Page 76 of 88 FirstFirst ... 266672737475767778798086 ... LastLast
Results 1,876 to 1,900 of 2186
    Alleged Michigander ChumpDumper's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I mean Trump declares he has absolute power and his AG wants to suspend cons utional rights and it's Democrats you're afraid of.

Take the fcking keys away baseline bum's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Trump doesn't even think we need testing and contact tracing now to open the country, with 52,000 dead.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    LOL, Biden was in charge of the H1N1 response.

And since all flus are the same to you guys -

Biden - H1N1 - 12,000 + deaths from 2009 - 2010

Pence - COVID19 - 52,400 deaths from early February 2020 - late April 2020
    No moron, they are not the same, estimated infection fatality rate for H1N1 in the US : 60.8E6 cases. 12469 dead. IFR 0.0002. Estimated R0 = 1.5

Estimated IFR CCP Virus .001 to .0036
    https://www.cebm.net/covid-19/global...atality-rates/
    Estimate R0 2-2.5
    https://www.businessinsider.com/coro...ad-2020-3?op=1

5 to 18 times more lethal per case. Twice as contagious... Also had to deal with China covering up data and preventing response... Yep, the Trump admin is (relatively) doing a lot better than Obama did.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    No moron, they are not the same, estimated infection fatality rate for H1N1 in the US : 60.8E6 cases. 12469 dead. IFR 0.0002. Estimated R0 = 1.5

Estimate R0 2-2.5

5 to 18 times more lethal per case. Twice as contagious... Also had to deal with China covering up data and preventing response... Yep, the Trump admin is (relatively) doing a lot better than Obama did.
    Did Trump do anything wrong RE: this pandemic.

If yes, what?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

If yes, what?
    This question is always interesting

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Also richest country in the world can't do early testing and contact tracing while pissants like South Korea and Taiwan can be right on top of it.
    Let's look at what I said:

Actually, it's pretty unlikely. We don't have the same legal system, nor the same level of let's call it "social control" as they do:

"South Korea has used data from surveillance cameras, cellphones and credit card transactions to map the social connections of suspected cases."

Legally getting access to that data in the US would be extremely difficult, especially tied to individual medical records. Not to mention that kind of thing is theoretically a state level responsibility - you would have to get them onside. Not to mention our government integrated surveillance camera density (and data integration) is simply miniscule compared to theirs.

"In 2014, South Korean cities had over 8 million CCTV cameras, or one camera per 6.3 people. In 2010, everyone was captured an average of 83.1 times per day and every nine seconds while travelling. These figures are likely to be much higher today. Considering the physical size of the country, it is safe to say South Korea has one of the highest densities of surveillance technology in the world."

Whereas in the US, the vast majority of CCTV cameras are in private and commercial use, not databased for national use. It would be very hard to implement the South Korean model
    Rich don't do jack and squat for that, unless you start a couple of years earlier...And we're back to you ignoring the point and arguing straw-men again.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Neither Baseline Bum nor ChumpDumper has dared answer my 5 questions. It's like they're afraid...

So here they are again:
    1) When was the last time a presidential candidate was forced out of a speaking engagement in a major city by threats of violence?
    2) Did the mayor of the city or the governor of the state support the candidate speaking and pull out all the stops to keep order, or did they give in to the threats without trying to resist?
    3) Which party was the presidential candidate from? Which party did the mayor and the governor belong to?
    4) Is this a major violation of the cons utional rights of free speech and free assembly?
    5) Has such a thing happened to a presidential candidate of the other party after 1900? Ever?

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    There is no defense for shutting down a political speech with threats of violence. What did you think of Trump talking about assassinating Hillary Clinton with second amendment remedies?
    I mean Trump declares he has absolute power and his AG wants to suspend cons utional rights and it's Democrats you're afraid of.

He's assuredly not perfect, but running your mouth isn't the same thing as actually doing something...

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Neither Baseline Bum nor ChumpDumper has dared answer my 5 questions. It's like they're afraid...

So here they are again:
    1) When was the last time a presidential candidate was forced out of a speaking engagement in a major city by threats of violence?
    2) Did the mayor of the city or the governor of the state support the candidate speaking and pull out all the stops to keep order, or did they give in to the threats without trying to resist?
    3) Which party was the presidential candidate from? Which party did the mayor and the governor belong to?
    4) Is this a major violation of the cons utional rights of free speech and free assembly?
    5) Has such a thing happened to a presidential candidate of the other party after 1900? Ever?
    You're afraid of Democrats and like the guy who declared absolute power for himself and let his AG call to suspend cons utional rights.

I'll say all your questions point to Democrat bad. I don't share your conclusion that the Republic is threatened by whatever you're talking about and I'm not doing the research.

I'm asking you your opinion on this:

If yes, what?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

So here they are again:
    Um I answered that it's completely unacceptable to shut down political speeches with threats of violence. What did you think of Trump egging his crowd on with talk of assassinating Clinton with second amendment remedies?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    He's assuredly not perfect, but running your mouth isn't the same thing as actually doing something...
    Great, my question to you is about what he has done.

If yes, what?

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Yeah... that Reagan had absolutely nothing to do with that...
    but he was responsible for a major deficit, Osama Bin Laden and Saddam Hussein. Not bad.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    but he was responsible for a major deficit, Osama Bin Laden and Saddam Hussein. Not bad.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

If yes, what?
    Yep, it's been absolutely clear that a lot of the publicly released modeling has been absolute garbage (2.2 Million dead, WTF?). He may have panicked. It's impossible to prove with any certainty, but a nationwide shutdown may not have been justified; handling it state by state might have been more appropriate (and definitely less economically damaging).

If he'd learned the mask lesson: everybody masks...N95 is nice (save them for healthcare personnel/emergency responders), but not a requirement, from Taiwan/South Korea/Hong Kong, we'd have been much better off, IMO.

He runs his mouth a lot, but a) he's always done that, and b) he is trying to fight a political war, with a national press that's more interested in pulling him down than helping the country.

You could say he didn't have the vision to understand what was coming, but he did react quite quickly (for a US gov't). Stating that this was wrong though, needs to be put in perspective - I can't say that I see Hillary Clinton seeing what was coming either; she who tried to run up margins in California, rather than campaign in Michigan...

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Obama's pandemic playbook.

The one where he emptied the national stockpile of N95 masks, and didn't replenish it before he left office (6 years later)...

The one where he waited until 1000 Americans were dead, and 2 months after WHO had declared a pandemic to declare a national emergency. Translating that to this plague, WHO declared a pandemic on March 11, so there would be no National emergency until May. No, we'll be generous and say he'd go for the 1000 Americans dead - which was March 26 in this case. Yep, the response would just be SO much better than the Trump administration putting together a task force in January...
    the republicans had money to give to the wealthiest but not to replenish the stock pile the past 3.5 years? Very poor planing on their part

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Um I answered that it's completely unacceptable to shut down political speeches with threats of violence. What did you think of Trump egging his crowd on with talk of assassinating Clinton with second amendment remedies?
    You haven't answered the 5 questions. I will note that Hillary is not pushing up daisies...

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Estimate R0 2-2.5

Republicans were telling us that this was just the flu, were they wrong again?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Yep, it's been absolutely clear that a lot of the publicly released modeling has been absolute garbage (2.2 Million dead, WTF?). He may have panicked. It's impossible to prove with any certainty, but a nationwide shutdown may not have been justified; handling it state by state might have been more appropriate (and definitely less economically damaging).

If he'd learned the mask lesson: everybody masks...N95 is nice (save them for healthcare personnel/emergency responders), but not a requirement, from Taiwan/South Korea/Hong Kong, we'd have been much better off, IMO.

He runs his mouth a lot, but a) he's always done that, and b) he is trying to fight a political war, with a national press that's more interested in pulling him down than helping the country.

You could say he didn't have the vision to understand what was coming, but he did react quite quickly (for a US gov't). Stating that this was wrong though, needs to be put in perspective - I can't say that I see Hillary Clinton seeing what was coming either; she who tried to run up margins in California, rather than campaign in Michigan...
    So he didn't really do anything wrong except overreact.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    he is trying to fight a political war, with a national press that's more interested in pulling him down than helping the country.
    What a load. Trump gets the exact press he seeks to so he can go get on the cross for the 30%. He has been manipulating the media expertly for 40 years now. He knows what he's doing, it's what he's best at.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    And don't forget enabled the rise of China...

But he did succeed in taking down the USSR, with it's 26000 nukes aimed at the US, and Communist ideology dedicated to taking over the world. For a nation that is a super-power, this is known as the cost of doing business. It's better than the cost of going out of business...

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    You haven't answered the 5 questions. I will note that Hillary is not pushing up daisies...
    Neither is Trump so everything's ok, questions answered then.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

But he did succeed in taking down the USSR, with it's 26000 nukes aimed at the US, and Communist ideology dedicated to taking over the world. For a nation that is a super-power, this is known as the cost of doing business. It's better than the cost of going out of business...
    No that was Bush.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Trump took out a $211,000,000 loan from the Bank of China.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Healthy people in their 30s and 40s, barely sick with COVID-19, are dying from strokes
    https://www.sfgate.com/news/article/Healthy-people-in-their-30s-and-40s-barely-sick-15224874.php?fbclid=IwAR25obNxjNGCsJo9tTUkCsD0jbC5 OhOEPjqB86oGwQwAeDFsbZ8yrflPHMw

The patient's chart appeared unremarkable at first glance. He was male, no medications, no history of chronic conditions. He had been feeling fine, hanging out at home during the lockdown like the rest of America, when suddenly, he had trouble talking and moving the right side of his body. Imaging showed a large blockage on the left side of his head.

As Oxley, an interventional neurologist, began the procedure to remove the clot, he observed something he had never seen before. On the monitors, the brain typically shows up as a tangle of black squiggles - "like a can of spaghetti," he said - that provide a map of blood vessels. A clot shows up as a blank spot. As he used a needlelike device to pull out the clot, he saw new clots forming in real time around it. "This is crazy," he remembers telling his boss.

Many doctors expressed worry that, as the New York City Fire Department was picking up four times as many people who died at home as normal during the peak of infection, that some of the dead had suffered sudden strokes. The truth may never be known because so few autopsies were conducted.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Healthy people in their 30s and 40s, barely sick with COVID-19, are dying from strokes
    https://www.sfgate.com/news/article/Healthy-people-in-their-30s-and-40s-barely-sick-15224874.php?fbclid=IwAR25obNxjNGCsJo9tTUkCsD0jbC5 OhOEPjqB86oGwQwAeDFsbZ8yrflPHMw

The patient's chart appeared unremarkable at first glance. He was male, no medications, no history of chronic conditions. He had been feeling fine, hanging out at home during the lockdown like the rest of America, when suddenly, he had trouble talking and moving the right side of his body. Imaging showed a large blockage on the left side of his head.

As Oxley, an interventional neurologist, began the procedure to remove the clot, he observed something he had never seen before. On the monitors, the brain typically shows up as a tangle of black squiggles - "like a can of spaghetti," he said - that provide a map of blood vessels. A clot shows up as a blank spot. As he used a needlelike device to pull out the clot, he saw new clots forming in real time around it. "This is crazy," he remembers telling his boss.

Many doctors expressed worry that, as the New York City Fire Department was picking up four times as many people who died at home as normal during the peak of infection, that some of the dead had suffered sudden strokes. The truth may never be known because so few autopsies were conducted.

New York isn't Real America. Who cares? Just discount them from the national numbers.

Thread Information