Page 11 of 13 FirstFirst ... 78910111213 LastLast
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    https://sports.yahoo.com/report-dema...033013924.html

Makes it sound like DeMar will opt in now due to corona, dropping basketball income, etc
    Spurs

canít get rid of Pop
    canít get rid of Aldridge
    cant get rid of Derozen
    wonít get rid of Forbes
    made Patty team culture spokesman, so he ainít going anywhere

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Be a huge expiring trade boat at deadline or beginning of season

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I am really one of the few who would be OK with a 3/75 extension? The 2021 FA class? No one would sign with us even when we were good . . .
    its not about signing anybody in 2021, its about moving the on form him and his overpaid contract and rebuilding with youth

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    This. Off the bench, instant scorer and playmaker is the role best suited for him.
    exactly but his ego can't take it

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I predict DeMar opts in. And then leaves as a free agent the following year. I'm good with that. He will have to establish his value, so he will play hard next year. But he is off the Spurs timeline now. They are better off going into rebuilt because he isn't good enough to make them contenders.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Fckn got only staying for the money...hopefully spurs dump his ass to the east

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Fckn got only staying for the money...hopefully spurs dump his ass to the east
    So silly. Why be mad at DeRozan for choosing to get his money on a perfectly valid contract?

He didn’t ask to be traded. You want to be mad? Be mad at the brain trust of Pop, RC and Brian Wright for agreeing and pursuing that trade.

1) It’s his money and there is zero wrong with staying for the money. Beyond that, it’s not like he’s a bad person and causing public waves/issues. He’s been a good teammate and while I don’t like his game overall, he’s done what he can do. If he were being a d*ck? Sure, I can understand being mad. But he’s just doing what any rational person may do - explore his options.

2) Spurs if they don’t like it can control the situation. They choose NOT to trade him at the last deadline. Again, all angry arrows point back to Pop, RC and Brian Wright for their horrific handling of the trade (not the Kawhi part, but what they targeted and pursued and agreed to). If he does not opt out? They can trade him if they have the wherewithal to do so and he has absolutely zero say.

But this is all about the Spurs. Be mad at them, not DDR.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    So silly. Why be mad at DeRozan for choosing to get his money on a perfectly valid contract?

He didnít ask to be traded. You want to be mad? Be mad at the brain trust of Pop, RC and Brian Wright for agreeing and pursuing that trade.

1) Itís his money and there is zero wrong with staying for the money. Beyond that, itís not like heís a bad person and causing public waves/issues. Heís been a good teammate and while I donít like his game overall, heís done what he can do. If he were being a d*ck? Sure, I can understand being mad. But heís just doing what any rational person may do - explore his options.

2) Spurs if they donít like it can control the situation. They choose NOT to trade him at the last deadline. Again, all angry arrows point back to Pop, RC and Brian Wright for their horrific handling of the trade (not the Kawhi part, but what they targeted and pursued and agreed to). If he does not opt out? They can trade him if they have the wherewithal to do so and he has absolutely zero say.

But this is all about the Spurs. Be mad at them, not DDR.

Fck him,and his game,tbh. I hate his emo personality,and constant whining on the court. His hero ball/choking,and being able to let players get in his head so easily.Every spur player is a good teammate,wtf does that matter? Obviously the spurs fo is at fault,but they aint going anywhere so we might as well dump decancer

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I am really hoping he goes to the Nets in a trade. They are looking for a third star and if he was ok with it could sign an extension still get this money and be traded. I dont want us to trade him just to trade him but I think we could get a good trade from them.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I am really hoping he goes to the Nets in a trade. They are looking for a third star and if he was ok with it could sign an extension still get this money and be traded. I dont want us to trade him just to trade him but I think we could get a good trade from them.
    That actually wouldn't be a bad spot for him. Somewhere he would fit into a clear third option role. Very few places could accommodate him, maybe the warriors with Curry and Thompson able to cover for his lack of 3 point shooting. Problem is he is such a defensive zero, no outside shot and despite having all the tools being such a non-factor on defense is downright criminal for how much he makes.

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    That actually wouldn't be a bad spot for him. Somewhere he would fit into a clear third option role. Very few places could accommodate him, maybe the warriors with Curry and Thompson able to cover for his lack of 3 point shooting. Problem is he is such a defensive zero, no outside shot and despite having all the tools being such a non-factor on defense is downright criminal for how much he makes.
    He also would be with 3 good shooters in Durant Irving and either harris or levert. Only non shooter he would be with would be Jordan. He can also handle the ball when Irving is not in the game.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    He also would be with 3 good shooters in Durant Irving and either harris or levert. Only non shooter he would be with would be Jordan. He can also handle the ball when Irving is not in the game.
    DeRozan can't be a third option because of inability to space the floor (or even attempt to). He's also a poor defender and their core isn't exactly teeming with stout defenders.

Also, why would they limit the amount of on ball time two clearly superior offensive options receive in order to accommodate a pseudo star?

The only teams he's a potential fit for, are wannabe "compe ive" types in non glamour markets.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    covid strikes again

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    DeRozan can't be a third option because of inability to space the floor (or even attempt to). He's also a poor defender and their core isn't exactly teeming with stout defenders.

Also, why would they limit the amount of on ball time two clearly superior offensive options receive in order to accommodate a pseudo star?

The only teams he's a potential fit for, are wannabe "compe ive" types in non glamour markets.
    I dont see why he cant be a third option without shooting the 3. I agree that he is not a floor spacer but he still has value and could be on a good team.

I also think his poor defense is overblown. This may be because I think he is far better then forbes. I would not cal him a good defender but I would not call him a poor defender either.

They will still need to share the ball and durant and irving will not play 48 min a game. It would not surprise me for them to both miss time again next year but I bet the Nets would not plan on this.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I dont see why he cant be a third option without shooting the 3. I agree that he is not a floor spacer but he still has value and could be on a good team.

I also think his poor defense is overblown. This may be because I think he is far better then forbes. I would not cal him a good defender but I would not call him a poor defender either.

They will still need to share the ball and durant and irving will not play 48 min a game. It would not surprise me for them to both miss time again next year but I bet the Nets would not plan on this.
    Nope, he's bad defender and has been for his career. This season he ranked 91st out of 98th in DRPM among SF's.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    NBA is signaling they don’t expect a big drop off in cap, so owners will be spending more than they’re typically used to.

Not sure how it impacts Spurs vis-a-vis other teams. You may see teams with bloated payrolls though try to dump guys into cap space. If they do that, it means less cap space a guy like Demar could sign into. I have a feeling that even if he walks, Spurs likely are able to structure a trade that brings back assets.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    NBA is signaling they don’t expect a big drop off in cap, so owners will be spending more than they’re typically used to.

Not sure how it impacts Spurs vis-a-vis other teams. You may see teams with bloated payrolls though try to dump guys into cap space. If they do that, it means less cap space a guy like Demar could sign into. I have a feeling that even if he walks, Spurs likely are able to structure a trade that brings back assets.
    Assets make make money, and I guarantee that they won't be as good as he is. There's no point in dying the proverbial death of a thousand cuts. You let him walk, and you move on. We have assets already who have been stuck behind him, and they all need playing time next year.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Fck him,and his game,tbh. I hate his emo personality,and constant whining on the court. His hero ball/choking,and being able to let players get in his head so easily.Every spur player is a good teammate,wtf does that matter? Obviously the spurs fo is at fault,but they aint going anywhere so we might as well dump decancer
    Yup

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Nope, he's bad defender and has been for his career. This season he ranked 91st out of 98th in DRPM among SF's.
    Damn. Yeah he’s bad

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    If or when NBA returns I swear I won't say anything bad about DeRozan/Spurs' FO/DJ's hoes/...

Damn I even miss Beli.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    If or when NBA returns I swear I won't say anything bad about DeRozan/Spurs' FO/DJ's hoes/...

Damn I even miss Beli.

Id take 10 more years of forbes if it meant getting back to normal. id even co-sign a mills hefty exstension
    Last edited by slick'81; 04-10-2020 at 11:55 PM.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Damn I even miss Beli.
    I’d rather the NBA be canceled forever than see that piece of DeRozan suit up ever again for the spurs

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I’d rather the NBA be canceled forever than see that piece of DeRozan suit up ever again for the spurs
    lol

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    How do we know if we are even going to have a "next season"?

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    How do we know if we are even going to have a "next season"?
    If it involves DeRozan and Forbes I'd rather the roni wipe us all out.

Thread Information