My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Prince sucks. Bad. But he’s worth taking on for a 1st

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I still think demar or Orlando can be a thing. After Jonathon Isaac tearing his acl, and Aaron Gordon perpetually being in trade talks. Add in if they lose Fournier in free agency. Demar could be a desperate get for them

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    This has probably been answered already, but do we know when he has to opt in by? I assume sometime before the draft?

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I still think demar or Orlando can be a thing. After Jonathon Isaac tearing his acl, and Aaron Gordon perpetually being in trade talks. Add in if they lose Fournier in free agency. Demar could be a desperate get for them
    The reason why Gordon has been in so many trade talks this past year is because Orlando wants Isaac to start at PF. With Isaac out, for who knows how long, trading Gordon should no longer be a priority.

If Fournier is foolish enough to opt out that gives them options to go and sign someone else. Magic fans have been frustrated with Fournier’s consistency for about 2 years now.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    This has probably been answered already, but do we know when he has to opt in by? I assume sometime before the draft?
    I think they're waiting to finalize the calendar, which supposedly will happen by next week. Or if it doesn't, it'll be a horrible sign. I don't think it'll have to be before the draft though. Right now, there's a moratorium on trades (which seems to be what Windhorst meant, btb for those who remember him talking about it ending -- he probably wasn't talking about the usual moratorium that starts the league year). I don't think that'll be lifted until there's an agree, draft or no, so all options are being frozen. Thinking the players will officially have until the start of the real moratorium to opt out per the usual rules, and the non-guarantee dates will extend a week into the new year.

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I agree that it has been pushed back until the get the new agreement done which will happen shortly. It has been pushed back at least twice. I think they want it done before the draft and will have it where players have to opt in or opt out before the draft. I think they want to try an keep it in order of a normal year so players would opt in/out before the draft to allow trades. FA will open after draft as it usually does.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Prince isn't solid. He's horrible.
    Prince isn't good, but he's only signed for 2 years and as a solid 3-point shooting
    Career 36.6%, with 50.3% of his fga's being 3's.

There's no need for horrible players on the roster. They could literally find a better player with their second or even UDFA. He's that bad.

I agree that Levert is not a bad player and has reasons to be excited. But he's also been in the league four years now, so his performance has to matter more than his potential. Even if he started playing better, his injury history would be enough reason to justify moving on from him.

If Brooklyn also included 19 in the deal, you could talk me into it. But that's because the pick is the actual value. If they had another contract to fill in that cap, it'd work just as well for me.
    The deal would be about LeVert obviously. Prince would just be the salary ballast they'd have to swallow. I'm just saying, he wouldn't be a bad fit on this roster or prevent them from doing anything.

True, but LeVert has had a lot of stops and starts and has lacked a consistent role.

I can't imagine the Nets even trading LeVert for DeRozan, nevermind including 19. Myriad insiders view him as a potential centerpiece of a package for Beal (eventually), Holiday or straight up for Oladipo.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    If a Brooklyn deal included their pick without losing ours, I'd be all for it. Prince is bad but his salary can be absorbed without too much trouble, and at least his role as a bench guy is firmly established. DeRozan is paid like a superstar and produces results like a slightly better than average vet. LeVert's contract is reasonable too, and he's young.
    Have to say though, I thinks it's a terrible trade for Brooklyn-- with Durant & Kyrie the last thing they need is a guy who needs the ball, doesn't shoot threes, and isn't a great defender.
    If by chance the Nets offered Rodions Kurucs instead of the draft pick, I'd be on board with that too. He's shown flashes of potential playing SF as a rookie and as a small ball big in spot minutes during his second season. His 2pt & 3pt%s were very good last year. He's an interesting prospect on an inexpensive rookie contract.
    Last edited by R. DeMurre; 10-31-2020 at 02:05 PM.

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Ide want Brooklyn 2022 unprotected rookie pick. Kirie is hurt all the time KD is getting older and coming off major injury. DDR may not stay. they could be bad that year.

Remember Cherokee Parks The Truth #6's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Spurs are hesitant to make deals, which typically annoys me, but I’m concerned they will make a crappy one here for an overpriced veteran. Unless they get future-oriented assets, I’d let him walk.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    One Nets player that I'd really like to have is Joe Harris. He's a free agent this year, but from what I heard they definitely want to keep him.

My Team
    Toronto Raptors
    Post Count
    i've hated demar longer than anyone here.

with that said, d'antoni would help demar a ton. demar will be an all-star next year if he's on the nets.

My Team
    Toronto Raptors
    Post Count
    i wish pop had offered d'antoni a job tbh.

but who knows, maybe he did.

Remember Cherokee Parks The Truth #6's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    i wish pop had offered d'antoni a job tbh.

but who knows, maybe he did.
    It would probably trigger his PTSD.

My Team
    Toronto Raptors
    Post Count
    atlanta wants help to make the playoffs.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    atlanta wants help to make the playoffs.

The Spurs should consider Murray for the 6th pick tbh

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The Spurs should consider Murray for the 6th pick tbh
    It's crazy that Gambit actually posted a trade that I'd be happy to see happen. It's not at all practical, and I don't think ATL would do it, but still.

Anyway, yeah, I do think something like Murray for 6 or Murray and 11 for Reddish and 6 would work for both teams. Spurs get into position to grab their PF of the future, and the Hawks get their Young's long-term teammate and save money for White's extension. I don't know that Atlanta would be okay doing it though.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    It's crazy that Gambit actually posted a trade that I'd be happy to see happen. It's not at all practical, and I don't think ATL would do it, but still.

Anyway, yeah, I do think something like Murray for 6 or Murray and 11 for Reddish and 6 would work for both teams. Spurs get into position to grab their PF of the future, and the Hawks get their Young's long-term teammate and save money for White's extension. I don't know that Atlanta would be okay doing it though.
    I think ATL be interested in Murray, who could give Young his potential backcourt mate of the future. Murray, alone, isn't worth a top six pick though even though he seems like he'd be a good fit with Young. Which mean that they'd probably want 11 back as well.

I think the Spurs might say no to that. They might only move Murray if they can get a George Hill level return for him but Murray isn't as good as Hill was, to warrant that.

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I think ATL be interested in Murray, who could give Young his potential backcourt mate of the future. Murray, alone, isn't worth a top six pick though even though he seems like he'd be a good fit with Young. Which mean that they'd probably want 11 back as well.

I think the Spurs might say no to that. They might only move Murray if they can get a George Hill level return for him but Murray isn't as good as Hill was, to warrant that.

Murray is better then hill. People are basing Murray and White off of the Bubble. When looking at the season DJM was Similer to White. I would argue slightly better. people saw the bubble (where white did outplay DJM) and think that was the whole season. DJM was also coming back from a major story. They should both be starting to at least see how they look together. My biggest Problem is I also really want to see KJ start at the 2 and us find a 3. this causes a little bit of a problem if White and Murray start together. I would put KJ at the 3 next year and get rid of DDR so we would not have anyone to start at the 3. I am thinking people will be happy to eat crow next year on Murray if DDR and LMA are gone.

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Murray is better then hill. People are basing Murray and White off of the Bubble. When looking at the season DJM was Similer to White. I would argue slightly better. people saw the bubble (where white did outplay DJM) and think that was the whole season. DJM was also coming back from a major story. They should both be starting to at least see how they look together. My biggest Problem is I also really want to see KJ start at the 2 and us find a 3. this causes a little bit of a problem if White and Murray start together. I would put KJ at the 3 next year and get rid of DDR so we would not have anyone to start at the 3. I am thinking people will be happy to eat crow next year on Murray if DDR and LMA are gone.

You haven't heard? Half the forum already wants dejounte gone.

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    You haven't heard? Half the forum already wants dejounte gone.
    I dont understand what you are trying to say with this comment.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    With the Malik Beasley situation in Minnesota cloudy, T’wolves 1st might be available for a discounted price.
    J.Johnson, J.Hermangomez S/T and 1st for Derozan and 11 would be interesting.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I think people forget how good Hill was early on in his career. He was a good offensive and defensive player who was the sixth man of a 61 win team. I think Hill was probably better, three years their careers.

Murray has potential, I just don't know that he'll reach it, especially if he's shoehorned as a point guard. White and Murray were fairly even most of last season. If White actually continues to play with no hesitation, then he's certainly better as a player.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    With the Malik Beasley situation in Minnesota cloudy, T’wolves 1st might be available for a discounted price.
    J.Johnson, J.Hermangomez S/T and 1st for Derozan and 11 would be interesting.
    How does Beasley’s arrest impact their willingness to trade the No. 1 pick?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    How does Beasley’s arrest impact their willingness to trade the No. 1 pick?
    it's pretty clear. He's a free agent so they will have to attach the 1st pick to move his huge 2.7 million dollar contract

Thread Information