Page 18 of 23 FirstFirst ... 8141516171819202122 ... LastLast
    Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    But that player probably wants out and either way, they don't appear intent on extending him.

The metrics can't barely or not matter when it comes to the likes of Aldridge and DeRozan, then matter a lot when it comes the likes of LeVert and Prince.

LeVert is somewhat like Ingram in that the metrics have never beared out what the consensus on him appears to be.

Prince isn't good, but he's only signed for 2 years and as a solid 3-point shooting combo forward, who's still youngish, he'd fill a need.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Prince isn't solid. He's horrible. There's no need for horrible players on the roster. They could literally find a better player with their second or even UDFA. He's that bad.

I agree that Levert is not a bad player and has reasons to be excited. But he's also been in the league four years now, so his performance has to matter more than his potential. Even if he started playing better, his injury history would be enough reason to justify moving on from him.

If Brooklyn also included 19 in the deal, you could talk me into it. But that's because the pick is the actual value. If they had another contract to fill in that cap, it'd work just as well for me.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Doubt that works financially. Probably needs Lavert in there to make salaries match
    Hence “the more details to work out part”. Whether it’s 3rd team and or other parts. Saying my guess is Sa would end up with Prince + 1RP as “main” parts for ddr

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    That Brooklyn trade is horrible. I guess your plan is for SA to rebuilding by scoring a first-overall pick, and becoming a -tier organization that'd do a deal like this would probably be the fastest way to get there.
    Agree i hate TP but if you know ddr is 100% opting out? Getting a 1RP is better than nothing.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Agree i hate TP but if you know ddr is 100% opting out? Getting a 1RP is better than nothing.
    Did you see that deal? It was SA trading 11 and a future second for 19. That's worse than nothing.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Did you see that deal? It was SA trading 11 and a future second for 19. That's worse than nothing.
    Ya that’s not happening so I don’t even acknowledge it. SA would be getting the Philly pick and keeping 11

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Ya that’s not happening so I don’t even acknowledge it. SA would be getting the Philly pick and keeping 11
    I basically see the deal (as you said it) as DMDR for LeVert and Prince and 19 for cap space. I can live with that.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I basically see the deal (as you said it) as DMDR for LeVert and Prince and 19 for cap space. I can live with that.
    Something like that. Maybe a third team involved. Spurs only get the pick by taking on Prince though

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Something like that. Maybe a third team involved. Spurs only get the pick by taking on Prince though
    I think they'd keep LeVert. There's no reason to move him when he's basically a lotto ticket. I agree with Teeds when he says the Spurs seem to have a hole for a perimeter scoring option in the absence of DeRozan.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I think they'd keep LeVert. There's no reason to move him when he's basically a lotto ticket. I agree with Teeds when he says the Spurs seem to have a hole for a perimeter scoring option in the absence of DeRozan.
    Sorry. I meant I don’t think BKY would be willing to include him. But it’s possible and would love that.

#POPOUT
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    theres no way nets do this trade. Be realistic and impartial. levert is a better asset than ddr without a doubt and u want them to add another #19...pls. im not a fan of a trade idea i proposed earlier but thats what probably would look like at the end of their negotiations. nets has a leverage and they know that.

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    theres no way nets do this trade. Be realistic and impartial. levert is a better asset than ddr without a doubt and u want them to add another #19...pls. im not a fan of a trade idea i proposed earlier but thats what probably would look like at the end of their negotiations. nets has a leverage and they know that.
    The Spurs have more leverage. They do not have to get something for DDR. Brooklyn is in a win now mode. I would say more then GS is as they brought on the high paid players to win. GS has at least won so if they dont win again it wont be so bad. That being said the trade I was looking at was dinwiddie, Prince and allen for DDR. We would also get atleast a 1st rd pick. They have gone away from allen with them getting Jordan. This would also give us a good young big.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Brooklyn isn’t trading Levert in a Demar package, no way Him and KD are close

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Any news?

#POPOUT
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The Spurs have more leverage. They do not have to get something for DDR. Brooklyn is in a win now mode. I would say more then GS is as they brought on the high paid players to win. GS has at least won so if they dont win again it wont be so bad. That being said the trade I was looking at was dinwiddie, Prince and allen for DDR. We would also get atleast a 1st rd pick. They have gone away from allen with them getting Jordan. This would also give us a good young big.
    no they dont. spurs have to get sth in return bc noone in FAs come to san antonio. everyone knows that. ddr must be traded. secondly, there is no rush to trade levert for nets and they can still be in win now mode with him in a roster.
    im not sure nets would include a 1st rd pick to ur trade idea. allen is great but only 1yr left. if he loves san antonio and sign a longer deal thats ok but i doubt it.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    What are the chances of Detroit getting in the trade isn’t his old coach and pg friend playing there add to that I think Detroit has about 34 mill in cap room? Oh what’s the new date he has to make his decision on opting in or out?

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    no they dont. spurs have to get sth in return bc noone in FAs come to san antonio. everyone knows that. ddr must be traded. secondly, there is no rush to trade levert for nets and they can still be in win now mode with him in a roster.
    im not sure nets would include a 1st rd pick to ur trade idea. allen is great but only 1yr left. if he loves san antonio and sign a longer deal thats ok but i doubt it.

Spurs did not trade him last year and this was with reports of him wanting out and spurs not coming to an agreement with him. So they are in no rush to trade him. It is better to do no trade then a bad trade. Nets have been said they want a third star. That have a few years left to win. Spurs will get another good player eventually either trough draft or throwing enough money at them.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Prince is legit one of the worst players in the NBA. Like Bryn is better than Prince and it's not close.

https://stathead.com/basketball/pcm_...&p2yrfrom=2020

LeVert is an interesting player, but DeRozan is still better, and Prince is such an awful anchor that Brooklyn would have to attach more value to dump him and to get DeRozan.
    nobody in the entire NBA is worse than Bryn Forbes. Nobody. Let them add the 19th pick, that was my initial post anyway. Plus Dinwiddie would fit as well, but I'm not sure if they would be willing to give him up. Brooklyn definitely seems to be the most interesting trade partner.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    nobody in the entire NBA is worse than Bryn Forbes. Nobody. Let them add the 19th pick, that was my initial post anyway. Plus Dinwiddie would fit as well, but I'm not sure if they would be willing to give him up. Brooklyn definitely seems to be the most interesting trade partner.
    Did you click on the link? I was surprised, but he’s worse than Bryn.

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Did you click on the link? I was surprised, but he’s worse than Bryn.
    Prince had a down year and is also much better on Defense.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Prince had a down year and is also much better on Defense.
    No. Prince has been worse than Bryn for three years straight. It hasn't been close that whole time. He's legit awful

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Brooklyn isn't going to be worried about keeping both LeVert and Dinwiddie if they're getting DeRozan. He'll be scoring plenty. They'll need to match salary somehow, and Prince only get them so far. They are less likely to trade Jordan than LeVert and less likely to trade LeVert than Dinwiddie. Spence seems like the odd man out, though I guess they could move Caris since he and DeMar actually play the some position.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Brooklyn isn't going to be worried about keeping both LeVert and Dinwiddie if they're getting DeRozan. He'll be scoring plenty. They'll need to match salary somehow, and Prince only get them so far. They are less likely to trade Jordan than LeVert and less likely to trade LeVert than Dinwiddie. Spence seems like the odd man out, though I guess they could move Caris since he and DeMar actually play the some position.
    I'd take Dinwiddie if the Spurs can turn around and trade Murray for a SF tbh.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Spurs should try their hardest to get Levert, Dinwiddie and the pick. Package some of our garbage with DeRozan, we got plenty

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    What are the chances of Detroit getting in the trade isn’t his old coach and pg friend playing there add to that I think Detroit has about 34 mill in cap room? Oh what’s the new date he has to make his decision on opting in or out?
    It’s not something set yet. I think it’s 5 days before free agency.

Thread Information