs deserves it but it doesn’t move the needle in a significant measurable way.

6X ST MVP
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Their death rate is four times that of Norway and eight times that of Finland.
    Cos NWO a-holes like you are fudging numbers.

Swedish officials had announced only 17 new deaths on Saturday, an implausibly low figure after an average jump of 94 during the week.
    Health officials now say that 50 deaths were registered on Saturday, but many of them have not been revealed until after Easter.
    Similarly, the 12 new deaths announced on Sunday were only a fraction of the 54 people who are now said to have died that day.
    https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...-training.html
    Last edited by Spurtacular; 04-15-2020 at 06:32 PM.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The ing people can’t even do the right thing. Look at those morons in Michigan.

6X ST MVP
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Are you out of your mind? Sweden have a lot of deaths compared to other countries with similar population. In fact they’re the 6th worst for deaths per a million people. As a result they’ve recently changed their tune completely - check what their prime minister said just a couple of days ago. They’re a total failure.
    All while building immunity and having numbers that don't justify shutting down a country indefinitely.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    You’re meandering a bit.

For any leader to have made a significant difference in outcome they would have needed to begin a strong response in January and a hard travel ban and lockdown in February. Before anyone even died. No politician would have done that.
    I don't think those things needed to be done quite as early as you think. If you can think of the strongest possible federal response at any time, you can bet W would've done it. It was his thing. Obama would've followed his own playbook and Hillary probably would've done the same. I can't think of any modern president who would've let things go as long as Trump did.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    They started out doing less than Sweden.

I gave you Sweden's closest neighbors with similar demographics and terrain.

You jumped across the continent.

Uh, was that an edit?

I was responding to this:

And much better than the likes of Italy and others who have shut down.

6X ST MVP
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    They started out doing less than Sweden.

I gave you Sweden's closest neighbors with similar demographics and terrain.

You jumped across the continent.

Uh, was that an edit?

I was responding to this:
    Muh F5 mashing

You did give the standard talking point.

Sweden added 170 coronavirus deaths to its official tally today in a widely-expected surge after only a handful of cases were reported over the weekend, as shown on this graph
    Media can't get their lies straight.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The ing people can’t even do the right thing. Look at those morons in Michigan.

Oi.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Muh F5 mashing

You did give the standard talking point.

Media can't get their lies straight.
    What lies?

Norway's total death number stands at about 150.

Finland's is around 80.

6X ST MVP
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    What lies?

Norway's total death number stands at about 150.

Finland's is around 80.
    170 dying vs. only a handful of reported cases. Hence why I listed that, genius.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I don't think those things needed to be done quite as early as you think. If you can think of the strongest possible federal response at any time, you can bet W would've done it. It was his thing. Obama would've followed his own playbook and Hillary probably would've done the same. I can't think of any modern president who would've let things go as long as Trump did.
    Again. You’re missing my point or unintentionally making my point for me.

Long?

That’s a stretch. I think he was behind a bit. A week or two. But going back to my point, without that strong early response little changes. That’s really the only thing that would have significantly moved the needle. Results would be similar had someone acted a week or two sooner and not much is different than where we’re at now.
    Last edited by BacktoBasics; 04-15-2020 at 07:02 PM.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    After looking at page after page that has been posted the only thing this thread has proven is the people who hated Trump before Coronavirus still hate Trump.

Defense Wins Championships Texas_Ranger's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    if trump saves a baby from a burning building, people will still ask why didnt he save the building aswell.

what uganda do about it? Joseph Kony's Avatar
    My Team
    Seattle Supersonics
    Post Count
    After looking at page after page that has been posted the only thing this thread has proven is the people who hated Trump before Coronavirus still hate Trump.
    Not really. Proves there are a lot of re s on this forum that slurp his up and look like complete dip s now not that they didn't already tbh

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    170 dying vs. only a handful of reported cases. Hence why I listed that, genius.
    Sweden has had 1200 deaths and 11,000 reported cases.

You really don't understand anything.

6X ST MVP
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Sweden has had 1200 deaths and 11,000 reported cases.

You really don't understand anything.
    I understand that those numbers are inflated AF. Hence the discrepancy with a caption saying only a handful of reported cases on the weekend. Hence a propaganda video that actually showed an empty ICU.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Again. You’re missing my point or unintentionally making my point for me.

Long?

That’s a stretch. I think he was behind a bit. A week or two.
    That's all it took. Two weeks makes an enormous difference with a virus whose infection rate can increase exponentially.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I understand that those numbers are inflated AF. Hence the discrepancy with a caption saying only a handful of reported cases on the weekend. Hence a propaganda video that actually showed an empty ICU.
    You don't die instantly when you get the disease, derp.

Holy , you need this explained to you?

Thread Information