Page 11 of 23 FirstFirst ... 78910111213141521 ... LastLast
    Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    NBA is signaling they don’t expect a big drop off in cap, so owners will be spending more than they’re typically used to.

Not sure how it impacts Spurs vis-a-vis other teams. You may see teams with bloated payrolls though try to dump guys into cap space. If they do that, it means less cap space a guy like Demar could sign into. I have a feeling that even if he walks, Spurs likely are able to structure a trade that brings back assets.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    NBA is signaling they don’t expect a big drop off in cap, so owners will be spending more than they’re typically used to.

Not sure how it impacts Spurs vis-a-vis other teams. You may see teams with bloated payrolls though try to dump guys into cap space. If they do that, it means less cap space a guy like Demar could sign into. I have a feeling that even if he walks, Spurs likely are able to structure a trade that brings back assets.
    Assets make make money, and I guarantee that they won't be as good as he is. There's no point in dying the proverbial death of a thousand cuts. You let him walk, and you move on. We have assets already who have been stuck behind him, and they all need playing time next year.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Fck him,and his game,tbh. I hate his emo personality,and constant whining on the court. His hero ball/choking,and being able to let players get in his head so easily.Every spur player is a good teammate,wtf does that matter? Obviously the spurs fo is at fault,but they aint going anywhere so we might as well dump decancer
    Yup

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Nope, he's bad defender and has been for his career. This season he ranked 91st out of 98th in DRPM among SF's.
    Damn. Yeah he’s bad

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    If or when NBA returns I swear I won't say anything bad about DeRozan/Spurs' FO/DJ's hoes/...

Damn I even miss Beli.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    If or when NBA returns I swear I won't say anything bad about DeRozan/Spurs' FO/DJ's hoes/...

Damn I even miss Beli.

Id take 10 more years of forbes if it meant getting back to normal. id even co-sign a mills hefty exstension
    Last edited by slick'81; 04-10-2020 at 11:55 PM.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Damn I even miss Beli.
    I’d rather the NBA be canceled forever than see that piece of DeRozan suit up ever again for the spurs

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I’d rather the NBA be canceled forever than see that piece of DeRozan suit up ever again for the spurs
    lol

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    How do we know if we are even going to have a "next season"?

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    How do we know if we are even going to have a "next season"?
    If it involves DeRozan and Forbes I'd rather the roni wipe us all out.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    So silly. Why be mad at DeRozan for choosing to get his money on a perfectly valid contract?

He didn’t ask to be traded. You want to be mad? Be mad at the brain trust of Pop, RC and Brian Wright for agreeing and pursuing that trade.

1) It’s his money and there is zero wrong with staying for the money. Beyond that, it’s not like he’s a bad person and causing public waves/issues. He’s been a good teammate and while I don’t like his game overall, he’s done what he can do. If he were being a d*ck? Sure, I can understand being mad. But he’s just doing what any rational person may do - explore his options.

2) Spurs if they don’t like it can control the situation. They choose NOT to trade him at the last deadline. Again, all angry arrows point back to Pop, RC and Brian Wright for their horrific handling of the trade (not the Kawhi part, but what they targeted and pursued and agreed to). If he does not opt out? They can trade him if they have the wherewithal to do so and he has absolutely zero say.

But this is all about the Spurs. Be mad at them, not DDR.

The alternative was to let Kawhi sit out for a year and get nothing for him in return. In retrospect that was probably the better option, but hindsight is 20/20.

Truth is, in the right environment DDR could be a good player. The Spurs just have a ty roster. No defense, no shooting, Murray hasn't developed and LMA is starting to show his age a little bit.

Not all Demar's fault. He's usually the best player on this group of misfits most nights.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

The alternative was to let Kawhi sit out for a year and get nothing for him in return. In retrospect that was probably the better option, but hindsight is 20/20.

Truth is, in the right environment DDR could be a good player. The Spurs just have a ty roster. No defense, no shooting, Murray hasn't developed and LMA is starting to show his age a little bit.

Not all Demar's fault. He's usually the best player on this group of misfits most nights.
    Yeah, Kawhi sitting out was a good option, but I think if SA pursued picks/youth they would have gotten a better deal. But at a minimum, they should have traded DeRozan after his first year. Now his value is lower due to his contract and how the Spurs flamed out with him.

But hopefully they can still get a first round pick out of him via trade (by taking on a bad contract for an extra year).

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Toronto trying to mend fences with DDR via Jeff Garcia. Not sure if that has any relevance of a homecoming.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Anyone backing this pos is beyond help. Its like sticking with trump even though hes leading you to be slaughtered

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    According to bleacher report spurs best blockbuster trade option for demar

1. San Antonio Spurs receive: Frank Ntilikina, LAC 2020 first-round pick
      New York Knicks receive: DeMar DeRozan
      In mid-March, Chris Haynes of Yahoo Sports reported that DeMar DeRozan planned to decline his $27.7 million player option in 2020-21 if he and the San Antonio Spurs don't reach an extension before then. He also reported the New York Knicks were "expected to be interested" if he does become a free agent.
      The COVID-19 pandemic may make DeRozan think twice about opting out.
      With the league facing upward of $1 billion in losses if it must cancel the remainder of the regular season and the playoffs, the 2020-21 salary cap could be in danger of falling below the latest $115 million projection. Only a handful of teams are projected to have cap room this summer either way, but a cap decline could further cut into their spending power.
      If DeRozan opts in, the Knicks could still acquire him by offering Frank Ntilikina and the Clippers' 2020 first-round pick to the Spurs. He would immediately become their go-to offensive option and help them improve their 27th-ranked offense while young players such as RJ Barrett, Dennis Smith Jr., Kevin Knox and Mitc Robinson could slide into complementary roles.
      Ntilikina and a late first-round pick may not seem like much for a former All-Star such as DeRozan, but the Spurs are quickly speeding toward a rebuild. Flipping him for anything beats losing him for nothing in free agency or overpaying him.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    �� This would be an interesting trade scenario if it did go through. Ntilikina, from what I read, is a 6-4 point guard with a 7-0 wingspan. He's not a prolific scorer, but it sounds like his assists are decent. Unsure of his defensive abilities, but with that wingspan, he could, with some good coaching, could possibly become a decent defensive player. But the bottom line is that it's another PG! I would guess to move DW4 into the starting lineup at the SG position, and put Ntilikina in the 2nd unit as the PG. At least with this scenario, the Spurs would have yet another first round pick (late), but as the article pointed out, this would add to what would seem to be a rebuild. When the Spurs eventually cross that �� it's gonna be interesting to see what they will actually do, but I have a feeling that it will be �� ��

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

In mid-March, Chris Haynes of Yahoo Sports reported that DeMar DeRozan planned to decline his $27.7 million player option in 2020-21 if he and the San Antonio Spurs don't reach an extension before then. He also reported the New York Knicks were "expected to be interested" if he does become a free agent.
      With the league facing upward of $1 billion in losses if it must cancel the remainder of the regular season and the playoffs, the 2020-21 salary cap could be in danger of falling below the latest $115 million projection. Only a handful of teams are projected to have cap room this summer either way, but a cap decline could further cut into their spending power.
      If DeRozan opts in, the Knicks could still acquire him by offering Frank Ntilikina and the Clippers' 2020 first-round pick to the Spurs. He would immediately become their go-to offensive option and help them improve their 27th-ranked offense while young players such as RJ Barrett, Dennis Smith Jr., Kevin Knox and Mitc Robinson could slide into complementary roles.
      Ntilikina and a late first-round pick may not seem like much for a former All-Star such as DeRozan, but the Spurs are quickly speeding toward a rebuild. Flipping him for anything beats losing him for nothing in free agency or overpaying him.
    I'd rather let him walk than take that crap back.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I'd rather let him walk than take that crap back.
    No way. A first and a prospect? I’m totally great with that. Not some amazing package but it’s way better than keeping him or losing him for nothing.

Knicks being able to *possibly take on DDR $ and only send back 4-6M player is great too.

I can see NY doing this IF they whiff on plan A, B and C maybe.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    No way. A first and a prospect? I’m totally great with that. Not some amazing package but it’s way better than keeping him or losing him for nothing.

Knicks being able to *possibly take on DDR $ and only send back 4-6M player is great too.

I agree it's an OK return, however, the whole scenario is a gnsf-trade-thread-special. First of all this trade wouldn't happen on draft night for a million reasons. Meaning the Spurs wouldn't be picking the player with the LAC 2020 1st but the Knicks would. Meaning the Spurs would have to like that player and wait for a couple of months until he's actually trade eligible on his rookie deal (just like Cavs - Minnesota had to wait before trading Love for Wiggins). Meaning the Knicks would have to sit on their cap space and not use it and wait for the trade to be eligible. Yeah no.

Not to mention the bad blood between the Spurs and NY front offices which makes any such trades highly unlikely.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I would do that (Ntilikina and a first) for Derozan, but I agree with BG that's it's probably DOA in NY.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I agree it's an OK return, however, the whole scenario is a gnsf-trade-thread-special. First of all this trade wouldn't happen on draft night for a million reasons. Meaning the Spurs wouldn't be picking the player with the LAC 2020 1st but the Knicks would. Meaning the Spurs would have to like that player and wait for a couple of months until he's actually trade eligible on his rookie deal (just like Cavs - Minnesota had to wait before trading Love for Wiggins). Meaning the Knicks would have to sit on their cap space and not use it and wait for the trade to be eligible. Yeah no.

Not to mention the bad blood between the Spurs and NY front offices which makes any such trades highly unlikely.
    Agree lol. That’s why I put an Asterisk*

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

They want a star and apparently view DDR as a star. They have enough cap to sign him outright, even with a $8-15 ,million reduction in the cap, in the off-season. The reason why a trade would make sense is because DDR isn't going to want to give up almost $28 million. A Clippers first and Ntilikina would a steal for the Spurs and something the Knicks would probably do tbh.

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I wish we had another amnesty to spend of this piece of

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Thread Information