Page 42 of 88 FirstFirst ... 3238394041424344454652 ... LastLast
Results 1,026 to 1,050 of 2186
    Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    April 1st is going to go down as the ugliest day in the history of this nation. And then May 1st will be worse.
    You really have no idea... Just off the top of my head: Pearl Harbor. Gettysburg (51000 casualties over 3 days). Dec 20th 1860 South Carolina initiates secession and makes the US civil war (the bloodiest war in US history) inevitable. It is pretty much certain we will see less casualties than the 1918 flu, so there were almost certainly worse days in 1918. If you're talking economics, Oct 29th, 1929; Black Tuesday.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    a 3 month head start to do something about it and the US still managed to top Italy/China in confirmed cases.

https://www.worldometers.info/coronavirus/

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    FFS, ducks. You can't be serious.
    They are dying with it not from it
    All have other issues before it

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Of the 5 worst presidents in US history, Trump holds all 5 spots.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    You really have no idea... Just off the top of my head: Pearl Harbor. Gettysburg (51000 casualties over 3 days). Dec 20th 1860 South Carolina initiates secession and makes the US civil war (the bloodiest war in US history) inevitable. It is pretty much certain we will see less casualties than the 1918 flu, so there were almost certainly worse days in 1918. If you're talking economics, Oct 29th, 1929; Black Tuesday.
    You really have no idea what’s coming. April 1st is going to be a bloodbath of firings and layoffs. How are those people supposed to eat? Pay their rent or mortgage? It’s going to make Oct 29th look like a tea party. Corporations will go under. Banks will fail. All because 35% of this country lost their minds and formed a cult around a reality show host.

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Any trump cult fellators apologize and ask for forgiveness yet?

Hope the cultists drink that poison fast!

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    over 950 dead in Italy in a 24h span... Insane. Really hope the US has a lower toll. Best of luck to everyone...
    how many of the deaths in italy are old people and the illegal immigrants??

if the later is greater number, explains why italy govt dgaf since they are not italians

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Welcome to the new dark ages.

Yeah, this is self-inflicted wound and it's going to be really bad, especially for the Trump supporters.

Those left posting in this thread do so holding their noses knowing they have already received misinformation that could be detrimental to their families. They believe him now when he says that he's doing a great job like they believed him when he said it was a hoax and even made fun of this entire situation over and over as if it was nothing at a campaign rally. He said it was contained and totally under control.

65 years old is the MEDIAN age of Fox viewers and this is about to come crashing down around them pretty hard. They aren't going to fair well because their leader is telling them he wants them to sit in churches on Easter. That's what they get to plan their health and financial guidance to for the next few months.

They don't mind that Trump told Pence not to return the governors calls if they have been outspoken about the lack of help from the federal government or that they aren't appreciative. They don't understand that to Trump, we're all Puerto Ricans but they soon will.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    You really have no idea what’s coming. April 1st is going to be a bloodbath of firings and layoffs. How are those people supposed to eat? Pay their rent or mortgage? It’s going to make Oct 29th look like a tea party. Corporations will go under. Banks will fail. All because 35% of this country lost their minds and formed a cult around a reality show host.
    Every country in the WORLD is going through the same thing what magic wand would you have used? And yeah I am not worried about dying from the virus but I am scarred to death of being jobless and the economy collapses again that will be the biggest issue this country will face.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Every country in the WORLD is going through the same thing what magic wand would you have used? And yeah I am not worried about dying from the virus but I am scarred to death of being jobless and the economy collapses again that will be the biggest issue this country will face.
    Yeah, this is what bugs me about this whole thread... This boundless faith that somehow, Hillary Clinton (of all people) being in the oval office, would result in magical fixing of the things that have gone wrong.

Alleged Michigander ChumpDumper's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Yeah, this is what bugs me about this whole thread... This boundless faith that somehow, Hillary Clinton (of all people) being in the oval office, would result in magical fixing of the things that have gone wrong.
    Agreed.

Just about anyone else in office would've avoided the worst of this current storm.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    a 3 month head start to do something about it and the US still managed to top Italy/China in confirmed cases.

https://www.worldometers.info/coronavirus/
    it was supposed to disappear like a miracle, what happened? lmao

Take the fcking keys away baseline bum's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    it was supposed to disappear like a miracle, what happened? lmao
    Where is that ing moron palangi who thought this would be no big deal for America?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I'm wondering when the rioting is going to start as people are evicted en masse.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    They don't understand that to Trump, we're all Puerto Ricans but they soon will.
    Holy , boy does that sum things up succinctly.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    They are dying with it not from it
    All have other issues before it
    First, not all have other issues
    Second, does it matter if they have other issues?
    Third, yes Covid-19 does kill you.

Below video is an 8 min understanding. It explains what it does to your body and why some die.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BtN-goy9VOY&t=3s

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Where is that ing moron palangi who thought this would be no big deal for America?
    He got his gun and his bible, tbh

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Probably try to shoot the virus or bore it to death reading scripture, tbh

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    That's when having a social system helps. Not having to worry if you can pay the hospital bill, knowing that you can have unemployment to a level that's sufficient to live with are not crazy communist measures but basic safety nets to protect citizens.

Conservative (citizens and companies) are always yelling capitalism out of their lungs but anytime there is a problem, they are the first ones to ask the government for bailout and help. Why should the government help big corporations that preferred to give money to stock holders instead of saving cash in case of an emergency? Conservative are quick to say that poor people don't know how to manage their money but defend rich people who have the same behavior. If the wealth was better distributed, Americans could be better protected for situation like that but keep believing in trickle down economy if you want despite the fact that it has been proven countless times not to work. I bet you that after this crisis, employees will be asked to make an effort to save their companies but stock holders will still get their dividends and companies will continue with stock buybacks.

I hope that you won't lose your job.
    Last edited by Frenchfred; 03-28-2020 at 04:03 AM.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The magic wand would have been taking steps in January, when they first knew about it, not March. The curve would have been flattened, and the deaths would have been a fraction of what they will be now. Every country is experiencing the pandemic, but it’s not the same experience. The ones with good, proactive leadership have flattened their curves: Japan, S Korea, and the like. Their medical facilities are coping, not completely overwhelmed like Italy, who was almost as stupid as us, and how we will be very shortly.

Covid19 isn’t the only reason to stat home. I wouldn’t advise getting in a car wreck, or having a stroke or coronary, or any other major medical issues for the next 3 months or so. ERs will be overwhelmed, and even Italy, with the #2 health system in the world, stopped doing trauma.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Trump should have listened to scientists back in January. All were explaining how contagious covid-19 is and that we need to test everyone to get covid-19 under control in the US. Trump didn't and now our economy is wrecked. Blame Trump, he's the president. Not the media, not China, not Barack Obama, not our Governors, and certainly not Hillary Clinton.

Republicans don't believe in science. It's not too late for other states, but Trump is still fumbling the ball and ignoring scientists and saying this should be over in 2 weeks and he wants to see families in church for Easter. Insane.

You have a fringe news organization with millionaire opinion personalities dedicated to influencing your opinion for their political agenda. Wake up. You base you and your families safety and finances off of their misinformation. Watch real news that interviews scientists, healthcare experts and researchers that deliver facts and explain the situation. Democrats aren't your enemies. The rich are separating and dividing us through Fox news. Quit bowing to the rich.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Lol that old tholdren hasn't been on ST in over a week. Old fart probably has coronavirus despite being so hygienic

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Lol that old tholdren hasn't been on ST in over a week. Old fart probably has coronavirus despite being so hygienic
    Should've washed his hands more.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Spending around 700 billion a year on the military and these ing morons let the country get shut down by a Chinese guy eating a bat 7k miles away.

Bandwaggoner since '73 stepmonkey's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    https://www.theatlantic.com/ideas/ar...l-task/608743/

"The qualities we most need in a president during this crisis are calmness, wisdom, and reassurance; a command of the facts and the ability to communicate them well; and the capacity to think about the medium and long term while carefully weighing competing options and conflicting needs. We need a leader who can persuade the public to act in ways that are difficult but necessary, who can focus like a laser beam on a problem for a sustained period of time, and who will listen to—and, when necessary, defer to—experts who know far more than he does. We need a president who can draw the nation together rather than drive it apart, who excels at the intricate work of governing, and who works well with elected officials at every level. We need a chief executive whose judgment is not just sound, but exceptional.

There are some 325 million people in America, and it’s hard to think of more than a handful who are more lacking in these qualities than Donald Trump."

Thread Information