Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I agree. 2 lottery picks plus tobias. I would not have minded letting tobias walk too if he still wanted his full max. Getting SGA and whoever else they would have wanted. Along with lonnie.
    They didn't offer both picks, just one, and it was in the range where people are ing about ours being this year.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Can't just be any former Pop assistant; there's been some god awful ones like Boylen. Only Pop assistants I'd want taking over are Bud, Brett, Becky, Tim, or Udoka. Otherwise go with someone like Atkinson.
    True, boylen was terrible.
    I wasn't too high on Messina either but wasn't sure if he was ever a legit candidate for us.

i always wished Bud to be our next HC. Once he got with the bucks and with Giannis, i knew that thought was forever gone. He's in a good situation there.

half man half amazing
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    It would have taken sheer perfection for it to continue. We're not exactly gushing with talent, and we're not particularly close to that 8 spot.
    Haha, they're shifting the goalposts now.

The team that won 48 games last year suddenly has no talent?

Any talent shortfalls are due to the incompetent front office.

But the biggest factor, by far, in the Spurs underachieving is the horrible coaching job by popovich. He might be the worst coach in the NBA at this point. What a fall.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Haha, they're shifting the goalposts now.

The team that won 48 games last year suddenly has no talent?

Any talent shortfalls are due to the incompetent front office.

But the biggest factor, by far, in the Spurs underachieving is the horrible coaching job by popovich. He might be the worst coach in the NBA at this point. What a fall.
    We didn't have a ton of talent last year, and were 7th, dead tied for 8th. The year before, we finished in 7th, tied for 8th, and one game ahead of the Nuggets, who had the tiebreaker. Had we lost the last game, we would have ended the streak two years sort of Portland. It's not a sudden fall.

Make a trade steal
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    How fortunate Spurs fans have had it!
    Glorious times in the past where every year there was a chance.
    Sad how hard it’s has crashed under poop’s drunk dementia.
    It was a good run. Thanks Tim Duncan!
    It is not Pop's coaching. The team just is not good enough talent wise and it is going to take some trips to the lottery to stock up on some talent and with some luck land another franchise player.

Can Spur fans support losing seasons or is the team going to have to relocate.

Make a trade steal
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    They didn't offer both picks, just one, and it was in the range where people are ing about ours being this year.
    Yes, two picks were offered in the end(close to the draft). The Spurs showed no interest. Had the Spurs insisted on getting two picks then it would have been a done deal but they showed no interest.

The Spurs were not proactive in chasing down offers to make a deal because they did not want to trade Leonard.

Marc Stein

League sources say the Clippers have been trying to lure the Spurs into Kawhi Leonard trade talks with an offer featuring their two lotto picks and Tobias Harris, but it appears they'll be making the 12th and 13th pick for themselves — with Michael Porter Jr. still on the board.

League sources said yes, the spurs said no but the spurs were not proactive in trying to make a trade, that is why nothing happened until later.

I would have gone after the number 10 pick with Phil in a trade with the 13th pick and taken Mikal Bridges at 10 and then draft Michael Porter at 13.
    Last edited by rascal; 03-09-2020 at 09:31 PM.

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    It is not Pop's coaching. The team just is not good enough talent wise and it is going to take some trips to the lottery to stock up on some talent and with some luck land another franchise player.

Can Spur fans support losing seasons or is the team going to have to relocate.
    Coronavirus will make them relocate

Make a trade steal
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Nobody really cares about 22. When you have Duncan for as long as they had him you are going to make the playoffs all those years. Spurs success is directly a result of Duncan.

Now let's see how good the front office is without Duncan.

6X ST MVP
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    There was really no reason to not get 23 if we weren't going to tank right, imo.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    There was really no reason to not get 23 if we weren't going to tank right, imo.
    Exactly...why not go for a record that will probably never be broken than move up a couple spots in the draft?

6X ST MVP
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Exactly...why not go for a record that will probably never be broken than move up a couple spots in the draft?
    I think Marcus Morris backing out and losing Bertans ripped Gregg's heart out. I have no other explanation for starting Forbes/Lyles all season on a half ass tank job.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Edit: Nvm. I guess it does.

If the season were to end, will that keep the record intact?
    Last edited by anonymouse; 03-25-2020 at 07:24 PM.

Thread Information